Disposing of Wet Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a diaper genie and a janibel, but really most of the time I just use tightly closed plastic garbage bags.

I fold the frontal wings inside, roll the front upwards until I arrive at the back, and then use the tapes left and right to close this roll/burrito.

When I have a paper bag that I want to throw away anyway, I use it. I've also used old newspapers and the cheapest plastic bags I could find (1-2 cents / bag) to keep it discrete and odor-less. Nowadays I just use some black plastic bags that were a little more expensive but that fit perfectly and that can be twisted at the top so they keep the smell out (they are sold on saveexpress.de where I get my padding). In any case I throw the resulting bag into the normal trash, which I empty every two days or so. If I wore more often, I might just buy larger, black trash bags, but right now this is the most economical and discrete option that doesn't involve anything starting to smell bad.

Wuggle said:
Awesome, thanks guys! I think I'll just start grocery bagging them and taking them to the outside trash.

EXACTLY WHAT I DO if I wear a disposable. Since I wear training underwear I just rinse them each morning when I take a shower along with my plastic underpants and hang them to dry. I take my rinsed damp training underwear and toss it in the hamper and wash it with my regular underwear.

It's a shame my previos post never showed up. I tried telling everyone that just about any trash can which has a decent lid on it will work as a diaper pail. It doesn't even need to be fully sealied like a diaper jeanie either. The lid will keep smells from escaping for at least a few days, usually closer to a week. Just long enough for you to take the trash out for pickup.

I just throw them in the bathroom trash can never really had an issue with them smelling cause I usually take out the trash pretty regulary..if theres a messy one tho it goes straight out to the dumpster

I have a diaper bin in my sleeping room. I just unfold a heavy weight bag into and store them trash bags in my shed until I have a trailer full to get them to the local dumpster.

I don't get to wear very often but I dispose of mine into a black trash bag in the garage or straight to the outside bin and always in some sort of garbage bag. I can't leave any evidence around because that would be very difficult to explain to my children if they found my used diapers.

After using my diaper, which is in the morning or around noon, I would fold the diaper back up to its normal packaging, except its bulging... Then I put it into a black or dark-colored warp before placing it into a ziplock bag. I get as much air out as possible, then I seal the bag before putting it in our trash bin.

I used to bag and compress my wet diapers in ziplocs also when at home, but I found it wasn't necessary for any diapers that I can just roll up into a "diaper burrito" as I've comically heard it called around here, though the earlier velcro tabbed diapers were known for problems with staying rolled up. Current gen tykables / bearhugz tapes have that adhesive at the root of the velcro that works okay though often they don't stick very well. But long enough to make it to the garbage can is fine by me. Bambino magnifico on the other hand, refuse to stay rolled up. I can easily get twice the number of diapers in the can if they're tightly rolled up as opposed to loosely balled.

The other issue I ran into is I use cheap kitchen trash bags, and they're pretty thin. (low mil thickness) I've found that the zip tops on ziploc bags are pretty stiff and their corners are sharp enough to jab a hole in the trash bag when I toss a heavy wet ziploc'd diaper into the bin. (OR they jab a hole or two when I go to lift out the bag and tie it up) Then the bags can get the trash can outside pretty ripe after a few days outside.

So, no more ziplocs for me, at home at least. I do carry one or two with my go-bags though for mobile disposal where needed.

bambinod said:
Bambino magnifico on the other hand, refuse to stay rolled up.

I don't use the Magnifico, but for the Ultra-Stretch (which is the same) I roll it, pull up the sides and do a single pass through twist (like at the beginning of tying your shoe), then pull the sides over the top and bottom with the velcro-y bits facing each other and stick them to the fabric-y sides. Keeps them nice and together. If I'm in more of a rush, I'll just do a second pass through twist thing to make a knot, but that lets the sides dangle.

I roll my used diapers up as described by others and put them into diaper disposal bags I found at a local dollar store (they are big enough for adult diapers). This bagged diaper is then put into a small trash can lined with a kitchen size plastic bag. The trash can has a tight fitting lid and odors are not noticeable. When the trash can is full enough the liner and diapers are removed and tied shut. I then put this bag into a second bag and tie that one shut before taking out to the trash. Odor is kept to a minimum. The double bagging is a requirement here for any "Bio-hazard" material such as diapers, cat little, doggie-doo, and so on.

I usually roll my used diapers up into the "diaper burrito" (lol) mentioned earlier and they go into a large black trash bag lining a heavy-duty Rubbermaid trash can in the garage until trash day. If the diaper is just wet and I'm in a hurry, sometimes I just take my diaper off and throw it away without rolling it up. Where I live, we can just set the bags out for the trash pickup and don't have to worry about bringing the empty cans in after the trash is collected, and I have never had any trouble with heavy-duty bags tearing or breaking.

Moonshot said:
I roll my used diapers up as described by others and put them into diaper disposal bags I found at a local dollar store (they are big enough for adult diapers). This bagged diaper is then put into a small trash can lined with a kitchen size plastic bag. The trash can has a tight fitting lid and odors are not noticeable. When the trash can is full enough the liner and diapers are removed and tied shut. I then put this bag into a second bag and tie that one shut before taking out to the trash. Odor is kept to a minimum. The double bagging is a requirement here for any "Bio-hazard" material such as diapers, cat little, doggie-doo, and so on.

Fyi, used diapers, and feces/urine is not considered bio hazardous. There is absolutely no law or requirement a used messy diaper be bagged. The only exception to this is if it's being generated as waste by a medical facility.
https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/standardinterpretations/1995-08-28-2

Slomo said:
Fyi, used diapers, and feces/urine is not considered bio hazardous. There is absolutely no law or requirement a used messy diaper be bagged. The only exception to this is if it's being generated as waste by a medical facility.
https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/standardinterpretations/1995-08-28-2

You are assuming that Moonshot is from the US.

According to Moonshot's profile, Moonshot is in Canada.

justs put it in a plastic bag and tie it up then put it in the bin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back