Diaper Tier Lists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm curious if you guys had to come up with a Tier List of Diapers, like a Letter Grade applied to Diapers of a certain quality, reliability, and Absorbency, how would your system go?

For me I would go with S as the Top rank and go down from there

So for me

S - Ultra Diapers, basically anything with a 6,000+ ML Rating as these are meant to be used for Heavy Wetting or otherwise 1 or 2 changes per day

In that Category would be PeekABU, Simple Ultra, MyDiaper Ultra, NorthShore MegaMax, Tykables Lil Rawrz, Rearz Barnyards

Below that I would put

A - ABUniverse Little Pawz, Space, Simple (regular) as well as their Single Tape Diapers and DinoRawrz, as well as a lot of the Tykables and Rearz Range, and anything else in the 5000 - 5500 ML Stated absorbency range

B - this is where I would place most of the better Medical style Diapers (the absolute best ones may rank A or even S) as well as Medium Capacity Diapers (usually 3500ML - 4500ML stated Capacity)

So think things like ABU BareBums, Seni Quatros, etc

C - this would be 1 to 2 steps above Diapers you would be better off avoiding with D and F ranks being Diapers I would never bother with such as Depends and Store Brands, this is probably where something like ATNs would go

Things in the C class would be usable for a short time by themselves, or may act more like a B class or even an A class with boosters or Stuffers if the quality of the Diaper itself is there

D - this is where I feel like the average store brand would probably go, might be usable in an emergency for minor wetting, but I wouldnt depend on them

F - avoid like the plague, things this low may as well not even be used as a leak is almost assuredly going to happen with them

Last edited:
Reactions: Trevor
Good grading system, cant help hut think you may have played atleast one devil may cry game at some point😉

If you were using this list then for Tykables it would be:

RatingPrintISO
SLittle Rawrs6000+
SCammies6000+
SUnicorns6000+
SGalactic6000+
AOvernights5500

Reactions: Foxroxsox
I didn't know the Cammies, Unicorns and new Galactics were all rated 6000+, but that's good to know for those that want more variety in Ultra Diapers

Lonelydl said:
Good grading system, cant help hut think you may have played atleast one devil may cry game at some point😉

I play a lot of games in general and even ones that dont have a Letter Grade System have a color coded system that essentially means the same thing (like MMORPG type games will often have Yellow, Orange, and Purple for better equipment compared to Blue, Green, and White for lower grade equipment)

Last edited:
just one problem with your S rating, no one should just have 1 or 2 changes a day, despite what the nappies are designed to hold. If someone did that to me I'd report for them for abuse. Changing twice a day will lead to rashes, skin breakdown and potentially infected bed sores if the person is immobile.

Last edited:
PCBaby said:
just one problem with your S rating, no one should just have 1 or 2 changes a day, despite what the nappies are designed to hold. If someone did that to me I'd report for them for abuse. Changing twice a day will lead to rashes, skin breakdown and potentially infected bed sores if the person is immobile.

Well everyone has different wants and needs, and if if they are capable of Diapering and changing themselves they should know what their skin can tolerate and not push that tolerance

While some might get 12 hours on the extreme end of something like a PeekABU, 8 is probably more likely and maybe closer to 6 hours if they are drinking a lot of fluids and thus the Diaper isnt gonna last as long as it could under average conditions.

Some of us want to get the most out of our Diapers as possible and dont want to change too often, but if it's a need it's a need.

Reactions: Trevor
As someone who is both bladder IC and diabetic,I change as soon as possible it's just not worth the risk no matter what the nappy is capable of holding

PCBaby said:
As someone who is both bladder IC and diabetic,I change as soon as possible it's just not worth the risk no matter what the nappy is capable of holding

Not all of us want to change 4-6 times a day or feel that is necessary for us, hence why there is a wide price range to Diapers, from below $1 each

Cheap Diapers are usually low quality, low absorbency, requiring many changes and probably not consistent from Batch to Batch

Mid-grade would be like the "Value" diapers, and then theres the Ultras and High grade stuff for those of us that need better diapers, or feel like buying better Diapers to use; rather than lower quality, lower absorbency diapers

If someone is alright with a bunch of changes every day, they could probably get by with B or C grade Diapers instead of spending the $2+ for S Grade Diapers, or $1.50+ for A Grade diapers

Honestly, it'll take too long to give you an idea of how I'd tier diapers. But this dose give me a good idea of what performs better than others

If I'm in the house I use ID Expert nappies as that is what the NHS in Wales provide me with and are also the type used in Welsh hospitals. If I go out of the house other than for a medical appointment I use abena l4's which might be a bit of overkill but I know they will take at least 2 floods if I'm not able to get somewhere I can change. To me buying a cheap nappy just because I need to change up to 7 or 8 times a day is a false economy.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but anyone got any advice on the best nappies that not pull ups and have a plastic backing?? I don’t actually use them as such so don’t need to be massively wet prof if you see.
I just love the feel and crinkle so any advice would be appreciated or are there any on the grading system that fit what I need?
Thanks in advance

PCBaby said:
That depends on the wearer's needs. About half the time right now, I go all day without a leak, so I'll put on a MegaMax at 6:30 AM and it stays on until I go to bed. When I do have accidents, I change it as soon as possible. This can be anywhere from five minutes to two hours after depending on situation.

If I changed 5-6 times a day, I'd be throwing away dozens of perfectly dry diapers every month, and my skin would not be the slightest bit better off for it.

