Desired absorbency level

iluvdps2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I"m not 24/7, just a casual, recreational DL. Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way...as much as I love the feeling of a Northshore Megamax for it's thickness when both dry and wet, I just can't justify wearing them all the time. I feel like I need to "use" all of the available diaper, and if I'm just looking to put a diaper on an hour before bedtime, wear it overnight, then get up in the morning and go to work, I'm more likely to grab something like a Supreme Lite or Tranquility ATN. I just don't always have all the hours required to fill up all that absorbency.
Does everyone else have their "regular diapers" and then some more absorbent "special day" diapers?

Reactions: KrankyPants
I wear a mega-max overnight and just use pull-up during the day I get them from Sam's by the case of 88 for only $32.50 and they work very well for me holding at least two wets if done slowly no good for a flood though

Reactions: wetaccident, Seasonedcitizen and HomeAlone
Just generally, I use a goodnights or a pampers swaddler for quick wees (or pull on some training pants for a wet-my-pants moment), and wait to use my ABDL diapers for times when I can luxuriate in a wet diaper for hours. I feel the same way you do about 'wasting' one when I don't have the extended time I need to really fill it up. But my goodnights and pampers can hold two wees and are relatively inexpensive enough to use one after the other.

Some nights I wear a megamax and just drink water throughout the night (every time I wake to wee in it, I drink some more). I don't get much solid sleep, but I wake up with a wonderfully soaked and thick diaper on, which I do love.

Reactions: wetaccident and iluvdps2
We are in the same boat. Hate to waste any part of a diaper. BetterDry is my "fun" diaper when I have all day to enjoy. However I usually only have a morning of diaper time so I go to Abena M4. It is close to leaking by noon when I have to get out for work. I only pee in my diaper, so I pee on the rear portion of the diaper first to get is saturated, then put it on. All the diaper is used that way.

Reactions: iluvdps2
I only wear overnight and only need enough absorbency for my overnight wetting. So my go to overnight diaper is a M4. If I keep it on until after breakfast and coffee it is pretty much saturated. I have found them to be the most economical diaper for me. Next up in expense is the MegaMax. Way more than I really need but with their bulk they do feel so good. So I will splurge every so often and wear one. I managed to get some lilbellas when they were on sale and they are a cute slightly thinner ABDL diaper and were only a bit more expensive.
Another suggestion for efficient diaper use is to use one or two baby diapers as liners to a more expensive or more absorbent diaper. You can wet the baby diaper(s) and then reuse the exterior diaper as long as you don’t leak from the baby diapers. Best exterior diaper is a hook and loop diaper so you can easily open and close it.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and iluvdps2
The more I read posts in the diaper section of this forum, the more I see people mentioning the Abena M4 and L4 as a "meh" kind of diaper that is intermediate in the absorbency. I have only recently tried some of the Megamax diapers, but I remember when the L4 was king of the block.
I recently came out to my wife as a DL and she was totally cool with it. Now that I have what I jokingly call "corporate sponsorship," I plan on getting a case of Supreme Lites for my every day diapers, a bag of either Megamax or Crinklz, and a case of Abena L4 for the nostalgia.
I'm torn on the Megamax vs Crinklz - I like the look of the Crinklz but don't want to push the boundaries of my wife that accepted this so openly, only to have her look at cartoonish prints and get a bit turned off. I'll have to think more about that one.

Where is everyone getting their Abena diapers?

I never fully saturate a MegaMax diaper, but that doesn’t concern me. I’m mainly interested in a diaper that does not leak; and a fully saturated diaper is always at least approaching its leak point. So the fact that I never fully saturate a MegaMax is a good thing from my perspective.

Reactions: 2012Stroke and GoodnitesXL21
the MegaMax are expensive so i want to use it as much as possible. My issue is i flood so pull ups and cheaper diapers don’t always work well. so i have to be more careful

iluvdps2 said:
The more I read posts in the diaper section of this forum, the more I see people mentioning the Abena M4 and L4 as a "meh" kind of diaper that is intermediate in the absorbency. I have only recently tried some of the Megamax diapers, but I remember when the L4 was king of the block.
I recently came out to my wife as a DL and she was totally cool with it. Now that I have what I jokingly call "corporate sponsorship," I plan on getting a case of Supreme Lites for my every day diapers, a bag of either Megamax or Crinklz, and a case of Abena L4 for the nostalgia.
I'm torn on the Megamax vs Crinklz - I like the look of the Crinklz but don't want to push the boundaries of my wife that accepted this so openly, only to have her look at cartoonish prints and get a bit turned off. I'll have to think more about that one.

Where is everyone getting their Abena diapers?
I got a good deal from Simply Medical (US).

Reactions: iluvdps2
I wear cloth prefolds and cloth inserts exculsively and fing they have great absorbancy. I can easily go a full night or at least 8 hours during the day and not need to be changed and they can still hold more. However I prefer to be changed every 8-10 hours just for the sake of my skin. I feels so good to be changed, wiped and powdered and have a nice fresh diaper on.

