Do You Think Age Regression Would Still Happen if we Didn't Know About it? Let me Explain...

ABDElsa

TheFrozenABDL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
For as long as I can remember I have loved Diapers! The look, the feel, the scent everything! I loved looking at them at the store in the Baby aisle, and everytime I'd witness a Diaper change I'd wish that I could wear Diapers again too! But for the longest time that's about as far as it went. I was more a DL than an AB. I never really had the desire to be be a Baby and be cared for again, just wanted to wear Diapers! However, that has changed in the last 5+ years.

When I finally got my own re-loadable Debit Card I started ordering from eBay on my own. That's when I realized I could probably order Diapers discreetly and have them shipped here. So, when I searched "Adult Diapers" on eBay I started seeing many many thick plastic Adult Sized Diapers with Baby Prints on them! I had always wanted to wear Diapers like the ones Babies wore with prints, but at the time I could only get my hands on medical/colored ones.

That's when I bought my very first ABDL Diaper Sample the Bambino Classico!!! After that I was always ordering sample packs to try as many ABDL Diapers as possible! Of course with discovering ABDL Diapers also comes discovering ABDL and other ABDL products! I started learning about Adults who like to regress into the state of a Baby or Adult Babies if you will. I also found they made Adult Pacifiers and Adult Onesies. Suddenly my eyes were opened to this wonderful world that I desperately desired to be a part of!

The next thing I bought after a few years was a set of 2 Winnie the Pooh Baby Pacifiers (I lied and said they were for my son) they were a bit too small for my big mouth LOL but I made do. Then I finally bought a Baby Blue Adult Sized Pacifier with Elsa on it! And just a couple years ago when both my Mom and Sister moved out and it was just me and my Dad I had a lot more alone time on my hands when he was at work. Which also meant the washer and dryer were free so, I could finally start buying ABDL clothing and be able to still secretly wash it!

So, when the pandemic hit and I was getting Stimulus and Unemployment I bought my first Elsa Onesie that I had custom made on etsy. I absolutely loved it! Since then I've acquired 3 more outfits (a pink frilly Frozen Sissy Onesie, a Winnie the Pooh Onesie, and Winnie the Pooh Snap Close Pajamas for winter), 2 Frozen Cloth Diapers, a Frozen Adult Baby Bottle, a Frozen Bib and Pacifier Clip, as well as a new Winnie the Pooh Pacifier, and Clip. So, I've amassed a little ABDL collection. My ultimate goal is to have my own Nursery and a Mommy to change me and care for me.

I've come so far but I often wonder...would all of this have happened if I never discovered the ABDL world? Would I have always just stayed a Diaper Lover? Or did discovering ABDL just awaken something that waa always there deep down, and regression desires would've still occured naturally? So, ADIAC Community my question to you is this...do you think age regression desires happen naturally, or because we discover it online and decide we wanna try it? Let me know in the comments, and as always...stay Diapered🧷 and Goo-Goo-Ga-ing!👶 :)

Reactions: abdl86 and Kittyinpink
I suspect the answer will differ between people. For me, I age regress and that was happening long before I had the words to explain it. There have just always been times when life was way too much or my trust issues and trauma were causing me issues and in those times, retreating to a younger state helped.

So, for me personally finding out more about it online helped in that I realised it wasn't just me, I understood more about what was going on for me and I realised I could slowly start buying things that part of me wanted but it was already present in my life and would be regardless.

In many ways I think I have come at this from a different direction to you. I was little/AB and now I'm getting to finally explore whether and how DL fits in my life thanks to the joys of the internet.

• Love
Reactions: Safari and ABDElsa
The "what came first, the chicken or the egg" point of view. I think the relationship is complex and recursively influences each perspective. My view: 1) I believe that in some cases diapers are "hard wired and factory installed" for some of us; 2) One trial learning- there was a salient diaper experience that was so emotionally and physically satisfying that it set the stage for the development of ABDL; 3) The ABDL literature, websites, stores, and internet resources further reinforces the affiliation for ABDL practices.

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa
Yes and no. I do think it would happen on its own. The compulsion to do these things is in my brain.
My diapers and adult baby clothes and the relationship I have with my wife/mommy, are things I had wanted long before the internet was in people homes.
However, I think the internet has made it easier for me. Its allowed me to feel pretty normal because there are so many strangers just like me and opened many doors with consumer goods made for us and by us.
The fire was already burning, but the internet threw gas on the fire.
Its not all the way good though. The bad side I see is when people who have mental illness group together and validate and influence each other. People who could have kept their lives together end up as a big disaster, and eventually die alone because of ill people affirming each other. Sad, but Ive seen it happen time and again over the years.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Safari, ABDElsa and Kittyinpink
I remember buying my first pacifier in 1988 before the internet ever assisted. I knew I was attracted to playing baby, but I didn't know why or there were people like me who loved the same thing. So yeah, for me, it still would have happened

