Do you put nappy on whilst standing or sitting?

Standing yields the best fitment for me and is the quickest. 👍

My favorite thing about being in a diaper is how calm and content it makes me feel in general.🤗😇
Feeling-wise I honestly love the whole process! Letting the wetting start on its own, feeling the lovely warmth wash over, and then feeling the gentle increasing hug of the diaper swelling as it takes in your output. And then ultimately feeling that tell tale diaper bulge slowly swelling between my legs. 🥰

Reactions: Lyokodl and LittleScotty
Almost always while leaning against a wall.

I started wearing because I still wet the bed, but I like the hug it gives me and if I need to go potty before bed I can use my diaper. If you can't live without it you have to learn to live with it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyokodl
If I’m going out and about, I’ll put my diaper on/change standing, leaning against a wall. If I’m going to bed, I’ll put my diaper on laying down. I find the performance different of putting it on, and how I’m going to use it, ie, walking vs. laying down.

Laying down and then adjust the tapes after I stand up.

I've always put mine on whilst lying down and like @RedPandaDL I'll adjust the tapes when I'm stood up.
I'll always take off a wet nappy when standing though, usually letting it drop to the floor then rolling it up. Clean myself up with some wipes before lying back on the bed to put on a fresh one.

Reactions: RedPandaDL
Always standing unless my wife is changing me :)

• Love
Reactions: Lyokodl and LittleScotty
I always put one on standing. For me that seems to provide the best fit in terms of how tight everything is, etc. I've tried sitting/laying down and it just doesn't work well for me for some reason.

when I change my diaper or put a diaper on I just do it laying down and then adjust the tapes standing up.

For a short period from about 2012 through late 2013, I generally did it while standing. These days, I virtually always do supine changes (lying on my back), using the appropriate toilet facilities. The reason is that I have fairly complete FI and would rather not risk soiling my clothes.

I quickly did find out in the beginning in my adult diaper wearing journey, that it was way easier to put on or change a diaper while standing up. I’ve tried to learn how to do that while lying in my bed, but I never get an equally good fit.

It's not really practical to have my cloth prefolds changed standing up. Tough to pin them on standing up. I need a table, bed, couch, backseat or the like for my diaper change.

Used to do it lying in bed but now I always do it standing.

I prefer laying down, but most of the time that isn't an option, so I have to do it standing. I've tried changing in the driver's seat of a car a few times, but that's always a big pain in the a**, and never results in a good fit.

I like putting them on laying down. It reminds me of being changed as a child. Standing up to me seems more awkward, you have to prop your butt against the wall to fasten the diaper on and make it fit right.

I can do lying down and standing up....not while sitting though.

Standing up I get the best fit with either disposable or cloth

Standing up, usually leaning against a wall. I get cramps in my abdomen from trying to look at what I am doing if I try to lay down and do it.

I have never needed to change my diaper when away from my home so I never needed to do the stand-up change.

At home I always lie down to change my diapers.

Lying down

Ronan94 said:
Sorry I am quite new to ADISC so not sure how many discussions on this there have been already, but I'd like to ask, do you put your nappy on while sitting down or standing up?

I used to do it whilst sitting down and leaning back but I watched a video where they put it on standing which also worked quite well. I do always seem to get a loose area along the top/front though, is that normal and fine as long as the sides are tightly taped?

Also last question, what's your favourite thing about being in a nappy? For me it's the super warm feeling after wetting it and feeling that comforting warmth all around you 😊😇
Lying down is the only successful method I have found, I always end up messing up the tapes and the tightness when standing up.

Optimally I would have someone else diaper me up, but alas that is not the case, but maybe one day.

Back