does your significant other...

RedPandaDL said:
I think this is very good progress then. I sense that you don’t push, but let her progress at her own pace. It is great that she is open to your desire to wear and seems to be getting more comfortable with it.

I think my wife will get there eventually as well, but it will probably take much longer. I am happy for you and it gives me some hope.

It's been a long journey working towards self-acceptance and acceptance from her. She is really trying though and I love her for it. Have you talked with a counselor together? That helped us a lot.

Reactions: RedPandaDL
At first, my girlfriend I think just tried to ignore me wearing a diaper. Came from a place of not understanding or just simply not into it, I don't know. We've had a few discussions over a span of a year about it and where the desires come from, and she "gets it" alot better now. When we're in public, she will constantly smack my padded butt or grab my diaper through my pants with a little devious smile on her face. Like I said earlier, I pretty much won the dating lottery with her.

TheMat said:
It's been a long journey working towards self-acceptance and acceptance from her. She is really trying though and I love her for it. Have you talked with a counselor together? That helped us a lot.
No, we haven’t. I am not sure she would want to discuss it with anyone else, even a professional. Given that I just told her a couple months ago, and it was a total shock to her, I am happy that she lets me wear and doesn’t give me a hard time. I will give her some time to get used to the idea. It hasn’t strained our relationship, so I don’t want to push it to fast. I will make sure I am making her happy and she will come around in do time. I think it just still seems really weird to her. Actually, it still seems really weird to me when I think about it. I am okay with being weird though. And I am in good company on ADISC!

Reactions: TheMat
akm44 said:
At first, my girlfriend I think just tried to ignore me wearing a diaper. Came from a place of not understanding or just simply not into it, I don't know. We've had a few discussions over a span of a year about it and where the desires come from, and she "gets it" alot better now. When we're in public, she will constantly smack my padded butt or grab my diaper through my pants with a little devious smile on her face. Like I said earlier, I pretty much won the dating lottery with her.
That sounds wonderful. Don’t let her get away!

When I told my wife, she was really confused. It took a few conversations over three days for her to even understand what I meant by liking to wear diapers. She honestly did not comprehend it. We are not the best at communicating about such topics and having three kids in the house makes it even more complicated. I am hopeful with time she will ‘get it’ as well. I sense she is getting more comfortable with it even though we haven’t talked about it. We love each other, so it will work out.

Reactions: akm44 and TheMat
landingxray said:
does your significant other diaper you every night? My gf and I have a routine everynight. After I get out of the shower and dry off, i lay on my side of the bed and she diapers me. Then she snaps the onesie on. And we usually just get on our phones for like 15 minutes and then go to sleep or talk a few minutes. Im curious if you guys do something similar?

REALLY!? You are laying there with the girl of your dreams, the one that just took care of a very personal and intimate need and you get on your phone?!

See this is why I do not even own F@#$ing phone. I don't get you guys, you are with a very special person and pulling out your phone just screams, "hey this thing, this person I'm texting with, this event, this whatever, is a hell of a lot more interesting than you are". I see it all the time, you walk down the street, you see a couple out on an obvious date, and what are they doing... looking at their phones. The person they are with is not important enough for all of the attention, the person they are texting with is though! A family is out at dinner, everybody has their technology out, other than the order there is minimal human interaction.

Ill tell you what happens in my little world... and it sure does not involve a cell phone. After my wife gets me diapered for bed, she comes and lays down with me, we are very close... face to face. She is a very beautiful woman, I could look at her all day. That aside, we just talk... we talk about where we are with all of this, and we will just look into each other eyes. I will stroke her face and tell her how lucky I am and how wonderful she is. She will play with me reach around and pat my bottom, or play with the edge of my diaper that is sticking up in the back. Sometimes, we will talk for an hour or even more, it is a very special time for us. I know how frigging lucky I am. Finally, I will grab the silky portion of my blanket and hold her hand and we will say a prayer. She always thanks God for me, both her little and her big me. I usually let her fall asleep first, while I just hold her hand and look at her. It is wonderful, I would not trade that special time for anything. I am a lucky man.

I sure as hell don't pull out a cell phone.

You guys need to wake up with these dumb ass phones. If you could step outside yourself and see what you look like constantly focused on these things. You ignore people that you are with, you walk down the street mindlessly walking into people, cutting people off stepping in front of traffic. Those dumb ass phones cause auto accidents and people are killed because that text is so fu$%ing important. You tie up traffic, because to be extra safe you put 5 car lengths between you and the car in front of you at a stop light, then you are oblivious to the stop light. So now it takes 2 or 3 stop lights to make it through the light. What I would give to take out a baseball bat to the morons that drive down the road texting.

