Did any of your siblings become a bedwetter and had to wear a diaper?

CrossfireHurricane

longtime complete incontinent
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I've always been IC. At first my parents just thought I was a bedwetter. As I got older it became obvious that I was indeed complete IC. My siblings also became bedwetters (the family curse). All of them were diapered until they became dry. Most of them were dry by 5 to 8 or 9 except an older sister who wore diapers until she was 13. I imagine it's common for families to share that curse. Non of us were punished for it although I'm sure there was plenty of frustration. My older sister shared our bedwetting problems. Although I wore diapers 24/7, she didn't wear a diaper during the day. Still, I'm sure she hated to wear them for sleeping. I remember my mom would diaper her latter after dinner so she didn't want to see if someone came by. For me? I suppose it bothered me but not like her. Do you or siblings have to wear a diaper for bedwetting? Do you think it's genetic? My mom told me that my father was a bedwetter until he got dry at 5 years old. She claims she wasn't one but who knows?

Reactions: TeddyBunny and sport1
No I was the only bedwetter

Yes my brother does. He’s in diapers at night. I do think it’s hereditary.

Reactions: Deleted member 39574 and Lyric
Sure it is hereditary indeed. When it comes to bed wetting, I don’t remember the exact statistics but if none of your parents are bed wetters your chances to suffer it are quite low. If one of them is, it begins to increase. And when both parents were bed wetters, then it’s quite sure that siblings will suffer it. So I understand the “curse” feelings but it ain’t. It’s just genetics. And I can explain it myself with my experience: I have 3 brothers just by my father‘s side and we all 4 wetted the bed until 10-11 years minimum. While by my mother‘s family I don’t know one single case and I have 7 cousins. So I believe it quite clear it’s something quite important related to bedwetting. Regards!

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 39574 and Pino
I have a fairly large family. Including 16 cousins and tons of aunts and uncles. Almost all of them have had a few bedwetters. On my own family side I have 2 siblings. A brother and a sister. Both of them were dry by 6 or 7. And they both wore diapers. I was the only one who didn't graduate toilet training. Is it hereditary? I bet it is. Now today, the "curse" isn't the way it was in the old days. Hence the large size toddler and young children diapers and pull-ups.

Reactions: Deleted member 39574 and LordDuque
greatlake5 said:
I have a fairly large family. Including 16 cousins and tons of aunts and uncles. Almost all of them have had a few bedwetters. On my own family side I have 2 siblings. A brother and a sister. Both of them were dry by 6 or 7. And they both wore diapers. I was the only one who didn't graduate toilet training. Is it hereditary? I bet it is. Now today, the "curse" isn't the way it was in the old days. Hence the large size toddler and young children diapers and pull-ups.
I wasn’t referring to the “social “ curse you talk, the same way I believe crossfire said “family curse” to what I replied but nevertheless I agree 100% with you both in that and the rest of your post 🙂

No I was a only child no brother or sisters

My cousin wet the bed until his mid teens.

My younger brother was also a bedwetter

I think my younger sister was dry early my last wet in childhood was 13yrs she was already out of diapers have a grand daughter who has had wetting problems for yrs.

I don't remember me or any of my brothers being bedwetters.

My brother who is 2 yrs younger than I am was a night wetter till he was 18. We shared a bedroom and both of us wore diapers, although he only had to wear at night, while I wore training pants in the day and diapers the rest of the time.

Reactions: Deleted member 39574 and Lyric
My brother is also 2 years younger than me, and he wet the bed and wore diapers until he was 14ish. I got "mostly" dry and stopped wearing night diapers when I was almost 13. We shared a room for much of our childhood too. He claims he hasn't had bedwetting come back like it has for me. We have TONS of cousins on both sides of the family that were also late bedwetters and most of those wore night diapers too. It certainly seems genetic and hereditary to me. My guess is that much of the next generation in the family are also bedwetters.

Reactions: nectar0001, chuck and TXbw86
I have no siblings, so no. But I do have a cousin who has Down Syndrome and she wore diapers both during the day and at night until she was about 7 or 8 years old. I don't remember it exactly anymore, I just know that we visited my aunt every year for christmas and one year, the changing table in my cousins room was gone and I never saw it again after that year.

Have 2 younger brothers both wet the bed. The middle only only until about 6 I think but the younger one until about 15 and I don’t think he liked nappies like I do but I know for a fact that he did wet his nappy out of laziness sometimes and possibly wore for a bit longer than he needed to.

Reactions: Deleted member 39574, Brumas94 and LordDuque
Jg21101 said:
Have 2 younger brothers both wet the bed. The middle only only until about 6 I think but the younger one until about 15 and I don’t think he liked nappies like I do but I know for a fact that he did wet his nappy out of laziness sometimes and possibly wore for a bit longer than he needed to.
How did u find out he was wetting them on purpose? He told you that? Did u ever diaper him?

My two younger sisters both wet their beds until they were 12 and 7 respectively. My mother told me when I was still wetting my bed in my teens that my dad was also a bedwetter. None of my cousins wet their beds so it embarrassing when we would see each other on family visits.

Reactions: Deleted member 39574 and nectar0001
Bryle said:
How did u find out he was wetting them on purpose? He told you that? Did u ever diaper him?
Saw/ heard him pee in them in the morning when we were watching tv before parents were up at weekends

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, Brumas94 and Lyric
I am only child, I was bedwetter till 8. Did wear nappies till that age, first pampers after that Tena

CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
My siblings also became bedwetters (the family curse).
Im not sure what you mean by "became bedwetters?" Did you and your siblings stop wetting at night and then start again? I came from a family of seven kids and three boys including me and our youngest sister were bedwetters. I think it ran on my fathers side of the family because we had cousins on his side who came to visit us and a couple of the boys were bedwetters too.

Reactions: chamberpot
Back