abdilly

Salt and Light, Diapers and Wipes
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
  4. Other
While I've worn many diapers over the years - and over extended periods of time - I've never really had a "diaper rash." I have had a few sore spots - and more recently the sides where the tapes go and excess diaper gets tucked has irritated my skin. But again, it's never really been a big deal. Even so, there's always the desire to have a more authentic experience.

I have memories of seeing diaper cream being used on siblings and daycare kids - and of course being jealous of the extra attention. The other thing that grabs me is the scent. In particular A+D ointment or the original Desitin. Something about that semi-sweet medicinal smell that just triggers something in me. For years I dabbled but never really kept it. Some times the cod liver oil would just be off putting. In small ways I've binged and purged items that just didn't do it for me...and I might pick it up years later and see if anything changed.

Over the last year it really clicked with me. The smell combination of ointment/cream and powder under a diaper...it just puts me into a headspace. It also feels nice which helps with the headspace as well. So many memories of being a kid and smelling that...it all came rushing back. In particular with A+D ointment. That smell is so particular...and it may not be for everyone...but I really like it these days.

I've tried the extra strength Desitin but I didn't care for that...the A+D cream is very nice...and has a nice scent. I tried some generic diaper cream but the smell was quite fishy...beyond anything enjoyable for me. I've also tried the Original Boudreaux's Butt Paste...and from a barrier cream/feeling on skin perspective it's good...but it doesn't have a scent...other than "old oil". Like cooking oil that has on the shelf too long. I still need to try the normal Desitin again...but I'm so happy with the A+D stuff that I may not have a need...but I'm sure curiosity will get the best of me.

The feeling of being freshly shorn and bathed and applying ointment and powder and a fresh diaper...there's really nothing like it. But to me adding things to the ritual of a diaper change makes it more "authentic" to me. I obviously can't wear that type of stuff to work as it is quite fragrant - but when I'm at home it's become a part of being diapered. It just makes me feel quite little and in need of some special attention.

Reactions: Tinklepanties, Blekyss, ItsyBitsyBabySara and 1 other person
abdilly said:
While I've worn many diapers over the years - and over extended periods of time - I've never really had a "diaper rash." I have had a few sore spots - and more recently the sides where the tapes go and excess diaper gets tucked has irritated my skin. But again, it's never really been a big deal. Even so, there's always the desire to have a more authentic experience.

I have memories of seeing diaper cream being used on siblings and daycare kids - and of course being jealous of the extra attention. The other thing that grabs me is the scent. In particular A+D ointment or the original Desitin. Something about that semi-sweet medicinal smell that just triggers something in me. For years I dabbled but never really kept it. Some times the cod liver oil would just be off putting. In small ways I've binged and purged items that just didn't do it for me...and I might pick it up years later and see if anything changed.

Over the last year it really clicked with me. The smell combination of ointment/cream and powder under a diaper...it just puts me into a headspace. It also feels nice which helps with the headspace as well. So many memories of being a kid and smelling that...it all came rushing back. In particular with A+D ointment. That smell is so particular...and it may not be for everyone...but I really like it these days.

I've tried the extra strength Desitin but I didn't care for that...the A+D cream is very nice...and has a nice scent. I tried some generic diaper cream but the smell was quite fishy...beyond anything enjoyable for me. I've also tried the Original Boudreaux's Butt Paste...and from a barrier cream/feeling on skin perspective it's good...but it doesn't have a scent...other than "old oil". Like cooking oil that has on the shelf too long. I still need to try the normal Desitin again...but I'm so happy with the A+D stuff that I may not have a need...but I'm sure curiosity will get the best of me.

The feeling of being freshly shorn and bathed and applying ointment and powder and a fresh diaper...there's really nothing like it. But to me adding things to the ritual of a diaper change makes it more "authentic" to me. I obviously can't wear that type of stuff to work as it is quite fragrant - but when I'm at home it's become a part of being diapered. It just makes me feel quite little and in need of some special attention.
I love the smell of diaper rash creams. When I was younger I would use it but I would have to shave down there or it was hard to clean it off.
Now I just don’t want to mess with sticky thick creams.

If I'm dealing with diaper rash for prolonged diaper use (I hate wasting a diaper so I really use it to the max). I will use diaper cream. I love the squishiness and creamy feeling.

The original Baby Magic had a scent that seemed to resonate among mothers of that era. Several of my babysitters seemed to have very strong memories of the smell; they'd used Baby Magic with their own children.

I remember one babysitter who said she looked forward to changing me because she could use Baby Magic! "I love the way that smells," she said.

Sadly, the current production Baby Magic has a vastly different scent.

Reactions: abdilly
abdilly said:

My favorite is also old version Desitin. Drives me nuts.

Reactions: abdilly
I broke out the ol'" A and D ointment the other day for a touch of sensitive skin. The scent of it was like a punch to the head. It took me back 65 years in an instant to that time where that smell seemed to permeate the whole house. Growing up with 5 other siblings ensured the smells of babies was always around.

Reactions: abdilly and Bigbabybret
I love the smell of Balmex, it triggers many memories and feelings from childhood the moment I smell it. I use its regularly.

I use the Aveeno baby lotion as it contains Dimethicone which is really good for the skin. It will protect the skin for 24 hours and it smells very nice.

Reactions: AndyPandy
Back