Do you wear an obvious diaper in public?

Edgewater said:
Add to it, I am color blind and I get checked before I even get to the door!

Color coordinated and fashionable, plus sized to vast limit any indications of wearing a diaper!
I’m colour blind too :) I pretty much live in black pants so I can always wear almost any top without much problem

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
HalMidLife said:
I’m colour blind too :) I pretty much live in black pants so I can always wear almost any top without much problem
It seems to be a big club (me too). It's a good thing that I didn't go into being a bomb disposal expert ("which one is the green wire?")

• Haha
Reactions: boredofwheelchair, Edgewater, Diprs2 and 2 others
slimjiminy said:
It seems to be a big club (me too). It's a good thing that I didn't go into being a bomb disposal expert ("which one is the green wire?")
My wife is colorblind. She is so sure of herself sometime…. I’m like “that’s green babe” and she is so confident it’s gray…..
Maybe I should just agree with her next time 😅

• Haha
Reactions: boredofwheelchair, Edgewater, Diprs2 and 1 other person
LePew said:
My wife is colorblind. She is so sure of herself sometime…. I’m like “that’s green babe” and she is so confident it’s gray…..
Maybe I should just agree with her next time 😅
As I understand it, it is less common for females to be colour blind. Maybe too much direct viewing of the solar eclipse :p

• Haha
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
slimjiminy said:
As I understand it, it is less common for females to be colour blind. Maybe too much direct viewing of the solar eclipse :p
Interesting…. She’s a trans female.
I’ll tell her to stop staring at the sun 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: fredy552, Edgewater and Diprs2
I wear a god thick diaper and plastics when I a m out. It is fairly obvious especially when wet if anyone chooses to look but most people don’t. Only noticed looks from people when I have been sitting with people and then stand up. Guess my fat bum is at face height for them.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: maxgood, fredy552, Edgewater and 2 others
I wear a diaper 24/7 and I am not worried about whether people can tell if im wearing a diaper or not. Although, because I am a girl, a lot of my outfits like dresses and skirts also hide the fact that I am in fact wearing a diaper.

• Love
Reactions: TenaciousDL, fredy552, Ortler and 5 others
Having worn pretty much any thickness of diaper. Aside from friends that already knew or my wife, nobody has ever said anything. I have only had one notable oddball incident at work where I heard someone make a joke around the corner and I nipped the joke in the butt by confronting the issue with a firm professional private response along the lines "If it is that funny we could continue the conversation with HR or be adults." Nothing was ever said after that and I still work for the same place 3 years later.

Using correct size diaper and changing regularly and tucking my undershirt I never had much of any issues with the public as I still firmly believe 99% are way to occupied with their lives to question my underpants and I am past the point of being too concerned as I don't make it obvious. That being said I still will stand up for myself as I am not doing anything wrong.

Wear with confidence :)

• Love
Reactions: fredy552, Ortler, Edgewater and 4 others
I wear because that's less noticeable than a wet patch. I have found it more embarrassing for others to ask me if I'm wearing a diaper. Little kids on the oter hand, they will readily make notice of that- I guess they are looking for kindred spirits.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: fredy552, Canadianfalls, Edgewater and 3 others
Being IC it's usual to choose your protection as thick as needed and as thin as possible - according to the situation. Means at night, when discreetness is not a need at all but absorption counts, I wear a relatively noticeable Seni Quatro under my sleeping pants.During the day, usually a Tena Slip Maxi or, if I'm out actively walking/hiking or bicycling, or I need something absolutely discreet and invisible, a Tena Flex Plus. Anyway, wearing no skin tight jeans but a little more loose, nobody else will notice. If I'm unsure, I just ask my wife, she will tell me honestly!

On the other hand, I prefer being more on the "safe side" instead of wearing too thin (or too long) and leaking...

• Love
Reactions: fredy552, Canadianfalls, Edgewater and 5 others
I wear Dailee slip maxi nappies during the day which can get noticeable in the rear when saturated or occasionally soiled as happens to me, even with the usual precautions of plastic pants, onesie and dark coloured larger sized pants made of sturdy material like chinos. I can usually tell when it’s reaching that point and try to change before it’s obvious, but sometimes it just isn’t possible.

