Effects of moving out your parent's house

Susbka

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So for most of abdls it starts way back in primary school or middle school. Due to that, they have to hide their abdl side and avoid getting caught, with financial inability adding on top of the problem, so you can't truly go after what you want like building a crib, unrestricted wearing etc.

So how did you guys experience things when you first moved out and got financially independent?

Reactions: littledreamers333, BunnyFofo, Diaperboy27 and 2 others
I had to hide everything, even go without, on-and-off for years. There was almost zero support for AB/DL back in the '80s (and before) and first half of the '90s; we almost all thought we were alone in this and were isolated. So it was just diapers...throughout adult singlehood, into marriage & family...

Then the late '90s: not only was there a community now...but Adult Babies! So, flip the switch, get bottles, etc....and still hide it.

Mid-'00s: disability, separation. Chances to wear more, baby up more...even meet up or even go camping! Community! Horizons broadened, things shared, openness & acceptance fostered, found.

This goes on well into the '10s, then '20s: life changes, awkward circumstances, new discoveries...and a new boldness: not only a different side but a desire for more! Here comes the high-chair, rocking chair, toys...and a crib. Plus: stuffies!

Between moving out in '89 and now, it's 35 years. Lots gained, lots lost. Change. Circumstances. Fluidity, stability. Never went back to the launch pad...never will. Tired of living in fear, seclusion. In hiding. In doubt. Not an exhibitionist...nor am I a mole. Learn who you can trust, forget the rest. And live, meaningfully. With decorum, with discretion. Careful about how you you blur the line. And just live.

That's my diaper life, post-launch-pad. Your results will vary. And good luck!

Reactions: DLPeakOut, Geminize, Angelapinks and 4 others
First moved out in college, the dorm sucked so junior I got an apartment with my best friend. I told him about my diapers that year, showed him, and he wore one once (he didn’t use it but was still fun).
I wore diapers about the same amount as when I was living with my parents, was too broke then to get any.

Since moving in with my GF (now wife) who knows about my diapers, I started wearing a lot more often. I started making more money, buying more diapers, and wearing more diapers. Got a big boy job and got an FSA, and when I found out I could buy diapers with it, I went all in. Cases on cases of diapers! I got cloth diapers and covers, plastic pants, diaper subscriptions, and purchased onesies out of pocket. Needless to say I went almost 24/7 from there.

I’m mostly a DL but I do like graphic tees & oversized sweatshirts, so I purchased a bunch to wear around the house with my diapers & got pants specifically to fit over my diapers. My wife is cook with it and supportive. She really likes wearing pull ups for comfort.

My next goal is to get comfortable wearing through the night. Sensory sensitivities make it tough, but I know I can get there. Any tips would be appreciated 😊

Reactions: DLPeakOut, denimchicken, Angelapinks and 4 others
I never bought diapers while I lived with my parents. I was never willing to take the risk. The most I'd do was wear makeshift diapers out of plastic bags and paper towels. I first bought some a few months into college, but I had a roommate so my wearing was still pretty restricted. Anyway, I binged and purged for the next decade more or less, with one longer stint where I wore diapers for idk, maybe 6 months to a year, but still purged. Recently I've bought more diapers and baby clothes, but I still have a roommate (albeit I have my own room), so I don't have lots of accessories. I don't know whether someday I will swing things to have a nursery. Hopefully I'm past purging.

Reactions: Angelapinks, KBoy and BobbiSueEllen
The trouble with living at home is that most parents still think that you are five years old.

• Haha
Reactions: Angelapinks, Elmo, dogboy and 1 other person
I bought diapers when I lived with my parents but I hid them in a trunk of an old junk car that was pretty deep in the woods on my neighbors property.
When I wanted to wear I would go out in the woods and retrieve one of my diapers from the car and put it on while leaning up against the car or a tree. This was in an area by the local canal and after I'd get diapered up I would walk the tow path.
I sometimes did this at night too. Pitch black. There were times I would take off my pants and just walk around in my diaper in the dark.
When I moved out at 18 I went in the service. I had a car and I also had diapers that I kept in the car and I'd go to the local lake and repeat what I did when I lived at home.
Sometimes I would sneak a few diapers into my room in the barracks and I'd wear when my roommate wasn't there. (I got a close call story about that at a later time)
Out of the service I lived with my sister. Again wash rinse and repeat.
I met my soon to be wife and for the next 14 years wash, rinse and repeat.
It wasn't until 2006 that I gained some independence when I was outed and had to fess up. I've been liberated ever since.