They say the Iphone is invention of the century. I beg to differ. I believe on the whole more time is wasted than it saves. People do not know how to interact with others. Children have turned into total social morons. I can go on.

Sorry for the rant, but you don't get it. A human interaction, soft look, or touch is a 1000 times more significant than that phone. Put it down and show your girl she is your focus she is your everything. If you have not looked around lately they are very very few of us with interactive partners.... consider yourself lucky... or she just may be texting her new boyfriend who actually pays attention to her and doesn't need his diaper changed!

Reactions: Straycatz, chamberpot, landingxray and 1 other person
My gurl. Tell me After I get out of the shower straight to change table to diaper up and put on onesie. Bed😴

Last edited:
I haven't asked. Honestly I consider my need for diapers a private thing, and am still a little embarrassed changing in front of her

Reactions: daylight and RedPandaDL
littlemoosey said:
REALLY!? You are laying there with the girl of your dreams, the one that just took care of a very personal and intimate need and you get on your phone?!

See this is why I do not even own F@#$ing phone. I don't get you guys, you are with a very special person and pulling out your phone just screams, "hey this thing, this person I'm texting with, this event, this whatever, is a hell of a lot more interesting than you are". I see it all the time, you walk down the street, you see a couple out on an obvious date, and what are they doing... looking at their phones. The person they are with is not important enough for all of the attention, the person they are texting with is though! A family is out at dinner, everybody has their technology out, other than the order there is minimal human interaction.

Ill tell you what happens in my little world... and it sure does not involve a cell phone. After my wife gets me diapered for bed, she comes and lays down with me, we are very close... face to face. She is a very beautiful woman, I could look at her all day. That aside, we just talk... we talk about where we are with all of this, and we will just look into each other eyes. I will stroke her face and tell her how lucky I am and how wonderful she is. She will play with me reach around and pat my bottom, or play with the edge of my diaper that is sticking up in the back. Sometimes, we will talk for an hour or even more, it is a very special time for us. I know how frigging lucky I am. Finally, I will grab the silky portion of my blanket and hold her hand and we will say a prayer. She always thanks God for me, both her little and her big me. I usually let her fall asleep first, while I just hold her hand and look at her. It is wonderful, I would not trade that special time for anything. I am a lucky man.

You guys need to wake up with these dumb ass phones. If you could step outside yourself and see what you look like constantly focused on these things. You ignore people that you are with, you walk down the street mindlessly walking into people, cutting people off stepping in front of traffic. Those dumb ass phones cause auto accidents and people are killed because that text is so fu$%ing important. You tie up traffic, because to be extra safe you put 5 car lengths between you and the car in front of you at a stop light, then you are oblivious to the stop light. So now it takes 2 or 3 stop lights to make it through the light. What I would give to take out a baseball bat to the morons that drive down the road texting.

They say the Iphone is invention of the century. I beg to differ. I believe on the whole more time is wasted than it saves. People do not know how to interact with others. Children have turned into total social morons. I can go on.

Sorry for the rant, but you don't get it. A human interaction, soft look, or touch is a 1000 times more significant than that phone. Put it down and show your girl she is your focus she is your everything. If you have not looked around lately they are very very few of us with interactive partners.... consider yourself lucky... or she just may be texting her new boyfriend who actually pays attention to her and doesn't need his diaper changed!
Wow! I don’t disagree that people spend too much time on phones, but this is a bit harsh. 15 minutes is not that much time. Maybe they just check their email from the day and check Facebook to see what their family and friends are up to. Given that You don’t know the details, your rant seems excessive. He is also not AB, so maybe he doesn’t need to be cuddled. That may not be their thing. Although you don’t have a phone, you must be using a computer, which is really the same thing but a bigger screen. He did say they sometimes talk before going to sleep. And when he says going to sleep, that may include cuddling up together, but maybe he didn’t feel the need to share details. In summary, chill out a little!

Reactions: reval, landingxray and Trevor
RedPandaDL said:
Wow! I don’t disagree that people spend too much time on phones, but this is a bit harsh. 15 minutes is not that much time. Maybe they just check their email from the day and check Facebook to see what their family and friends are up to. Given that You don’t know the details, your rant seems excessive. He is also not AB, so maybe he doesn’t need to be cuddled. That may not be their thing. Although you don’t have a phone, you must be using a computer, which is really the same thing but a bigger screen. He did say they sometimes talk before going to sleep. And when he says going to sleep, that may include cuddling up together, but maybe he didn’t feel the need to share details. In summary, chill out a little!

Yup using a computer, no one is at home so I am not ignoring anybody right now. The computer is a little difficult to walk down the street with or carry in my car, or pull out of my pocket at dinner.

