Difficulty with littlespace

unnamed

Still 5 years old at heart
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
In the past 2 months, I've been having an increasingly difficult time getting my mind into littlespace. I don't want this to be a trauma dump so I'll keep it nondescript: it feels wrong. My childhood was dominated by constant fear and insecurity because of severe generalized anxiety disorder and parental instability. I'm also moderately overweight and haven't been able to get it back under control since covid. This combo keeps pulling me out of the mindset and makes me feel like I'm either not supposed to feel safe or that this could never be a kid's figure.

For context, my little space tends to fall into a 4-5 year old non-binary or agender kid who still has accidents.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I can do here?

Last edited:
Reactions: Prillprillprill
Any specific things you have that trigger these? I mean either getting into or falling out of little space.

I just ask because while you might have thought of this already finding something to curb those triggers or immeadiately being able to distract yourself could help. Also, if you have the time maybe spend a day trying to be little the whole day and maybe that could eventually help. Hope this helps, if I think of anything else I'll share.

Reactions: Sealander
Unfortunately no. Getting in the mindset isn't hard. It's staying that's the problem.

So it's keeping it not getting into it? Are you surrounded by stuff to reinforce it if possible or able to remove anything that could potentially break it? Maybe try adding something new to your littlespace maybe that could help.

I'm interested in this thread because I have similar troubles. My little age is around the same as yours, also with a lot of trauma. Worrying and anxiety tends to ruin it often, but I also need it to cope. Having a caregiver can help me a lot, but not always. I also tend to get angry a lot, which definitely pulls me out of littlespace.

I wish I had something to help you, but I do wish you good luck and lots of little-time.
Also: love your Sakamoto-san avatar ^-^

Edit; it seems like you might also fit in r/nevergrewup over on Reddit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prillprillprill
Mikochi said:
I'm interested in this thread because I have similar troubles. My little age is around the same as yours, also with a lot of trauma. Worrying and anxiety tends to ruin it often, but I also need it to cope. Having a caregiver can help me a lot, but not always. I also tend to get angry a lot, which definitely pulls me out of littlespace.

I wish I had something to help you, but I do wish you good luck and lots of little-time.
Also: love your Sakamoto-san avatar ^-^

Edit; it seems like you might also fit in r/nevergrewup over on Reddit.
Part of it is I grew up so freaking fast. By 7th grade I had the maturity of a highschool junior

unnamed said:
In the past 2 months, I've been having an increasingly difficult time getting my mind into littlespace. I don't want this to be a trauma dump so I'll keep it nondescript: it feels wrong. My childhood was dominated by constant fear and insecurity because of severe generalized anxiety disorder and parental instability. I'm also moderately overweight and haven't been able to get it back under control since covid. This combo keeps pulling me out of the mindset and makes me feel like I'm either not supposed to feel safe or that this could never be a kid's figure.

For context, my little space tends to fall into a 4-5 year old non-binary or agender kid who still has accidents.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I can do here?
What is your normal process?

bigbabytexas said:
What is your normal process?
Sitting down and slowly "deaging" my mind. I don't have the kind of privacy to have any objects sadly. As of a few months ago that no longer works and I feel all weird.

Last edited:
Watching cartoons always helps me and is very enjoyable?

bigbabytexas said:
Watching cartoons always helps me and is very enjoyable?
I'm a huge animation nerd so yeah I could certainly try that.

unnamed said:
I'm a huge animation nerd so yeah I could certainly try that.
I definitely recommend Rugrats, or SpongeBob is a great way especially the age you were looking for, toys also help like Legos and those types of things. Let me know how it works out.

unnamed said:
Part of it is I grew up so freaking fast. By 7th grade I had the maturity of a highschool junior
Yeah that sounds pretty hard on a young kid. I can relate quite a bit. I was always treated like a little adult (I was smart, so that didn't help). Pre-school and elementary school were pretty much hell because of attachment issues and anxiety, and generally just not fitting in. I feel like I missed out on most of the happy things of being a pre-schooler/elementary schooler (not that my teens were any better, but I don't particularly miss those).

Stress is also a frequent obstacle to get into little space, no matter how used we are to living under stress (as a side note, nobody should ever be used to living under stress nor think it´s a winning lifestyle). The other cause I know for little-space blockage is if you´re taking antidepressants, as they will block the mood stimulus that make you feel little.

Like you, I was also forced into maturity since an early age to the point I was called a "little adult" at 6 years of age by my own parents, other family members, school teachers... and I actually took it as praising, so I just kept going down the same path... making my lifelong desire to wear diapers even more embarrassing. Precisely I try to compensate all that with my little space, which is a 4-year-old boy who hasn´t yet gone through the hell of potty training.

Watching Cocomellon can put me into little space because it's really aimed at young toddlers who aren't potty trained.

I've been trying to watch "Kids Movie Club" because the shows are longer. A recent show, sowwy I can't recall, but it was about a wolf pack where some of them seemed to die near the end actually brought me to tears. Spoiler alert, but everyone seemed to magically be OKAY!

It's nice to watch these kid's movies. But they become too much in the background and I find myself playing on my phone.

I have started back on PAW Patrol for now. ⛑️

Just watch Miyazaki films if you want feels. Wolf children is kiddo friendly while still hitting hard.

Back