Reactions: denimchicken, Angelapinks, KBoy and 2 others
As soon as I got my driver's license I began driving to other towns and purchasing Attends adult briefs. That posed a storage problem because I didn't want to take them in our house to be discovered by anyone. So kept them off site. Either out in the woods in a bag, or along the road in a ditch. I would wear one at a time at my choosing. My system worked.

Reactions: KBoy and BobbiSueEllen
I moved out long before there was the internet so I would have to go into a store to buy diapers. I was very nervous but I wanted diapers more than getting seen by someone.

Reactions: Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen, KBoy and 1 other person
As I only occasionally do ABDL things, the only thing that really changed when I moved into my own house was that I didn't have to hide and/or lock away my ABDL items.

It was true that I could wear whenever I wanted instead of waiting for a time when my parents were not around but as I said I only wear occasionally so this wasn't too different from when I was living with my parents.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Unfortunately, I have always lived with people that I would prefer didn’t know about my proclivities. When I was 14 my grandpa died, My grandma, who was 68 at the time, already had some physical issues that limited her independence. I ended up moving in with her and stsymg with her for the rest of her life. She didn’t pass until I was 33.

I was on my own very briefly before my parents started having financial issues. My dad was obliged to retire and they didn’t have much money. Meanwhile I had inherited my grandma’s huge home, which was paid off. So I invited my parents to move in.

Sandwiched in between was when I first started experimenting with AB diapers. I can remember the moment I put my first diaper on quite well. The tape job was horrible and it leaked like no other but the feel of the padding against my skin? It was what I had always imagined it would feel like.

Of course I sometimes think it would be fun to have a whole AB playroom/nursery and I do low key get envious of people who have them. But while I really like AB clothes (footed jammies and onesies are comfortable as heck), I don’t actually get into little space all that much. So having my AB stuff as my nighttime wear when I am behind closed doors is enough.

I don’t know what life will look like after my parents are gone but I don’t like living alone so I imagine I will invite a friend to move in or look for a room mate. So keeping my AB interests buried will probably be a constant. Alas.

• Thinking
Reactions: dous and BobbiSueEllen
Moving out was a major turning point in my life, at first I had roommates, so I kept it to mostly collecting plushies and cute clothes. Then I moved on to my own apartment and things changed for the better, I got myself all the things I had been denied before, a playpen, baby toys, diapers (those became a medical necessity for me around that time). And now I even have my own crib… So the effects of moving out for me were that I could finally live life as my true self.Mycrib.jpg
my_playpen.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: ShyBoo81, LittleAnonymousHacker, AlwaysDreaming and 8 others
I started wearing 24/7. It was like instant transition from almost not wearing at all for like 6-7 years to always being in a diaper.
And I didn't actually planned that, I rather thought I would be diapered only for nights, some days after work and maybe something more at the weekends.
I bought a big pack of diapers probably first day after moving out, and at the beginning I wore diapers when I got home from work and at night. But it was February 2020, soon due to the pandemic I started working remotely and immediately started wearing 24/7. So in 5 months it will be the 4th anniversary of my big diapering.:)

Reactions: Angelapinks, Akura, Sealander and 1 other person
When I moved out a little over a year ago I felt like I can finally start wearing and using diapers, as well as using a paci and baba and snuggling with stuffies and blankies

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I moved out in 1982, after I finished my undergraduate degree. I didn't go nuts, I don't think, but I did buy diapers. Unfortunately, this was a time before adult-sized disposables were widely available. I bought what I could find, and they were not very good quality.

I also bought a dozen of the Curity flat diapers, which were still widely available at that time. Unfortunately, I didn't have a washer, so I had to wash them in my shower or sink. I had no plastic pants that would fit me, so my experimentations with cloth diapers didn't last long.

My girlfriend finally found some snap-on plastic pants in 1985, and she bought things like bottles and cobbler bibs. She bought me a Graco playpen and highchair for Christmas that year. We waited until we were in a home of our own before we bought an adult-sized crib.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: MiddleJacob and BobbiSueEllen
After I got out of the Marine Corps I lived in my mothers basement for a few years. I am sure she saw the footed pajamas I bought, wouldn't surprise me that she knew of the diapers too. I was pretty careful there and kept things out of sight with the few girlfriends I would have over. Once I moved out I got lazy. My girlfriend at the time saw my footed pajamas one day laying on my bed. She is now my wife.