• Love
I think at some point these days the internet is always going to be involved as it is so accessible. I started very young with my parents knowing quite quickly as well ...I don't think they consulted any medical professionals, but if many a version of a tied-to-nappies lifestyle (no pun intended) appears in a subject's childhood I'm going to say it'll normally not raise much concern especially if the subject is remaining toilet-trained, of course it's not a childhood phase if it continues into the pre-teen years (after turning double figures).
-
BW

• Thinking
It's a good and complex question. For me , like you I was pure DL. Unlike you I was growing up in a world without mobile phone or internet. I progressed to AB. As a result of my DL. Fantasies and also an incredible coping mechanism.. I have been 'into' nappies my whole life and I have never developed any serious sexual orientation for women or men.. so I can't actually honestly say why .. but I can honestly say that I had zero influence from any type of media and literally I had zero access to any type of computer/internet . But I still developed my AB. Side as I matured..

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa and Saltedcaramel64
very nice post you made SecretlyABDL94 and what a good story and very informative about your thoughts.

• Love
Saltedcaramel64 said:
Yes and no. I do think it would happen on its own. The compulsion to do these things is in my brain.
My diapers and adult baby clothes and the relationship I have with my wife/mommy, are things I had wanted long before the internet was in people homes.
However, I think the internet has made it easier for me. Its allowed me to feel pretty normal because there are so many strangers just like me and opened many doors with consumer goods made for us and by us.
The fire was already burning, but the internet threw gas on the fire.
Its not all the way good though. The bad side I see is when people who have mental illness group together and validate and influence each other. People who could have kept their lives together end up as a big disaster, and eventually die alone because of ill people affirming each other. Sad, but Ive seen it happen time and again over the years.
Very true. What you wrote on the end of your post.. I also have seen group madness a few times.. I wonder though is it always as simple as 'mental illness' ? Are we all using the term , simply to hide away from the truth that human beings together can be simply nasty..?

• Thinking
Kittyinpink said:
Very true. What you wrote on the end of your post.. I also have seen group madness a few times.. I wonder though is it always as simple as 'mental illness' ? Are we all using the term , simply to hide away from the truth that human beings together can be simply nasty..?
Maybe mental illness is too simple or too broad a term to use. Like a sledge hammer for a nail.
I don't think every ABDL has a mental illness, I dont think ABDL is a mental illness, but many people who are ABDL self report many symptoms of mental illness. In the form of depression, anxiety, agoraphobia and misanthropy to name a few.
I dont think Im above it either, as Ive had plenty of sessions with mental health professionals over the years. Group mentality and nastiness seem to go hand in hand. Especially for people who are emotionally unstable.
I really like the idea of emotional hygiene. Emotional hygiene is:
"Being mindful of our psychological health and adopting brief daily habits to monitor and address psychological wounds when we sustain them."

• Thinking
Reactions: Lightstreak2553, Kittyinpink and ABDElsa
Kittyinpink said:
It's a good and complex question. For me , like you I was pure DL. Unlike you I was growing up in a world without mobile phone or internet. I progressed to AB. As a result of my DL. Fantasies and also an incredible coping mechanism.. I have been 'into' nappies my whole life and I have never developed any serious sexual orientation for women or men.. so I can't actually honestly say why .. but I can honestly say that I had zero influence from any type of media and literally I had zero access to any type of computer/internet . But I still developed my AB. Side as I matured..
Yeah I haven't developed any serious sexual orientation for women or men either. I'm asexual.

abdl86 said:
very nice post you made SecretlyABDL94 and what a good story and very informative about your thoughts.
Well thank you I appreciate that.

Saltedcaramel64 said:
Maybe mental illness is too simple or too broad a term to use. Like a sledge hammer for a nail.
I don't think every ABDL has a mental illness, I dont think ABDL is a mental illness, but many people who are ABDL self report many symptoms of mental illness. In the form of depression, anxiety, agoraphobia and misanthropy to name a few.
I dont think Im above it either, as Ive had plenty of sessions with mental health professionals over the years. Group mentality and nastiness seem to go hand in hand. Especially for people who are emotionally unstable.
I really like the idea of emotional hygiene. Emotional hygiene is:
"Being mindful of our psychological health and adopting brief daily habits to monitor and address psychological wounds when we sustain them."
Thank you very much for your post! You have given me so much to think about! (I love my brain being stimulated by different and clever ideas ! Thanks 😊.)

Reactions: Saltedcaramel64
I began practicing age regression without ever knowing what it was, though I'll admit it was to cope with my own mental illness. When I started developing severe depression and anxiety around age 15-16, I almost naturally began reclaiming things from my less traumatic childhood, ranging from embracing my stuffed animals again to sucking my thumb to eventually going to the bathroom in my pants, all of which were my own ideas and compulsions without outside influence or suggestion. It wasn't until I looked it up on the internet that I discovered AB/DL and age regression.

