Difference between Femboy & Sissy

LadyOfTintagel said:
I do not identify as a sissy or a femboy, but I do think that there is an... element of overlap between us. Shared DNA, so to speak, between sissies and drag performers and femboys and trans women. NOT that these are the same identities, and it would be rude to assume they are. But I do personally feel kinship with anyone who lives on the margins of gender or has an unusual gender identity.
Nicely put, I would make one minor suggested instead of saying Unusual the term "Evolved". We are the evolved passed out dated gender identity.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaigeCherubiel
I call myself a sissy here partly because it's the only remotely trans "category" the profile software recognizes. 😇

same-same from my point of view.

PaigeCherubiel said:
I associate sissy with the "forced feminization" kink, and I think part of the drag element is men who can't be made passable crossdressers. "If you can't pass for a woman, underdress in public and look like you belong on RuPaul's Drag Race in private, (except on Halloween)." 😇
I was born in 1955 in the inner city of Chicago’s near West side, then known as West Town. Back in the 60’s guys with breasts worthy of a cup size were called ‘he-she’s’ whether they were or not unless they were just old flabby fat men. Guys that wore girls / female cloths but looked like guys / men wearing female clothes were called “crossdressers‘. Guys who dressed in female clothes and presented female by wearing makeup, wigs, fake boobs, padded hips & butts, painted nails etc. were called “transvestites” (wannabe female impersonators). Then there were “drag queens” who were guys that did the whole tv thing but went overboard and exaggerated everything about themselves from hair, makeup, costumes etc. and “performed on stage in club circuits all over, usually for money. They each their own reasons for what they do other then possibly the he-she who may because of some possibly medical condition or birth a nominally was born with breasts which continued to grow. Some were even born with both sets of genitalia, a vagina as well as a penis. Fortunately ones genitalia is not as readily exposed as breasts.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
PaigeCherubiel said:
I'm dropping this argument; because I don't know how much you know about American law regarding gender identity. 20 years ago I would of had to prove to my state I'd had a penectomy, just to change the gender letter on my Driver's License. In some more conservative states today you are the gender you were born with. There are whole swaths of this country that consider drag perversion. 😇

Definitely best to avoid politics!

Many years ago, an older man who I had sex with referred to me as his "twink", which I believe is an earlier term for 'femboy'...

• Haha
Reactions: ShyBoo81
I list my identity here as DL and “other” because I have no idea where I fit in on the gender spectrum. I’ve been a man my entire life but have always had deep lingering desires of “what if” that I’ve never acted on. My wife has been exploring some D/S feelings and I mostly really e joy what she does but she called me her “sissy” once and I felt terrible. I’m just beginning ways of physically exploring my feelings on this (wig and makeup) and I generally really like what I see but I’m so new to it that I don’t have any clue what to call it.

Traveler said:
D/S feelings and I mostly really e joy what she does but she called me her “sissy” once and I felt terrible.
My views are very different than most. I personally don't like the idea of labeling people or forcing them into a specific group. Gender is a spectrum and we are all on our own personally journey. I use the term sissy as a general term to reflect evolved males who show off their femininity.

If you comfortable I love to hear more about why you felt terrible being called a sissy?

Radical said:
My views are very different than most. I personally don't like the idea of labeling people or forcing them into a specific group. Gender is a spectrum and we are all on our own personally journey. I use the term sissy as a general term to reflect evolved males who show off their femininity.

If you comfortable I love to hear more about why you felt terrible being called a sissy?
I agree completely that it is a spectrum. I think it was just a shock hearing it come out of her mouth. It's not something we had ever discussed, I was just letting her explore some stuff which left me in a very vulnerable headspace, and it felt kind of sudden and degrading. Like I've been exploring my feelings of it alone my entire life, and suddenly my life partner unknowingly validated those feelings. I don't think she knew or meant it maliciously. Since then I've decided to explore it physically just a little bit, like I have been doing with ABDL lately. I know diving deeper into that side of my life has been very personally rewarding.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and ShyBoo81
Traveler said:
I agree completely that it is a spectrum. I think it was just a shock hearing it come out of her mouth. It's not something we had ever discussed, I was just letting her explore some stuff which left me in a very vulnerable headspace, and it felt kind of sudden and degrading. Like I've been exploring my feelings of it alone my entire life, and suddenly my life partner unknowingly validated those feelings. I don't think she knew or meant it maliciously. Since then I've decided to explore it physically just a little bit, like I have been doing with ABDL lately. I know diving deeper into that side of my life has been very personally rewarding.
There is a very deep psychology behind being a sissy. You might just not be ready for being called a sissy. Or suppressed thoughts about being a sissy.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and Ali123
Radical said:
There is a very deep psychology behind being a sissy. You might just not be ready for being called a sissy. Or suppressed thoughts about being a sissy.
I'm still so new to this world that I mostly don't understand all the terms and how they're defined, that's why I like to think of it as a spectrum. It's taken me this long to actually try any of it out so I'm not sure how it's even going to go. I like living the way I live as my everyday self, but I'm feeling like there is something more on an another level I haven't discovered yet, but I know it's there.