Reactions: fredy552, Edgewater, Diprs2 and 1 other person
yes. mine is pretty obvious

• Sad
Reactions: Davvyboy, Wetshisbed, Andy86 and 3 others
hbic60 said:
Being IC it's usual to choose your protection as thick as needed and as thin as possible - according to the situation. Means at night, when discreetness is not a need at all but absorption counts, I wear a relatively noticeable Seni Quatro under my sleeping pants.During the day, usually a Tena Slip Maxi or, if I'm out actively walking/hiking or bicycling, or I need something absolutely discreet and invisible, a Tena Flex Plus. Anyway, wearing no skin tight jeans but a little more loose, nobody else will notice. If I'm unsure, I just ask my wife, she will tell me honestly!

On the other hand, I prefer being more on the "safe side" instead of wearing too thin (or too long) and leaking...
Yes, the Tena Slip Maxi is an excellent choice. It’s incredibly thin and makes almost no noise for being a plastic backed diaper, but works extremely well too. A great product.

Reactions: TenaciousDL, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
hbic60 said:

I completely agree with this! I love the way you phrased it, too.

Though its funny because it illustrates the differences in what we (IC's in general, not just me and you) consider to be noticeable/obvious! I love Seni Quattros, they're fantastic, but I consider them to be super discreet! At least for a good, high quality diaper! Obviously they're no Megamax or something like that, but for the reliability you get, I think they're close to invisible!

As an aside, I have been really "enjoying" the Megamax Airlock Lites. Same discreetness, quality, and cloth backing as the Quattros, but less tendency to stretch and have tab failures compared to the Quattros.

But to answer the general question, I wonder if "obvious" is a matter of comfort and experience in diapers. Because when I was first wearing diapers, I thought even the crappy, paper thin CVS/Walgreens diapers were SUPER obvious. Now, I know I think I am comfortably discreet in a Megamax, as long as I take some proper precautions and don't wear in situations those precautions are impossible.

I'll never be intentionally obvious, like wearing a full Megamax out in tight basketball shorts, but I'm also not nearly as worried about my shirt riding up or a slight bulge anymore. I do my best to avoid it, but I don't go crazy worrying about it, either.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
I wear various diapers for various activities. been wearing for years and for sure there have been many times a thicker extended wear diaper has been needed even with a booster inside. i comfort is a must especially in the during the summer with shorts. i am sure over the years my being in diaper is noticeable to some people, however i have never encountered any negativity from people. i don't hide the fact that i am in diapers and all who are close to me all know. i don't worry about it just go about my day. life has been pretty good going through it in a diaper.

Reactions: Diprs2, Ortler, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
greatlake5 said:
I would consider your diaper as "easily preceived or understood, clear, self-evident or apparent." And of course I'm talking about wearing out in public.
I wouldn't ever wear an "obvious" diaper out of the house. I'm a teacher (and a guidance counselor). Working in our school, I've never had my students comment. I wear my usual Abena (plastic back) diaper and often use a really good booster (Tranquility topline contour). Of course, especially when wet, they might be more "apparent." My clothing hides my diaper. I've been IC since I was a very young kid. And I'm comfortable about wearing one.
It's important to be confident wearing a diaper. Of course I might get a little concerned if my diaper was getting soaked. But when I'm working, I always use compression shorts so nothing really shows.

Reactions: Pino, Diprs2, Dinotopian2002 and 5 others
Most of the time I try to be discrete, but there are times I don't care we just drove from SW Florida to our house in NY for the summer, comfort and no leaks takes priority over caring is someone notices.... I wore a M4 with a booster with a pair of track pants over and I definitely looked padded...

I'm anxious to avoid attracting attention to the fact that I'm diapered while out in public.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, LePew and 1 other person
This is how I look in jeans. It is discreet but probably obvious if anyone sees and recognises what it is?

Attachments

• IMG_4375.jpeg
    IMG_4375.jpeg
    314.5 KB · Views: 47
BabyLouise said:
This is how I look in jeans. It is discreet but probably obvious if anyone sees and recognises what it is?
Dry…. Won’t be looking like that when wet.
But an untucked button-up shirt can cover it easily.

Back