That's a great question. I use TENA Ultra and Super every day. I use MegaMax for some fun sparingly, like when I'm home alone for a while or if I'm feeling really stressed.

I’m hoping for a lite version of the Megamax similar to how there are Supremes and Supreme Lites.

• Love
Reactions: KrankyPants
AAO said:
I’m hoping for a lite version of the Megamax similar to how there are Supremes and Supreme Lites.
That would be great! NorthShore might just listen! I really love the features of the MegaMax, like the waistbands, tapes and the solid structure of the leak guards. It would be great to have that in a day diaper.

Last edited:
AAO said:
What are you hoping a "Lite Megamax" would do that isn't already being done by a Supreme/Supreme Lite? Are you specifically referring to the color choices?
I'll admit that I'm new-ish to the world of hyper-absorbent ABDL diapers, but the Supreme Lite impress the heck out of me and I can't really justify spending the extra money on the Supreme diapers for the extra capacity.
I've got another thread going right now about my apparent love for all-white diapers, but I also like the colors and tie-dye of the Megamax. I'm not sure if they'll make the Supreme line in additional colors or patterns. I had an extensive email chain with NorthShore's customer service and I believe some of the features on the Megamax, such as the tapes and landing zone, are there because of the absorbency, capacity, and ultimate weight of the diaper. (I never looked at the structure of the leak guards) Since the slimmer diapers don't have that capacity, they don't need to be built as tough - if that makes any sense.

I'm new here, but I'm pretty sure we can tag @NorthShoreAdam so he can see your request/comment and to make sure I'm not totally off base on my understanding of the Megamax features.

Reactions: 2012Stroke
Seasonedcitizen said:
I got a good deal from Simply Medical (US).
Thank you for posting that - I had asked about that retailer/vendor a couple of days ago. The prices seemed so much lower than everyone else that I got a bit worried. The only catch I've found is that they don't promise discreet shipping, so I'll just have to work out the timing a bit better since I don't want everyone in my neighborhood to wonder what Abena is.

iluvdps2 said:
What are you hoping a "Lite Megamax" would do that isn't already being done by a Supreme/Supreme Lite? Are you specifically referring to the color choices?
I'll admit that I'm new-ish to the world of hyper-absorbent ABDL diapers, but the Supreme Lite impress the heck out of me and I can't really justify spending the extra money on the Supreme diapers for the extra capacity.
I've got another thread going right now about my apparent love for all-white diapers, but I also like the colors and tie-dye of the Megamax. I'm not sure if they'll make the Supreme line in additional colors or patterns. I had an extensive email chain with NorthShore's customer service and I believe some of the features on the Megamax, such as the tapes and landing zone, are there because of the absorbency, capacity, and ultimate weight of the diaper. (I never looked at the structure of the leak guards) Since the slimmer diapers don't have that capacity, they don't need to be built as tough - if that makes any sense.

I'm new here, but I'm pretty sure we can tag @NorthShoreAdam so he can see your request/comment and to make sure I'm not totally off base on my understanding of the Megamax features.
There’s a few things I like better on the MegaMax vs the Supreme line. With most diapers (like the Supremes) larges are too big and mediums are too small. MegaMax mediums are just right. The Supremes do not have as durable padding and tend to start clumping before I have come anywhere near their capacity unlike the MegaMax. I do like the landing zone on the MegaMax because the tapes are more secure and it helps in the ability to slide the diaper off and back on if I need to use the toilet for #2. I like the more durable plastic on the MegaMax also along with the front and rear waistbands. I’m sure I could come up with more but that’s quite a few things there.

@NorthShoreAdam and I have discussed it before in other threads. I believe he indicated that at that time at least they had been looking into a light version of the MegaMax.

Reactions: Jonnythepony and iluvdps2
iluvdps2 said:
Does everyone else have their "regular diapers" and then some more absorbent "special day" diapers?

Tykables and ABUniverse sell more "reasonable" capacity diapers. ABU's Little Paws are outstanding! They won't last me till morning most nights, but are great for medium thickness for daywear, and are pretty durable.

Personally I think my M-4 Abena Abri-Form plastic backed are a great diaper for the money. For about $50 I can get a case of 42 delivered shipping included. I mix these with MegaMaxes depending on how long I’ll be away from home and return to my mainstay of cloth diapers and plastic pants when home.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, WillFord384 and iluvdps2
Zeke said:
Personally I think my M-4 Abena Abri-Form plastic backed are a great diaper for the money. For about $50 I can get a case of 42 delivered shipping included. I mix these with MegaMaxes depending on how long I’ll be away from home and return to my mainstay of cloth diapers and plastic pants when home.

I agree about the value. Of the 185 adult diapers I've tested, the Classic (plastic-backed) L4 is at the very top of the list in terms of capacity for the money. I'm sure the M4 is comparable.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Zeke
Back