DL: Lifestyle & Kink Categories

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My reason for posting this thread is to discuss whether or not 'Diaper Lover' and ADISC could use an update in structure and sub-categorizing. This is an effort to better distinguish DL-Fetish and DL-Lifestyle, discussion, and content.

Let me start off by saying that ADISC is a great resource on the internet. ADISC appears in Google searches for common ABDL / Diaper / IC related queries. Google likes ADISC and a lot of people throughout the world benefit from the threads here. I respect the founder(s), admins, and members who have been here since 2010 and have to endure newbies like me.

Why split? ADISC is is viewed by outsiders and newcomers as a mature and respectable site, many people come here to avoid the extreme R rated stuff found on other sites.

We have seen parents and spouses come here, create an account, and post a thread seeking advice and support regarding their child or partner.

Splitting DL into two categories would offer a safer way to discuss sensitive topics, is it really a good idea for us to have a thread about 'children and parenting as an ABDL' right next to a thread about 'masturbating into a diaper'?

Etc...

ADISC has an opportunity to help define ABDL which is done by discussions and agreement by US, the community. ABDL is a growing trend both market wise and member wise, it's growing.

DL - Lifestyle

You have curious parents, people with incontinence, and people who enjoy wearing diapers who come for the non kink related material.

• Diaper reviews
  • Questions about rashes
  • How full do you like your diaper
  • Why do you like wearing diapers
  • Which diaper is best suitable for my situation
  • How do I open up to my friends/family
  • Do diaper pails work for adult diapers
  • How can I dress and not make it obvious that I am in a diaper
  • Someone found out I wear diapers
  • I keep leaking what do I do
  • What is the best capacity diaper
  • I can't pee while driving, help!
  • How long can I go before I need a change
  • How do I make my own diaper at home

DL - Kink

You have visitors and members who come for the Kink R rated material and content....

• What is the best suppository method or food I can insert to simulate messing
  • How do I wear a buttplug while diapered
  • Can I cut a hole in my diaper for penetration
  • Does anyone else like to lick their wet diaper
  • Can you wear diapers you've found in the garbage
  • Fun ways to masturbate in your diaper
  • Microwaving your diaper
  • Sharing used diapers
  • Messing yourself in public for fun
  • Messing yourself and playing with it

I hope I am not ruffling any feathers and I hope I do not get any backlash for this idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedPandaDL
First let me say that I have no strong feeling for or against your proposal.

The one thought I have is policing this. Currently, people often use these words (lifestyle/kink) incorrectly and my gut tells me that we are going to have a lot of posts that will be in the wrong forum. I'm wondering whether splitting the forum would be worth this trouble.

Reactions: RedPandaDL
I agree with the concept. However some of our members already struggle with putting threads in the correct forum. I agree with BabyDenise’s comments. Other than that, I like the idea.

I also wouldn’t mind if “poop” discussions had their own forum.🙄 I know I should just ignore them.

Reactions: Lyokodl, TheWaddlingDad, littlemoosey and 1 other person
If it works, which mods could move R rated stuff posted in T rated area // vice versa away, yeah I'd be into that. Though I do feel like the R rated stuff is more likely to make it in the Lifestyle category than the other way around.

What's really getting me is that I enjoy stuff in the "lifestyle" category and not the "kink" one, but this is definitely a kink for me. Just happens to be a soothing and comforting one.

Last edited:
RedPandaDL said:
I agree with the concept. However some of our members already struggle with putting threads in the correct forum. I agree with BabyDenise’s comments. Other than that, I like the idea.

I also wouldn’t mind if “poop” discussions had their own forum.🙄 I know I should just ignore them.
I totally agree with you and believe poop should have its own thread.

Reactions: littlemoosey
It's hard to separate complex fields of interest into neat compartments, but I agree that the lifestyle / kink distinction is one of the more useful boundaries along which to separate things for the benefit of newcomers and curious researchers. In reality though, that distinction is not very clearcut; there will be many borderline cases and disagreement about where the boundary should lie, resulting in a ton of extra work for mods.

Using the 'separate poop area' as an example, a thread started about marshmallows could easily be placed in there, but what happens when a thread about diaper performance drifts from fit and absorbency towards leakguards and how well they contain messes? If you then move the whole thread into the pooping section because it talks about poop, readers who don't look in there will miss all the discussion about absorbency. If you split the thread, there's no one place containing a comprehensive overview of two related aspects of diaper performance. If you do nothing, poop discussion remains in the non-poop area.

There is something to be said for assuming an intelligent readership who will sort and classify as they browse, rather than trying to protect them from their own sensitivities, but some of the material can be so badly misconstrued. An interesting topic worthy of discussion.

I actually think poop talk, to some degree, is good and healthy talk. It's one of the fundamentals of DL. I've seen many wonderful threads and comments from members who share their experience. Some actual comments I can recall include taking a nice evening walk and when I am 10 minutes away from home I relieve myself; or when I finish work I exit the building and as I near my car I fill my diaper (mess).

Those are wonderful lifestyle messing discussions and stories and even though I rarely mess myself I do join in the discussion, its when the talk turns R rated "I mess my diaper then jerk off" that I feel it belongs in a more mature section.

You are all are right about it being a blurry line between Kink and Lifestyle and how to handle Kinky comments which are posted into a Lifestyle thread.

If a DL-Kink section did exist it may even offer more opportunity to discuss the kinky side of DL :devilish: . There are several Love shops which carry adult diapers, and Rearz sells purple Seduction diapers. People are kinky, people use a lot of things in the bedroom, diapers can be a great addition to sexy time! But Moo has done a tremendous job at keeping this site PG-13 so I think it would go against his vision for his site. (Moo is a he right?)

I think it would get too confusing and would be more work for the moderators. Also, we don’t get a huge amount of posts so splitting things up probably wouldn’t help much.

Thank you everyone for your feedback so far! I am curious if any other members have any input, thoughts, or ideas?

I actually think poop talk, to some degree, is good and healthy talk. It's one of the fundamentals of DL.

It certainly is, not least because containing poop is one of the two main functions of a nappy IRL. Dividing threads about wetting and messing into separate sub-forums seems to me to be like dividing discussion of wheels and tyres in a motoring forum into one sub-forum for front wheels and one for rear wheels.

My original thoughts do not include separating wetting and messing; they belong together I believe.

I simply mean a PG-Lifestyle section and R-Kink section. I actually believe a section dedicated tothe kinky side may encourage more discussion in that area; while still abiding by the fundamental rules of what is acceptable content.

Last edited:
When I mentioned poop discussions having their own forum, I was mostly joking. I know it wouldn’t be practical. Just seems like there have been a lot of those threads lately.

Back