I never introduced her to the ABDL world. I don't even think she knew that world existed. At the time it was still pretty underground and you had to know where to go online to get more info. I had only discovered in a few years before. It opened the door for me to reveal that I wore diapers and liked being babied, we never talked about the reasons.

I moved out when I got into a relationship, so I continued to suppress my AB/DL side. After many years we broke up when I caught her cheating. It was rough for a little while until I got over it. Now I actually like living by myself. I live in my own home, so I have lots of privacy.

A few years ago I started getting into diapers again, and started experimenting with AB things. I never knew how much I was into the AB side of it until I started to explore that side more. Since then I have discovered a lot about myself, and I am fully accepting of my AB/DL side. I am much happier as a result, and spend most evenings after work relaxing in diapers and doing fun things I like. It makes me happy and reduces my stress. There's nothing better after a long day than curling up and watching cartoons in a nice thick diaper with my stuffed bunny!

• Love
Reactions: MiddleJacob, dogboy and BobbiSueEllen
I moved out of my parents house and in with my partner, so moving didn't really give me any added freedom in the diaper department. I actually wear much MUCH less often now. My boyfriend is entirely on board with me being a little/AB but wasn't comfortable with diapers when I brought it up to him when we first started dating. Respectfully I have never exposed him to diapers and only wear when he isn't around ... but now he is always around since he changed jobs. I haven't been able to wear in several months. 🥺 When I lived with my parents they were always gone on weekends, so I could wear regularly. This hiatus has been horrible.

I can use bottles, pacis, and play to my hearts content though! Just no diapers. Our bedroom is effectively my nursery with some cute decorations and toys, and he has an 'office' for his big boy stuff. It's more of a gamer cave than an office really, lol. The rest of the house is rather normal so family can stop by without much worry. The only thing I'm really missing is diapers 😭 and maybe a highchair.

However, lately he has been teasing me in the store like asking if we need to pick up any diapers while we walk past the baby section. Then about a week ago he pretended to diaper me with a towel. 🫣I won't go into any more detail about that but these interactions have given me some hope for the future. Not pushing diapers on him and letting him come to terms at his own pace might just be working :eek: I'll need to have a chat with him soon, but I'm still very nervous. As it stands whenever he brings it up while teasing like this I get too shy and nervous and I can't even speak. Maybe I'll write him a letter. 😖 I'd love to have more freedom to wear diapers in my own home, even if he isn't involved.

• Love
Reactions: Lyric, ShyBoo81, ARBBB2 and 2 others
After I told my wife, I went slowly. Over several years, she became more and more comfortable with me wearing diapers; even to bed. Repetition makes things that seem at first crazy, become routine.

Reactions: AlwaysDreaming and BobbiSueEllen
AlwaysDreaming said:
I moved out of my parents house and in with my partner, so moving didn't really give me any added freedom in the diaper department. I actually wear much MUCH less often now. My boyfriend is entirely on board with me being a little/AB but wasn't comfortable with diapers when I brought it up to him when we first started dating. Respectfully I have never exposed him to diapers and only wear when he isn't around ... but now he is always around since he changed jobs. I haven't been able to wear in several months. 🥺 When I lived with my parents they were always gone on weekends, so I could wear regularly. This hiatus has been horrible.

I can use bottles, pacis, and play to my hearts content though! Just no diapers. Our bedroom is effectively my nursery with some cute decorations and toys, and he has an 'office' for his big boy stuff. It's more of a gamer cave than an office really, lol. The rest of the house is rather normal so family can stop by without much worry. The only thing I'm really missing is diapers 😭 and maybe a highchair.

However, lately he has been teasing me in the store like asking if we need to pick up any diapers while we walk past the baby section. Then about a week ago he pretended to diaper me with a towel. 🫣I won't go into any more detail about that but these interactions have given me some hope for the future. Not pushing diapers on him and letting him come to terms at his own pace might just be working :eek: I'll need to have a chat with him soon, but I'm still very nervous. As it stands whenever he brings it up while teasing like this I get too shy and nervous and I can't even speak. Maybe I'll write him a letter. 😖 I'd love to have more freedom to wear diapers in my own home, even if he isn't involved.
sounds to me like u can work a little more on diapers, being his is ok with little he might just end up liking to baby you!! Hope Hope!!!

It was almost like when I moved out for college. Of course I came back for leaving after breaks. When I finally moved out, I just bought a high-rise condo in central Chicago near the lake. It really wasn't that different since I still lived fairly close and saw them a few times each month. But having your own place is pretty cool. Complete independence.

Back