diaper frustration

faeria

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
i suck at doing my own tapes it makes me upset and sometimes i just don’t want to wear a diaper at all because they can be frustrating to deal with plus pull-ups are way more convenient. everyone i talk to is so good at doing their own tapes 😣 maybe im just too little and can’t do it on my own and need someone to do it for me. but diapers help me with little space so much more than pull ups that’s for sure 💔

• Sad
Reactions: dl015, Seasonedcitizen, dlboylife and 1 other person
I understand this 1000%! It's why I prefer velcro or hook-and-loop tapes for this reason. You can adjust and re-adjust to get the symmetry "just right" and that goes a long way for people who want perfection (like me! lol)

I have lots of regular sticky tape diapers and it can be really frustrating. The way Rearz are cut drive me CRAZY with getting the fit "just right". It can really kill the mood, but just know you're not the only one! And remember, what we see online are the "perfect" pictures and diapers people have. We don't see all the shots it took to get the picture that way, or all the other "imperfect" diapers people have worn before the finished product.

Reactions: dl015, LiddleBigBoy, CLPP and 2 others
Tapes are hard to do yourself. Definitely easier when someone does them for you.

Reactions: faeria
This is why I like Tenas. Easily adjusted tabs for tightening up when the wet loads them down!

No one tapes my diaper better than I do. :) It's because I have diapered me more than anyone else. My wife does a pretty good job, and I never turn down her offers, but in the back of my mind I know I do a better job.

My free advice:

Stand with your back near a wall.
Unfold the diaper and put a crease down the middle of the diaper the long way.
Place the back of the diaper between you and the wall.
Adjust the height so the waist is where it feels right.
Reach down and pull the front of the diaper up.
One hand in back and one hand in front, move the diaper up and down until it is snuggly into the region around your thighs.
Pull one side of the diaper back snuggly, and tape the bottom tape rather snuggly.
Repeat the process for the bottom tape on the other side.
Go back to the other side, pull the top snuggly back and tape the top tape aimed slightly down.
Repeat on the other side.

I don't adjust after that, and with the top tapes aimed slightly down, the diaper will not sag even if it is soaked.

Good luck!

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Cubsfan, faeria and 1 other person
Inside the diaper where the leak guards are the very top at the waste line that’s where gage the distance for the tape .Only when I do it myself because most of the time mommy changes me . It’s very easy but we do the top tape first then the lower one .

Reactions: messydiaper and faeria
messydiaper said:
No one tapes my diaper better than I do. :) It's because I have diapered me more than anyone else. My wife does a pretty good job, and I never turn down her offers, but in the back of my mind I know I do a better job.

My free advice:

One hand in back and one hand in front, move the diaper up and down until it is snuggly into the region around your thighs.
Pull one side of the diaper back snuggly, and tape the bottom tape rather snuggly.
Go back to the other side, pull the top snuggly back and tape the top tape aimed slightly down.

I don't adjust after that, and with the top tapes aimed slightly down, the diaper will not sag even if it is soaked.

Good luck!
That us exactly how I do it!!!

messydiaper said:

My free advice:

Good luck!
Same. This is the way I do it.

Reactions: messydiaper and faeria
mightytoddler said:
Inside the diaper where the leak guards are the very top at the waste line that’s where gage the distance for the tape .Only when I do it myself because most of the time mommy changes me . It’s very easy but we do the top tape first then the lower one .
This is the way my wife puts my diaper on me too.

• Love
Reactions: mightytoddler and faeria
messydiaper said:
This is the way my wife puts my diaper on me too.
Well when my mommy wife changes me it’s nothing sexual at all just loving care , she kisses me on the forehead and I get goosebumps every time . 🥰

Back