Traveler said:
I'm still so new to this world that I mostly don't understand all the terms and how they're defined, that's why I like to think of it as a spectrum. It's taken me this long to actually try any of it out so I'm not sure how it's even going to go. I like living the way I live as my everyday self, but I'm feeling like there is something more on an another level I haven't discovered yet, but I know it's there.

My best advice would be to try different things and do what feels right. There's no need to worry about words, especially whilst you are still finding out what you are trying to describe.

Reactions: Traveler
Anemone said:
My best advice would be to try different things and do what feels right. There's no need to worry about words, especially whilst you are still finding out what you are trying to describe.
Great advice. I've been talking with a trans friend and she suggested I look into non-binary and gender-fluid and she hit the nail on the head in defining how I'm feeling.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and ShyBoo81
Traveler said:
Great advice. I've been talking with a trans friend and she suggested I look into non-binary and gender-fluid and she hit the nail on the head in defining how I'm feeling.

That's fantastic, it's always good to have a guide who has been somewhere similar before. I'd counsel against too much focus on getting the "right" label; the destination is fine but the journey is most important.

• Love
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and Traveler
Anemone said:
That's fantastic, it's always good to have a guide who has been somewhere similar before. I'd counsel against too much focus on getting the "right" label; the destination is fine but the journey is most important.
I really am looking forward to the journey. It feels like a sudden Pandora’s box of new breath of life. I came out as abdl to a couple close friends recently the response was super positive and I think that feeling has awoken something that’s been deep inside me for ever.

over last 2 yrs expoled bing non briney found my real slef my real name aka brinty

Traveler said:
I really am looking forward to the journey. It feels like a sudden Pandora’s box of new breath of life. I came out as abdl to a couple close friends recently the response was super positive and I think that feeling has awoken something that’s been deep inside me for ever.

That's also great, you've got good people around you.

Radical said:
The main difference between the two is perspective. Femboys tend to be younger (Mainly Gen-Z, Millennial), sissies tend to be older (Boomer, Gen X). Many femboys are very sissy at heart, thou there perspective of femininity is very different growing up in a time when women had much more freedom on how to dress. For the older sissy they grow up in a time where women always wore skirts, nylons, girdles, while girls were expected to wear fancy dresses or skirts to school. In both cases the male is internally learning about femininity by watching women and girls and how they dress. Many Femboys actually prefer vs girly flared skirts which is quite sissy compared to modern women fashion, there is a subculture of femboys called maidboys who love wearing maid dresses.

Femboys are modern day sissies who haven't discovered the thrill of ruffles and lace. Sooner or later he might get lucky and smart women will introduce him to his true sissyself.
Thank u for this comment. The first paragraph makes a lot of sense to me. As others have noted, words change in meaning as culture does. I write only to add that sissy shame can be a wonderful experience. I used to crave it as an entry-way into sexual arousal. Especially now that i'm a seedless raisin, I still like the shame of being displayed and treated as a sissy, but i've noticed that shame changes when i actually experience it. I feel a warm glow of affection from the person in charge of me, and a similar feeling of self-caring comfort for myself. Curtseys. . . .

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel
sistersissy said:
Many years ago, an older man who I had sex with referred to me as his "twink", which I believe is an earlier term for 'femboy'...
Pretty sure twink and femboy are two completely different words lol. Twink is used to describe a young skinny guy with smooth skin. Although it is possible for a guy to be both

Reactions: Anemone and Lilschoolfox
Radical said:
The main difference between the two is perspective. Femboys tend to be younger (Mainly Gen-Z, Millennial), sissies tend to be older (Boomer, Gen X). Many femboys are very sissy at heart, thou there perspective of femininity is very different growing up in a time when women had much more freedom on how to dress. For the older sissy they grow up in a time where women always wore skirts, nylons, girdles, while girls were expected to wear fancy dresses or skirts to school. In both cases the male is internally learning about femininity by watching women and girls and how they dress. Many Femboys actually prefer vs girly flared skirts which is quite sissy compared to modern women fashion, there is a subculture of femboys called maidboys who love wearing maid dresses.
I Agree with you. I would add as an hypothesis, that in the past, submission or obedience was expected from women. I'm Gen X and was personnally categorized as a sissy (it was an insult) as a kid at home and at school, because of my sweet behavior and lack of agressivness. The new generations have seen women empowerment and have other models of feminine behavior.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and Radical
Back