Encopresis.

Yagattrenes16

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Does anyone know someone or have you suffered from encopresis as a child? dirty your pants, or your bed? Do I use pull ups or diapers for that? tell your experience.

Last edited:
I had a friend in grade 5 who had this problem. He was terribly embarrassed by it and his parents were kinda big jerks about it. He had to wear diapers under his clothes a lot of the time. He was a nice kid but he cried a lot and he was very easy to trigger and make him angry. I eventually started to feel uncomfortable around the family for multiple other reasons and stopped going over and being friends.
The poor guy continued with this problem in later years. If he had an accident in grade 7 hed start crying loudly in class and yell at anyone who talked to him. Then hed just get up and walk home. He dropped out of school in grade 8 and I dont know what became of him.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Subtlerustle and ronnieM
I understand this is about impacted stool. Usually involuntary. Impacted stool is collected in the colon and rectum. The colon becomes too full and liquid stool leaks around the retained colon. Eventually, stool retention can become with distention. Actually, soiling is a symptom of chronic constipation. There can be other situations, but I think it is described as the main problem.

Reactions: Rarity
Yep! Had it as a kid growing up in the 70s/80s. It really wasn’t a thing that was easily diagnosed back then, so it was really untreated until I was about 11. I was able to stay in old school pampers until about age 8, and at that point, I was just too big. So it was tightly whites and a lot of bleach at that point. That was less fun than the pampers.

There are several subtypes of encopresis: 1) With constipation and overflow incontinence; 2) Without constipation and overflow incontinence. The first can become a medical emergency with impacted stool and megacolon that stretches the colon and sphincter muscles, nerve damage can also result. The second subtype is less of a medical emergency. Treatment involves a combination of psychological treatment with the child and parents, dietary/nutritional counseling, and a pediatric gastroenterologist.

I knew a kid who I think had this issue. He was about 10 years old and out of nowhere, he would smell like poop and have to run to the restroom and stay a while in there (possibly to clean up). I also overheard a portion of a conversation telling my mom that “it gets stuck for a while and then unexpectedly comes out”. I’m not sure she was talking about him or not, but I always assumed it was.

We had a niece who went through this. She’d come and stay with us for a month every summer while she was a kid, and there were a couple of summers where she just…smelled like poop. The entire time. It was pretty unpleasant, not only because of the smell, but because we could tell she was really embarrassed about it. She’d been very outgoing and social in years past, and was suddenly hiding in her room all day. Wife helped her wash her clothes as often as needed and tried to make it not a big deal.

We never heard much about how her parents were dealing with it, but we knew she was seeing a therapist. Something eventually worked, because we got a few more mess- and stink-free summers with her before she graduated from high school.

Encopresis when I was very young was what started my whole diaper need/appreciation

Last edited:
Back