The internet allowed me to take it further into buying AB/DL gear and going to AB/DL conventions and whatnot, but had I never discovered the scene, I'm almost certain that I still would've taken myself down a path of wearing diapers and drinking from sippies, I'd just have to rely on store brand items instead.

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa and Kittyinpink
PurplePup89 said:
I began practicing age regression without ever knowing what it was, though I'll admit it was to cope with my own mental illness. When I started developing severe depression and anxiety around age 15-16, I almost naturally began reclaiming things from my less traumatic childhood, ranging from embracing my stuffed animals again to sucking my thumb to eventually going to the bathroom in my pants, all of which were my own ideas and compulsions without outside influence or suggestion. It wasn't until I looked it up on the internet that I discovered AB/DL and age regression.

The internet allowed me to take it further into buying AB/DL gear and going to AB/DL conventions and whatnot, but had I never discovered the scene, I'm almost certain that I still would've taken myself down a path of wearing diapers and drinking from sippies, I'd just have to rely on store brand items instead.

However, I pose a new question: would our age regression have persisted if we *didn't* know about it?

The ABDL/agere scene has really allowed us to fully maximize our regression: we have communities to socialize in and specialized clothing, toys and diapers to wear. If we didn't know there were others like us out there, let alone an entire subculture and industry, would we have still been practicing age regression, either at all or to the same extent?

The more I think about it, a big part of why I've been AB/DL for so long - even after I overcame the trauma which led me to age regression in the first place - is because I play a role in the scene: I have AB/DL friends, I'm on AB/DL websites and I have a closet full of AB/DL gear. I feel like if it were only me, a stuffed animal and a pack of Depends for eternity, I could have possibly grown out of it after a while.

• Thinking
Reactions: ABDElsa and Kittyinpink
PurplePup89 said:
However, I pose a new question: would our age regression have persisted if we *didn't* know about it?

The ABDL/agere scene has really allowed us to fully maximize our regression: we have communities to socialize in and specialized clothing, toys and diapers to wear. If we didn't know there were others like us out there, let alone an entire subculture and industry, would we have still been practicing age regression, either at all or to the same extent?

The more I think about it, a big part of why I've been AB/DL for so long - even after I overcame the trauma which led me to age regression in the first place - is because I play a role in the scene: I have AB/DL friends, I'm on AB/DL websites and I have a closet full of AB/DL gear. I feel like if it were only me, a stuffed animal and a pack of Depends for eternity, I could have possibly grown out of it after a while.
I get what you are thinking. But I have been so hooked up with first admittedly a DL desire since I was incredibly young (I can't remember my exact age , I remember I used to count my age on my fingers I think I was as young as three years when I became VERY interested in diapers) but I could never grow out of such a powerful and later actually life positive desire as ABDL . I would have continued in secret , making my own diapers as I have most of my life . I only found ABDL stuff relatively recently (and I love it!) I would simply have evolved a slightly different take on it , probably making baby Pampers nappies into adult size and happily ruining my teeth on mam pacifiers! And definitely playing with toys.. I simply cannot take this side of me away.. what started as a bad and abusive beginning has now become my salvation...

• Love
Kittyinpink said:
I get what you are thinking. But I have been so hooked up with first admittedly a DL desire since I was incredibly young (I can't remember my exact age , I remember I used to count my age on my fingers I think I was as young as three years when I became VERY interested in diapers) but I could never grow out of such a powerful and later actually life positive desire as ABDL . I would have continued in secret , making my own diapers as I have most of my life . I only found ABDL stuff relatively recently (and I love it!) I would simply have evolved a slightly different take on it , probably making baby Pampers nappies into adult size and happily ruining my teeth on mam pacifiers! And definitely playing with toys.. I simply cannot take this side of me away.. what started as a bad and abusive beginning has now become my salvation...
I have a lot in common with what you wrote here. With the desires from very early on, formed from abuse and even making homemade diapers and sucking my thumb. As a child I would do these things thinking I was the only person in the world who is doing this.
Ive read about abdl happening in remote villages in Asia. Where a man lived most of his adult life as an infant with his sister. They had absolutely no internet, there would have been no way for that man to know he wasnt alone. He eventually died of a stroke at the relatively old age of around 60 (old for his region).
I absolutely think that compulsions to infant behavior and paraphernalia is a coping technique. We are not always in control of what our brains strategize.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Kittyinpink and ABDElsa
PurplePup89 said:

That's a great question and point too!

I think it is likely to differ depending on the person.

For me, the only time I didn't want to be a baby is when I was a baby. I was a preschool baby, a preteen baby and a teen baby and I'm now an adult baby. I did not have internet access until well into my teens, so there can't have been any influence there. And for my feelings to be so persistent for so long, it's either innate or something happened very early on to trigger it. I have some ideas on what that trigger might have been, but of course can't be certain.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 43998 and ABDElsa
Back