My go-to is the MegaMax. The main reason I wear something this heavy is that it's the only one I've found that I can wear for sixteen hours without feeling like I'm sitting on a golf ball because of the padding getting lumpy. It's also fairly thin when it's dry, which is nice for discretion.

Last edited:
Reactions: LightBearer
PCBaby said:
Fit depends on brand, if you're not going to actually use them then the cheapest you can get. If you do intend wetting them then something like the vivactive should be ok. have a look at https://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk/adult-nappies/disposable-adult-nappies.html they are medical type not ab, but a good company, or you could try cloth if you really want too bulge but you would need waterproof pants, have a look at http://cosyndry.com/ they also have a sissy section.

Thanks much appreciated

SashaNicole said:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but anyone got any advice on the best nappies that not pull ups and have a plastic backing?? I don’t actually use them as such so don’t need to be massively wet prof if you see.
I just love the feel and crinkle so any advice would be appreciated or are there any on the grading system that fit what I need?
Thanks in advance

Any specific type of look you want or is anything Plastic and Crinkly good?

If you dont plan on using them and don't mind some cloth-like sections a hook and Loop diaper (tykables makes several prints of them, ABUniverse has 2 options) may work

they can be taken off easy and re-Attached easy so you wouldn't just be throwing Diapers out because of messed up tapes.

If you want more traditional plastic backed maybe try a Mid Range Medical Style diaper like an Abena M4 (or L4 if you are a large, S4 if you were a Small), they feel pretty good to wear and perform decent in use

But you said you dont plan on using them, and they are far from the most expensive thing on the market, way cheaper than a lot of things in fact; but they feel good to wear at least

There is also Cloth Diapers and Plastic Pants

Last edited:
BabyTyrant said:
Any specific type of look you want or is anything Plastic and Crinkly good?

If you dont plan on using them and don't mind some cloth-like sections a hook and Loop diaper (tykables makes several prints of them, ABUniverse has 2 options) may work

they can be taken off easy and re-Attached easy so you wouldn't just be throwing Diapers out because of messed up tapes.

If you want more traditional plastic backed maybe try a Mid Range Medical Style diaper like an Abena M4 (or L4 if you are a large, S4 if you were a Small), they feel pretty good to wear and perform decent in use

But you said you dont plan on using them, and they are far from the most expensive thing on the market, way cheaper than a lot of things in fact; but they feel good to wear at least

There is also Cloth Diapers and Plastic Pants
Thanks for your very useful advice

PCBaby said:
Not with super capable diapers, that just it isn't the case. They lock away wetness and bad smells extremely well. You can have an absolutely soaked diaper, yet still feel mostly dry and not smell at all (asuming you're staying well hydrated). I myself use crinklz, drink about 2 liters of liquids each day, and still only need 2 changes in 24 hours. I very seldom ever get a rash, and my wife very seldom ever complains out smells. Oh, and most of my coworkers don't even know I'm even diapered, so I know I'm doing something right.

I know where you're coming from though. Like you I've also had to suffer through using cheap medical grade diapers. Yeah after even 30 minutes you feel clammy and wet. After an hour you just want to take a shower. And two hours, phew they smell bad. If premium diapers had the same "performance" even without leaking- that would be abuse. To the wearer, and everyone eles around too.

This is why it's so common to see people saying once they switched to better diapers their whole lives got better. It's because premium diapers hardly ever leak, combat bad smells, need far fewer changes per day, feel soooo much better and more comfortable, cause less rashes, actually cost less overall, and believe it or not are easier to to keep hidden in public.

This isn't overhype either, nor is it brand specific. Now do you understand why so many are so willing to pay out of pocket for premium diapers versus getting medical grade for free? They really are just that much better. It's like going from Fred Flintstone's car to the Jetson's. It's almost a crime to call them both cars since they really don't compare. The same with medical versus premium diapers.

Reactions: LightBearer
I should point out I believe I'm seeing a difference in view from a medical-grade versus medical-style. I've been approaching this from a functionality and performance stand point, looks aside. Others seem to be basing it on an aesthetics first standpoint with ignoring massively different capability levels.

In an effort to get everyone one the "same page", we should probably stick to the OP for "quality, reliability and absorbency". Ie, medical-grade or function, not by looks or style.

Slomo said:
I should point out I believe I'm seeing a difference in view from a medical-grade versus medical-style. I've been approaching this from a functionality and performance stand point, looks aside. Others seem to be basing it on an aesthetics first standpoint with ignoring massively different capability levels.

In an effort to get everyone one the "same page", we should probably stick to the OP for "quality, reliability and absorbency". Ie, medical-grade or function, not by looks or style.

Exactly, there are good Medical Style Diapers out there, it's just that most of them aren't common in Medical Settings, considering they usually have contracts with a supplier to supply them with Diapers on a very cheap Per Diaper cost

So I ignore what it looks like and judge Diapers based on their performance capabilities

The thing with hyper capacity diapers is that you can go 18 hours in them, not that you should every time. There is a big difference in needs between those who wear 24x7 and those who wear at night. those who don't wear all the time can often wear longer as they get a dry break.

For me, I won't wear something if there is any chance of a leak. The permanent loss of status and reputation if I ever got caught leaking would not make it worth the risk, ever. That means wearing a diaper I can get 12 to 18 hours out of leak free, even if I change it after 8 to 10 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back