Diaper recommendations for complete IC

Kaliborio

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Hey everyone. I use a mixed diapering solution which heavily involves disposable diapers. I like my current disposable brand but haven't changed it in years and would like to shop around and see what's out there.

I'm 24/7 and have severe urinary incontinence (including bedwetting) and messing. I'm looking for some medical diapers that fit that need profile and are also suitable for someone who moves around a fair amount (so, i.e., have strong tapes, retain their fit well). I've tried Tena Slip, because the classic plastic-backed Slips were my standby a long time back, but I'm not impressed with the current variety.

Thanks so much in advance.

Better dry , North shore mega max , Rearz any , Tykeables any
Would you consider cloth at home ?

parcelboy2 said:
Better dry , North shore mega max , Rearz any , Tykeables any
Would you consider cloth at home ?
Thanks for this. Yeah, I've used cloth before and would consider it at home full-time. I switched away from an all-cloth solution because I was having more regular messing accidents and couldn't deal with the laundry, but I expect I can switch back.

Last edited:
Kaliborio said:
Thanks for this. Yeah, I've used cloth before and would consider it at home full-time. I switched away from an all-cloth solution because I was having more regular messing accidents and couldn't deal with the laundry, but I expect I can switch back.
I use cloth at home to save the rubbish bin filling up with Nappies , but still have to use them at work as I’m away all week so cloth not an option .
Like most you’ll find the happy medium it just takes time

BetterDry holds up really well to everything (1 and 2) with no leaks. It is really bulky though. Great for overnight and at home.
Northshore Supreme (if you can get them) holds up better in the 1 department as it is better at press out due to higher pulp content. It does not have as robust leak guards and doesn't go as high. May be able to get away as a discretion diaper with right clothes.
Northshore Supreme Lite. Less pulp content. Great for a daytime discretion diaper. Robust shell and tapes.
ATN. Least capacity. Works for a few hours. Discretion daytime diaper.

Megamax works great too. It has a high cost-per-diaper though compared to BetterDry without a significant capacity increase.
Heard good things about Abriforms (plastic backed ones), have not tried them.
I would also recommend GaryWear Active diaper cover.

Can you tell us what you use now and the reasons you went away from other brands? I think then the community can give you the best informed recommendation based on your needs.

Back