Do your parents still help paying some of your supplies even though you've moved out.

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
When I left their house and went to college I still got help paying for IC supplies. But when I finished college and started working I never wanted them to cover my supplies. And they never had to. Even though they offered. I was self-independent and I told them I was fine. I had enough of money (even though my dad helped buying my first condo). I know there are adisc members who have parents that helped when they are at home. But I wonder if you still get help even though you now live in your own place. Do they still help? I know when I lived at home it was understanding. Even when I was still in college. But when I moved out they still offered. I told them I was fine even though it was tight. Parents do this thing. They can't help it. They love us especially when we are IC.

My mother bought my diapers from birth through college. After college, I bought my diapers until I got married and now my wife will get them if I’m busy.

Mom still occasionally buys me some but mostly they stopped when I got my first full time job. They bought them through college and the short time after when I was living back at home.
But ya, just like you OP, they offered and I told them I could take over

When I was a kid and teen my parents dealt with my bedwetting by making me wake up to wet sheets and needing to do laundry. I never had diapers or goodnites growing up. Now as an adult my parents are both deceased when my issues returned as an adult along with daytime issues now. I do at times wonder how much my DL side of things has to do with desiring diapers for by bedwetting as a kid and never getting them, and it compounded from there.

Back