Diabetes and Incontinents

Quite a bit of research has emerged on diabetic bladder dysfunction. This is described as a continuum where OAB and urge incontinence represent early stage compensated bladder function that will progress to and end stage with decompensated bladder function.

I’m at the early stages with OAB and urge incontinence. Haven’t had much loss of feeling in my limbs, but have noticed a lack of feeling of fullness in my bladder that makes knowing when to go or when an urge is going to hit hard to predict.

I’m working hard to prevent any further progression or at a bare minimum slow the progression. Currently have lost 10% of my body weight and keeping fairly tight control of my glucose levels.

I'm UIC and Type-2 but my doctor believes my IC is more related to abdominal fat not neuropathy. Hope he's correct.

Reactions: AttilaThePun
AttilaThePun said:
I figured, but you had said "who's laughing now?", which I took to mean that perhaps now it's the nurse's turn to laugh.
I guess that is the challenge of text posts. That was meant to imply that "I am not laughing now".

Reactions: AttilaThePun
sledder23 said:
I’m at the early stages with OAB and urge incontinence. Haven’t had much loss of feeling in my limbs, but have noticed a lack of feeling of fullness in my bladder that makes knowing when to go or when an urge is going to hit hard to predict.

I’m working hard to prevent any further progression or at a bare minimum slow the progression.
That's pretty much where I am at. Apart from IBS, I can manage during the day usually with just a guard. But at night when I am tired, I can lose sight of the fact that I need to void (before the bladder says "now!"). So sometimes I have accidents then. But otherwise, I am doing my best to keep what control I do have.

Reactions: sledder23 and AttilaThePun
slimjiminy said:
I guess that is the challenge of text posts. That was meant to imply that "I am not laughing now".
Ahhhh, now I get it. Thanks!

Back