MatalicPebble

Lily Fathom
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I have said in the past that I limit my self criticism when I am regressing. Although its good to look for things to improve on I think I need to merge my everyday art and regression art methods. I normally try and use crayola supplies and coloring books when I regress. I like to save my more expensive materials for when I am doing my more serous art. I got to thinking about it all recently and realized I am being too critical with my art. Depending on what I am doing I will still limit what materials I use but, I want to become more relaxed when I am using my expensive materials. Perhaps I will trace a coloring page onto mixed media paper and just have at it with my full body paints.
So, to all of you who made a commitment to improve, how do you balance your daily art practice with your age regression art? Do you still do your best while regressing do you intentionally make child like art so your inner child feels more natural?

I actually keep two boxes of art supplies one for adult headspace, one for little space. The kids box is simpler and washable of course :)

I don't do complex works when regressing it doesn't feel right.

If you're unsure how to organize your works pick a system that works. Perhaps a file box one third for adult work, one third for kid work and one third for kid work made with expensive tools. Or multiple art portfolios. It's up to you.

But if it feels right to you then do it. Just keep the adult part of you active so you didn't break anything. Budget for art supplies if you're running low box the stuff up out of sight when you regress.

For me my artwork is more organic. I allow my art to take on his own life and meaning, it’s a kind of meditation along with little space that whatever happens on the canvas is what happens and that’s okay.

When I look back at what I have done in the past I am really surprised at what has been produced.

Same with regression the more you try to get into little space harder it is the more you just relax and allow yourself to be in that headspace the easier it becomes.

Hope that kind of makes sense is hard for me to butt into words it just is.

Hugs

While i heard a lot of babyfur artists who are also in ageplay themselves love to draw / paint while in little headspace and padded, I never found myself able to.
When padded I want to relax. For me, art in the realism style is very intense and taxing, it requires me to focus heavily, zone in and ignore everything around me.
I ten feel so engulfed in the work i tense up too much to the point the relaxing part of the padding or sleeper becomes a hinder and burden and I cannot focus anymore.

Examples what I mean with work that requires my full attention span:

Therefore I cannot do this longer than 1 - 2h before i feel exhausted, both mentally and physically.
Art school in weekends was very taxing therefore, 4 hours in the morning on a saturday and sunday, felt drained from drawing models.

Back