Customizing Diapers

freechris

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So this idea just popped into my head.
What if there was a way for us DLs to customize our own ideal diapers with each stash a perfect fit for each of us as individuals relative to our individual needs/desires? Don't get me wrong. Keep the current vendors like Bambino, ABU, Rearz, etc. But what if someone provided the option for you to "make your own diapers "? Kind of like Build-a-Bear, where you have the components, which form a diaper that performs well when worn. I see why that would be tricky but aside from that, after resolving the challenges, I think it would be a hit.
What do you guys think?

Reactions: DiscreetDL and Chosen
I think that would be an awesome idea, however I think for now it is only in stories

Reactions: Chosen
I pretty much dissect and recreate every brand I buy already so getting the components of the diaper separate and creating my own sounds enticing. It would make it much easier and faster for me to do what I do. It would take some doing to get through the logistics of packaging but it is entirely possible.

If you've got a printer, just buy some tattoo paper, print, and adhere. The trouble with a company offering a customization service is that most of what would be submitted would be copyrighted material. They'd be opening themselves up to all kinds of liability.

This is a cool idea, companies have a "Build-a-Diaper" section of their store where you decide what size color, design, thickness, and tapes and order them based on packs ans cases

Reactions: Abdl247
I just want a baby diaper that fits me not a adult diaper with fun prints.

Reactions: Chosen and theancientmariner
Customizable all around colors, cloth or plastic, 2 or 4 tapes, adhesive tapes or hook and loop, and maybe a scent or 2 to choose from.

freechris said:
So this idea just popped into my head.
What if there was a way for us DLs to customize our own ideal diapers with each stash a perfect fit for each of us as individuals relative to our individual needs/desires? Don't get me wrong. Keep the current vendors like Bambino, ABU, Rearz, etc. But what if someone provided the option for you to "make your own diapers "? Kind of like Build-a-Bear, where you have the components, which form a diaper that performs well when worn. I see why that would be tricky but aside from that, after resolving the challenges, I think it would be a hit.
What do you guys think?
Freaking cool idea! The only problem is that legit diaper production depends on giant machines that are not the easiest to make small batches on (they would require constantly stopping and starting a bunch of massive production machines. that causes a lot of wear on the parts, and increases maintenance costs). If I ever come across a small production set-up, I'd be the first in line to buy it!

Soooo, basically Bad Dragon but for diapers? 😃
FrankenBriefs said:
Freaking cool idea! The only problem is that legit diaper production depends on giant machines that are not the easiest to make small batches on (they would require constantly stopping and starting a bunch of massive production machines. that causes a lot of wear on the parts, and increases maintenance costs)
^^^Yep, this is the major downfall

Reactions: FrankenBriefs
FrankenBriefs said:
Freaking cool idea! The only problem is that legit diaper production depends on giant machines that are not the easiest to make small batches on (they would require constantly stopping and starting a bunch of massive production machines. that causes a lot of wear on the parts, and increases maintenance costs). If I ever come across a small production set-up, I'd be the first in line to buy it!
Well not really, currently the way they're made is by pressing the absorbent material into a pad to then be placed between the inner and outer shell and attached to each other then the tapes are put on along with the elastic around the edges, the whole process is designed for mass production the only problem would be the prints while things like thickness can be solved by adding in more absorbent material. If somthing like this was to be set up it could be done by having the customer choosing their design, thickness etc. and telling them that once payment is processed then their diapers will be custom made and shipped so they know that it will take longer than usual.

DiscreetDL said:
Well not really, currently the way they're made is by pressing the absorbent material into a pad to then be placed between the inner and outer shell and attached to each other then the tapes are put on along with the elastic around the edges, the whole process is designed for mass production the only problem would be the prints while things like thickness can be solved by adding in more absorbent material. If somthing like this was to be set up it could be done by having the customer choosing their design, thickness etc. and telling them that once payment is processed then their diapers will be custom made and shipped so they know that it will take longer than usual.
Heh! I am just saying, the amount of work that goes into setting up production like this, is pretty legit, and would more than likely either, break the bank, or require a ridiculous order of thousands of diapers. It would be amazing if this were currently possible, but I assure you, as a manufacturer, the process is so much more complicated than what you may think!

Chosen said:
Soooo, basically Bad Dragon but for diapers? 😃

^^^Yep, this is the major downfall
Those guys are geniuses! I am sure they have a set of master moulds that are making them $$$$$$$$$!

FrankenBriefs said:
Heh! I am just saying, the amount of work that goes into setting up production like this, is pretty legit, and would more than likely either, break the bank, or require a ridiculous order of thousands of diapers. It would be amazing if this were currently possible, but I assure you, as a manufacturer, the process is so much more complicated than what you may think!
Considering ABU has cut a few of their products for the time being I'm assuming its because of COVID and needing to slim down production, but after COVID if ABU could get the capital they could set up a non ABDL company to produce things like disposable nitrile gloves or somthing they could use that money to expand their production to include things like this, companies have done this before like Circuit City started Car Max

I would be surprised if they were manufacturing themselves vs. contracting a manufacturer in china. They are big, but still a small player when if comes to global diaper production. I am no sure, however, as I know very little about the company. can anyone GLOMAR?

FrankenBriefs said:
I would be surprised if they were manufacturing themselves vs. contracting a manufacturer in china. They are big, but still a small player when if comes to global diaper production. I am no sure, however, as I know very little about the company. can anyone GLOMAR?
ABU has a YouTube channel that they haven't posted on in like 10 years but it links to their Instagram and Twitter and there's a video of their Cushies production line and there's warning labels on the machines in Chinese so its possible they contract from some factory in China

Reactions: FrankenBriefs
I've printed custom landing zones with big kid graphics, such as: The Simpsons, Arthur (PBS), & Animaniacs.

Last edited:
Back