Dreams and Fantasy Worlds

lilithra

Fluffy Kitsune 3 Tails
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I would like to talk about Dreams. The thinks that your brain and subconcious mind create when you are sleep.

I want to talk about Fantasy Worlds too. Thats the name that I personally give to the concious mind spaces created by ourselves. Others names are Mind Palace, or just Inner World.

I would like that you share your experiences about Dreams and Fantasy Worlds, because I never was able to talk freely about them.

My experience with dreams that I remember is that of love and hate. When I was a little girl, my dreams were a space that I greatly enjoyed, they were better than my boring life and I always were told that I had great imagination... I just wanted to share the things that I dreamed, to make the other people happy.

That started to change when I was 8 years old, the life started becoming less un colors and more black, white and full or greys. The bullying to my friend and I in school was heavy and we sort of protected our classfellows that were always smaller than us (we consedered ourselves the 'big brothers').

From that point I started to have nightmares and they got worse and worse with adolescence. The nightmares turned into Night Terrors when I awoke screaming and crying at days when my situation where worst. My family didn't understand, and I learned to awake and silent scream, so that I wouldn't awake them up.

My nightmares where about being abandoned, about being locket up, about being hurt and in pain (the people that say that you cannot feel pain in a dream... they must not have many of this), about being laught at, about being told any kind of insult in an endless loop. They were a torture that needed to end.

And It didn't end until I was 19-20 years old. At that time I created my Fantasy World, well, It existed before, but I designed a more complete version of It. I needed It to survive, and if It wasn't for It, if It didn't worked... I would have tried to end my life at that moment.

My Fantasy World consisted of my most peaceful place that I could ever imagine. I would try to tell you a little about it, but It is imposible to do It perfectly, because more than the looks is the feelings that give the place, It feels me with serenity and helps me remember who I am. It's a forest glade with the purest air and in constant gentle raining, even before you can see It, you can hear the natural spring that forms in the glade and that is used by the animals of the forest. The trees and the leafs can be seen as the most big and healthy oaks.

I wanted It to become my safe heaven away from all dangers, and It helped me create so many different other worlds. In these other worlds I could be my little self or any other Fantasy that I had, I was totally free. I didn't want to live my miserable life when I was so good in my inner world.

And you? What are your experiences?

Reactions: Kittyinpink
I don't have a lot of time on lunch break to type so I may come back to this later at home, just wanted to ask if you've ever seen the film Bridge to Terebithia, it fits in well with this topic, little bit sad in places though.

Reactions: Kittyinpink
Belarin said:
I don't have a lot of time on lunch break to type so I may come back to this later at home, just wanted to ask if you've ever seen the film Bridge to Terebithia, it fits in well with this topic, little bit sad in places though.
I didn't see It. It's about Dreams? I will look.

lilithra said:
I didn't see It. It's about Dreams? I will look.
Not dreams but the fantasy worlds side.

The basic blurb on IMDB.

"A preteen's life turns upside down when he befriends the new girl in school and they imagine a whole new fantasy world to escape reality."

or the bigger synopsis.

"Growing up in the redneck country isn't easy for shy Jess Aarons, with a father struggling to make ends meet and two arrogant bigger sisters. In class he bonds with cheeky newcomer Leslie Burke, whose writer parents moved into the neighboring house, despite her taking his only local prestige by beating him in a school race. Having wandered off into the woods after school, they invent a fantasy land called Terabithia, where they can be the superheroes of imaginary feral races. Together they also stand up against bullies, but then tragedy strikes, and Jess must adjust again."

It's just a good story about escaping to imaginary fantasy worlds to cope with the pressures of life.

Reactions: lilithra
Belarin said:
Not dreams but the fantasy worlds side.

The basic blurb on IMDB.

"A preteen's life turns upside down when he befriends the new girl in school and they imagine a whole new fantasy world to escape reality."

or the bigger synopsis.

"Growing up in the redneck country isn't easy for shy Jess Aarons, with a father struggling to make ends meet and two arrogant bigger sisters. In class he bonds with cheeky newcomer Leslie Burke, whose writer parents moved into the neighboring house, despite her taking his only local prestige by beating him in a school race. Having wandered off into the woods after school, they invent a fantasy land called Terabithia, where they can be the superheroes of imaginary feral races. Together they also stand up against bullies, but then tragedy strikes, and Jess must adjust again."

It's just a good story about escaping to imaginary fantasy worlds to cope with the pressures of life.
Interesting, I will add the movie to my list. Jess seems to have similarities with my life.

Reactions: Belarin
It is a very good film and worth a watch, not sure where you'd find it these days though (it was 2007). I know Amazon Prime video has it but is unavailable in the UK (unless you buy it)

Reactions: lilithra
Back