Cutest and strongest plastic pants

RacerAce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi, I got a pair of nursery print plastic panties, they were cute but they tore off the side seam in about a month of use. So I want some suggestions on which ones should I get that have a cute print and can last me a long time. Bonus points if they are crinkly

Ive got pink lockable "gary plastic pants". I got them from nappies r us in the uk. They seem fine so far. They're not overly noisy but are not exactly silent

I'll have a look at those as well, I'm mainly looking on amazon as I live in Pakistan and only a couple of websites ship here.

One other I wanted to ask, are the plastic over elastic pants more durable than the others?

I like the Gray Plastic Pants. My favorite print is the Blue Carousel.

I had an issue with the side seam "popping" on my Baby Pants plastic pants and the issue was they where sized a little smaller or the size was a true size and that was why they did that. I went one size up. But I also found that Grays plastic pants are bigger for the size.

Thats what happened to my plastic pants aswell, the sied seam ripped. As its pretty costly for me to get these, I'm looking for ones that are durable as well. Mine ripped after 5-8 wearings

egor said:
I like the Gray Plastic Pants. My favorite print is the Blue Carousel.

I had an issue with the side seam "popping" on my Baby Pants plastic pants and the issue was they where sized a little smaller or the size was a true size and that was why they did that. I went one size up. But I also found that Grays plastic pants are bigger for the size.

I have these pink ones. Infact im wearing them now. Fit well over my rearz princess pink disposable

Gary products are generally good quality.

I'll look into the gary pants aswell. My mommy actually quite likes the Rearz high gloss one. If anyone has it, your review is much appreciated

RacerAce said:
Thats what happened to my plastic pants aswell, the sied seam ripped. As its pretty costly for me to get these, I'm looking for ones that are durable as well. Mine ripped after 5-8 wearings
Yep, too small.
All things considered, aren't you better off making your own? You'd then have your choice of styles, prints and materials as it's much easier to buy sheet material.

Well I would like that but the sheet material i can get here is just very basic stuff. I did size up on the pants that I got.

Maybe some tips that I can get for measurements, my waist is 37" and legs are 25", so if I'm to get the ones linked above should I get the large or the mediums?

RacerAce said:
Well I would like that but the sheet material i can get here is just very basic stuff. I did size up on the pants that I got.

Maybe some tips that I can get for measurements, my waist is 37" and legs are 25", so if I'm to get the ones linked above should I get the large or the mediums?
Yeah, it can be hard to get the exact material which you want, but you have to broaden your horizons on from where you buy. My mainstay of homemade pants have been made from things like shower curtains and mattress covers.
Despite living in a textile area, it's been hard to source the raw material of my liking. Things have improved greatly in the past couple of decades, though.

Size-wize, always size up (you can then reduce as needed). I'm about the size of a western 13yo and always buy adult XL as a starting point.
The Chinese brand, Haian, although mostly plain, are a good fitting over traditional nappies in XL size with elastications which won't bite into the skin.
Similarly, XL is a good starting point for Gary pants. (There's a profile pattern in my album)

ahan, well I'll search for more materials aswell. thanks for your input, really appreciate it

If the side seams pop out on the plastic pants, I have turned them inside out and carefully fold them extra seam plastic over and used a mattress stitch down and back to sow them up and they are good to go for a few more uses.

That is a great idea, I was also thinking of hot glueing or something with a hari straightener

RacerAce said:
That is a great idea, I was also thinking of hot glueing or something with a hari straightener
Sewing is safer for delicates 😉
I tried seam welding whilst making some pants, many years ago, using a dedicated mini-welder, but it was all a bit hit and miss (with plenty of over melting).

I used to do wagon curtain repair as part of my last job: much easier as the thickness of the vinyl makes it more forgiving under heat.

I did make a pair of pants which were two vinyl layers joined together, just to make a thicker material, using a standard clothes iron; a wet towel between the iron and the vinyl is needed.

This is some nice diy info im getting

I bought a pair of these. They seem a thicker than Gary and have covered elastics.

1589239701295.png

Reactions: Kayleigh
How one takes care of plastic pants may be the issue. I rinse mine in the shower. I don't put soap on them and they air dry hanging on a plastic hanger. The thicker ones will last me a long time.

Try Haian brand plastic pants. available lots of places and ebay also. They come in pull-on, snap-on and various colors and patterns. Available thick or thin, easy to care for, inexpensive, and last so just be aware of the ones you are buying.

Back