Do you have happy memories of Depends?

Freddie07601

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
In a video she made before her recent surgery, Riley Kilo mentioned that she was wearing a Depends with tapes. I'm not recalling exactly what Riley said, but it was something like "there are far better diapers, but sometimes I just want to wear a Depends.".

I feel the same way. I'm incontinent and have been for many years. MegaMax are now my usual diaper, and I feel more confident wearing them than I have with ANY diaper EVER. But sometimes, because of happy memories, I guess, I just want to wear a Depends. I'm wearing one now. I would not wear a Depends out of the house, but here at home it's comfy to put one on every now and then. Wetting a Depends, or even just hearing the incredible crinkling noise that I'm sure everyone noticed, makes me smile.

Does anyone else have similar feelings about Depends?

Reactions: Deleted member 59082
Kimberly Clark makes decent infant Toddler and youth products but they make lousy adult products

Reactions: oldskool and BobbiSueEllen
Yes, I used to buy there underwear for men instead of drynites when I was about 13 or 14.
At that time they where huge white pants with a blue printed waistband, not the tiny discreet pants they do now.
They fit me how a pullup would fit a toddler and I absolutely loved that, there performance was mediocre at best but that's not really what I wanted them for

Reactions: Freddie07601
There's a somewhat of a nostalgia feel I have for Depends briefs. That feeling goes back to the days when only Attends and Depends were the only tape on adult diaper available at the stores and pharmacies. Yeah I had my fun in Depends then but have no desire to try them again. It's probably been at least 10+ years since I had Depends briefs, and probably 5+ years since I last used the Flex Fit underwear. I still have some Flex Fit underwear in my stash.

Reactions: Deleted member 59082 and Freddie07601
Freddie07601 said:
In a video she made before her recent surgery, Riley Kilo mentioned that she was wearing a Depends with tapes. I'm not recalling exactly what Riley said, but it was something like "there are far better diapers, but sometimes I just want to wear a Depends.".

I feel the same way. I'm incontinent and have been for many years. MegaMax are now my usual diaper, and I feel more confident wearing them than I have with ANY diaper EVER. But sometimes, because of happy memories, I guess, I just want to wear a Depends. I'm wearing one now. I would not wear a Depends out of the house, but here at home it's comfy to put one on every now and then. Wetting a Depends, or even just hearing the incredible crinkling noise that I'm sure everyone noticed, makes me smile.

Does anyone else have similar feelings about Depends?
What surgery did she have, is she ok?

Riley had an orchiectomy and she has recorded videos saying she's fine and very happy she has had the surgery. I have great respect for Riley Kilo.

I do...the original Depends and Attends were all that I recall being available back in 1987 when my OAB and urge incontinence returned worse than ever, and I first tried adult diapers to help manage the wetting. Lots of cellulose padding but no SAP. They would often start to leak after one wetting, the "press out" was awful, and plastic pants were mandatory...DuraMed, Salk SaniPant, Mark Clark I-Pants and ProGarm. No internet so all purchases had to be made through drug stores or medical supply stores. The Depends used to be light green with three tapes up each side. It was all pretty primitive by today's standards, but best I had ever experienced up to that point. Yes...fond memories.

Reactions: Freddie07601
Back