Did you struggle to find a partner?

To be honest I didn't think she would be that understanding. We had been really good friends for over 5 years. As it turns out she had a crush on me for years but at the same time I never considered her as serious. Then we had a sincere conversation and she actually asked if I was wearing a diaper. That changed everything. After a while I had to admit that in fact I was incontinent along with being diaper dependent.

In the beginning I still had problems with anxiety and stress. I never let her see my diaper. She finally said she wasn't afraid of my diaper and see them. I still was worried that if we slept over night I would probably have a BM while sleeping (a regular nighttime accident). Even though I used internal deodorants she would still know about it.The fist night we slept together she actually yanked off my shorts and saw my diaper. I was so embarrassed but she kept saying that she thought they were cute (go figure).

It took time for me to loosen up and relax. But it finally worked from being tight to be open. Now? We've been together for over a year. We don't live together but she's here at my house almost every weekend. To be honest we completely enjoy our company.

So yeah, you never know when someone becomes a serious partner. Being IC doesn't make it a significant problem. My advise would be to give yourself sometime and open up your own personality. You'd be surprised.

Reactions: Lethdale, slimjiminy, daylight and 2 others
When I started getting interested in girls, I was already a diaper-wearing IC, so I was missing out on a lot in the eyes of other girls.

As a teenager, I was already communicative enough that I had no problem taking the first step towards a girl, but when I asked a girl from my school on a date (at school, everyone knew that I was an IC because of an accident, so apart from a few cases of intolerance, I was not teased because of it). ) I very often heard rejection for this reason. Not all the girls I was interested in refused me, but they gently made me realize that a more serious relationship would not be possible because of my problem, which hurt me a lot.

When I entered high school, things didn't change much. Few people knew that I had to wear diapers, but I didn't want to hide it, so when I was dating a girl and I had to tell her about my problem, the contact often ended and nothing came of it.

However, fate smiled on me and I met a girl who accepted that I had to wear diapers and it didn't bother her in any way. We loved each other very much and loved spending time together and even experienced our first time together. However, the happiness did not last long and after a year together she had to leave with her parents to another country because at the age of 17 she could not stay with me. We knew that it would be very difficult for us to be together at a distance, so we decided to break up, which was very hard for us.

I couldn't recover from that for a long time, since then I have no desire to be in a relationship, I also left the country, and I am single by choice.
Maybe there will come a time when fate will smile on me again and I will give up being single when I find a person who will accept me for who I am.

Reactions: Edgewater
dating and relationships are challenging even in the best of circumstances. for sure IC adds a level of challenge and stress and anxiety. i am blessed with i met my life partner and we have been going through life's challenges together for many years. not much experience dating prior to meeting her, however that was due mainly to my mis trust of people. i didn't allow others to get close to me protect myself. i was pretty open about my IC and that was due to viewing others as friends, so for me it helped being open and up front. therefore my wife knew of IC before dating. My wife and i started as friends and i didn't realize we were actually dating until she told me we were. I smiled and said yes looking at this we are dating. IC is pretty minor part of our relationship she had to adjust to quite a bit of issues and i am a lot to handle yet she embraced a relationship and life with me. i am honored by that. my experiences with my wife helped me learn to let people in and truly get to know me. i think with dating there will be many mis steps (good and bad) but you have to keep trying. no one wanted to be rejected and/or hurt and being IC does put one in a more vulnerable position (easily hurt). Being IC tends to have that heighten sensitive, however sadly in order to meet someone you have to put yourself out there. i never saw myself as being at the top of anyone's dating list, but my wife has told there were quite a few interesting in dating me just that i stood in my own way. keeping an open mind and giving others a chance and trying looking at yourself through eyes of others.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater
Back