Diapers for a good cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzy5868

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello everyone, my wife and I were talking this morning and we came up with a great way to help raise money for a great place. St judes childrens hospital. We came up with the idea of using diapers to raise money similar to how people use sponsors in a bowling a thin or walk a thon. You get people to sponsor you for say 10 cents an hour to wear a diaper, set a period of time like 90 days and try to get enough sponsors to keep you in diapers for that period of time. If you got enough sponsors to keep you in a diaper 24/7 for 90 days it would cost them $216 at $2.40 a day. Of course that would be if only one person sponsored you, but someone could sponsor 1 day for $2.40. Then all money, 100% would go to ST Judes. If 100 people did this we could raise $21,600 for a great cause. The details would have to be worked out yet but just trying to get a feel if this would be something people would be interested in.

Reactions: DprEffect
dizzy5868 said:
Hello everyone, my wife and I were talking this morning and we came up with a great way to help raise money for a great place. St judes childrens hospital. We came up with the idea of using diapers to raise money similar to how people use sponsors in a bowling a thin or walk a thon. You get people to sponsor you for say 10 cents an hour to wear a diaper, set a period of time like 90 days and try to get enough sponsors to keep you in diapers for that period of time. If you got enough sponsors to keep you in a diaper 24/7 for 90 days it would cost them $216 at $2.40 a day. Of course that would be if only one person sponsored you, but someone could sponsor 1 day for $2.40. Then all money, 100% would go to ST Judes. If 100 people did this we could raise $21,600 for a great cause. The details would have to be worked out yet but just trying to get a feel if this would be something people would be interested in.

I love the idea of raising money for such a good cause, however not sure how successful this method would be. Good luck though.

I see a few problems with this: (1) the cost of buying diapers to wear 24/7 likely wouldn't even break even with the money made through sponsorship in this model (2) approaching people to ask "will you pay me to wear an adult diaper" doesn't seem like something many people would be comfortable doing (3) the general public wouldn't likely be able to get on board with this so any money would probably come from people sponsoring others within the ABDL community.

I'm all for helping people, but this just doesn't seem like a smart way to do it

I understand what you are saying, however most of us wear anyway. So the cost of the diapers is already there. You can do it for one week, 30 days whatever. The point is you are giving up something to help a great cause. As for approaching people, we all have people that know we wear for the most part. I'm not saying to out yourself, just keep it in your circle.

dizzy5868 said:
I understand what you are saying, however most of us wear anyway. So the cost of the diapers is already there. You can do it for one week, 30 days whatever. The point is you are giving up something to help a great cause. As for approaching people, we all have people that know we wear for the most part. I'm not saying to out yourself, just keep it in your circle.
Although most of us wear, I think a lot of people, such as myself, still don't necessarily wear 24/7 for various reasons, so to do would be putting more money into it than you would likely be getting out. (i.e. moving to 24/7 just for a month or so vs. just donating the money it would cost would make a lot more money). Also if you're thinking about people who are 24/7 doing this there's not really any motive any more since originally it was like "sponsor someome to wear diapers", but if they've already been doing it that kind of seems to make it less appealing since they are no longer giving up something or doing something different, just continuing to do something they already do, which isn't how these kinds of fundraisers work. I think you also made a generalization that "we all have people who know we wear for the most part". My circle of people is just me, and I don't think I'm the only one who hasn't come out to others. For those who have, oftentimes I hear stories about how those people are fine (or not fine with it) but either way just want to be involved. I feel that if you approached someone who supported you wearing diapers and asked them to sponsor you they'd probably respond with something along the lines of "but don't you like wearing diapers?", "why am I paying you to wear diapers when you do so already", etc.

I can't say I don't like the idea but having been involved in these lots of fundraisers in the past this concept just doesn't really work

WTF ?

If someone wants to give us bad look, I see this way one if the best. Someone who's not IC asking for money to buy diapers. The "best" match ever.

Last edited:
Look I wasn't look to start an issue, I just had a thought that this might be something for people who love to wear diapers might be on board with. No harm, no foul. I have many others who are interested. If you already but and use diapers, what would be the harm in raising some money for a good cause while doing it. This was never meant to be a public thing, just within the diaper community. Just because the goal is 24/7 for 90 days does not mean you have to do it. There are a lot of couples that have shown interest on other sites where one is sponsoring the other. If you are interested contact me.

Sounds like a good idea once you get the details worked out.

Just you did a big issue: We haven't any right to sponsoring something without common sense, however you think it's correct. Being 24/7 in diapers without IC is (out of club) one of this. Remember vanilla reaction when they realizing a discover about ABDL existence. For this reason it can work only inside of club, but only in part. Personally I don't give a money to nobody for spend it stupid. Before that I buy diapers on my own by myself. Do the same.

Example of absurdity is Notre Dame, yesterday radionews said there's about 1200 M€ disponible for reconstruction. I need not any church and I think it should be payed by Vatican.

disponible What the hell is that?

Sorry, spanish form came first... Disponible in Spanish means available.

i've seen a lot of stupid posts but this one takes the cake

I just give directly to St. Judes. My wife and I started doing that several years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back