The "rant part" of the above post was mostly generic... a spot on cultural observation.

"15 minutes is not that much time. Maybe they just check their email from the day and check Facebook to see what their family and friends are up to."

You just made my point, you think that FACE BOOK and EMAIL rises to a level so critical that it needs to be "checked" that you dis the person you are with to look at it.

"We are not the best at communicating about such topics " perhaps that is because you are on your phone ;)

OK, so he gave me the "critical" phone detail and left everything else out. He is just a DL... but count up how many DL's on here get support, you seem to be working on that as well.

I will not win the "cell phone" argument with most, as they have become totally oblivous as to how obnoxious they are with their phones, especially those that are younger where this device has been ubiquitous since they were born.

My overall point stands, if you are getting any kind of support at all from your partner/SO, unless you area pediatric brain surgeon waiting on the "the call" nothing is that critical. Perhaps he did leave out some intimate details but sharing the "cell phone" part was important information? I'm glad I know that now. I will get a fake phone and use it in the future. I am sure my wife will appreciate it, perhaps I will get her one too ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: landingxray
Straycatz said:
My Wife is OK with it, but doesn't want to change me. She will cuddle or pat my diapered bum and so forth, but will not change one. I will take that for what it is, since she accepts this side of me and is OK with me wearing around her, I'm not going to get greedy.

This is exactly where I am. My wife has known now for about 8 years. She let me diaper her once.. Only once.. and she asked me to take it off her in the morning so she could go pee. She hassn't let me do it since. That was about 7 years ago now. She lets me wear when and where ever I want, she will occasionally pat me on the back and remind me that I shoudn't go to bed with a wet diaper but will not buy into the idea of changing me or even put on the initial dip. Mostly I feel she intentionally ignores the fact that I am obviously wearing and it hurts becase we truely have gone backwards in this respect. I use to get pats, mentions, checks, some mix of little/adult time

Now, not so much. We have talked about it and how it sucks and how much happier id be if it were "like before" , but no change yet

Reactions: landingxray
littlemoosey said:

Thanks for the advice!!! I got rid of my phone.

Reactions: littlemoosey
Mostly all tongue in cheek, XRAY, not really aimed at you but at the cell phone issue in general. No ill intent.

I just think that over the last several years, human relationships and interaction has been diminished... cheapened if you will by cell phones.

Treasure your partner.

littlemoosey said:
Mostly all tongue in cheek, XRAY, not really aimed at you but at the cell phone issue in general. No ill intent.

I just think that over the last several years, human relationships and interaction has been diminished... cheapened if you will by cell phones.
I think most of us probably agree with you in general, but jumping into a thread with this was not the best way to start the discussion. It was like you were just waiting for someone to mention cell phones so you could pounce. It would be a good subject for the off topic forum. Your approach didn’t seem to align with the idea of being supportive. The site seems to thrive by not being judgmental of others.

I am glad you and your wife spend quality time together and are comfortable with talking about the subject. Most of us would love to have what you have.

However it felt like you were attacking others like a lion on the hunt. I bet little moosey wouldn’t want to be attacked by a lion. Anyway, you make some good points, but maybe not the best approach. It made me feel bad for landingxray, and I know you didn’t mean it as a personal attack.

Reactions: reval and landingxray
No. I’m incontinent and so ashamed of it that i don’t have the courage to date. Health issues have meant that this whole side of me shut down three years ago, and I needed CBT to get it just partly open it up again.

I just wish that I had more confidence in myself but a damaged bladder, a wheelchair and a body that can give up on you without warning doesn’t make it easy.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

RedPandaDL said:
I think most of us probably agree with you in general, but jumping into a thread with this was not the best way to start the discussion. It was like you were just waiting for someone to mention cell phones so you could pounce. It would be a good subject for the off topic forum. Your approach didn’t seem to align with the idea of being supportive. The site seems to thrive by not being judgmental of others.

I am glad you and your wife spend quality time together and are comfortable with talking about the subject. Most of us would love to have what you have.

However it felt like you were attacking others like a lion on the hunt. I bet little moosey wouldn’t want to be attacked by a lion. Anyway, you make some good points, but maybe not the best approach. It made me feel bad for landingxray, and I know you didn’t mean it as a personal attack.

2 things came together which I am passionate about. That is how we treat our wives/GF'S,/SO and just other people for that matter now that technology has taken over our lives. And all of those things I said about cell phones. It is like freezing water hit a white hot skillet.

Again, no harm intended, and I got your point as well.

Sometimes when she thinks that I will need them. I am then usually unconcious. Several times I diapered her. She was so tired after work that she was sleeping in seconds after shower. Once she had several drinks more then usual. Same with me

Back