Dorothy makeover

Sissyleslie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
One of my fantasies is to have a 'Dorothy makeover'. This would involve wearing an accurate version of the dress featured in the "Wizard of Oz " film. The wig would be a good quality one - not a cheap fancy dress version.
I would also have proper makeup done as well.
After all this, I would have my photograph taken in a studio setting. (This would be a professional photo session).
Of course, it would be prohibitedly expensive, but I can dream, can't I?

Reactions: VeiledDevotee and Seasonedcitizen
Sissyleslie said:
One of my fantasies is to have a 'Dorothy makeover'. This would involve wearing an accurate version of the dress featured in the "Wizard of Oz " film. The wig would be a good quality one - not a cheap fancy dress version.
I would also have proper makeup done as well.
After all this, I would have my photograph taken in a studio setting. (This would be a professional photo session).
Of course, it would be prohibitedly expensive, but I can dream, can't I?
Sounds so amazing

Sounds like a cosplay in the making.
The costume can be made for a more then fair price if you put some effort into it i recon.
As for the makeup, that would be fine too pricewise.
The studio part is most likely you biggest money drainer.

Even though the studio part may be a little more difficult.
I believe you can just start with the rest without much difficulty.

If you want some tips, there are pleny of cosplayers out there that could help you.
Either by watching youtube video's or written guides.
Asking about that stuff at conventions usually gets cosplayers exited as well.
So its both a great conversation starter and a good way to learn abut that stuff.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Thanks for your advice- it's greatly appreciated. Definitely something worth looking into.

Back