Cross dressing in public

LittleMaya said:
Very nice pieces. Respectfully, I would say the pants need 2" more in the inseam, and the deep V-neck with an under layer is a tad awkward. Perhaps your white button down shirt as the base layer would have a more natural flow. It does give you a very nice shape at the hips!
Most of these clothes come from 2nd hand shops so I cannot be too picky regarding size. I am 6'3" so even most of my men's pants end up too short in the inseam as well.

Sometimes I wear this sweater with a white turtleneck underneath. It does look better! Sometimes I show a bit of skin too, but today it is frigid and windy so keeping warm is more important ☺️.

I will eventually invest in some tall size pants, I promise! 😁

I am not a very fashionable person, in general. Maybe in due time. Honestly everyone who knows me knows I am dorky and just having fun being me. I appreciate your candid thoughts and critiques. 😁

Reactions: Woncrinklz
DiaperedFootballGirl said:
Neutral colors or even if you wear bright colors you just wear clothing that could be worn by either gender. A pair of jeans blue, black, pink, yellow, etc. with a women’s top too. Lace undershirts, a long sleeve shirt that’s big enough or a hoodie you can wear a bra under and be discreet. There are various ways and unless you’re undressing in front of people you’re good. Tights under pants…more so when it’s cold lol. Hope that helps.
Great help thank you 😍

Reactions: KittyninjaW
It's been a long time since I was crossdressing out in public (I was a teenager when I was doing it, I'm now in my 50's). It's hard to remember everything about it, but there were some simple things that I still remember.

1. Unless you've got a special occasion, don't go extravagant and over the top. Dress the same way you would expect someone of that gender and age to dress.
2. Once dressed up and out and about, take a few minutes to get your bearings and take a few deep breaths. Get somewhere and just watch people and you'll see most of them are too self-absorbed in their own little world to pay close attention to you where they might figure out what is going on.
3. Do take some time to watch how the opposite gender holds themselves, how they walk, etc. and practice it a bit before you go out. A big tell can come from having a dainty vs. heavy gait, or sitting down and not paying attention to differences there (women will smooth their skirt or dress under them and sit with knees together or crossed where most guys will just plop down).
4. The more worked up and worried you are about passing, the less likely you will pass. That stress is a magnet for people's eyes.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Freddie07601, Diapersntights and 2 others
WetEmily said:
Any recommendations? I actually need to find cold-weather leggings but most the stuff I see on Amazon is athletic wear and very clearly branded as such. I really don't like wearing leggings clearly marked as Under Armour beneath a dress when I'm going out to dinner with my wife. I just plain black (but also made for, you know, zero degree weather with brisk wind).

I think you would like fleece lined tights.

Reactions: Angelapinks
Dress to be comfortable and most of all to fit in. If everyone is wearing slacks, don’t be the only one wearing a dress or skirt .

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Angelapinks
BabySpiderman said:
Hi Diaper44! I am not strictly a "sissy" but I think gender is meant to be played around with.. and I love to express myself. My ideal gender would be for someone to look at me and say "that's a man in a dress." So anyway, I love to wear things that would be right up this alley. The pictures I'm adding aren't exactly things I own, but close. The t-shirt dresses are my favorite, and if you get them in neutral colors and wear them with sneakers & a loose pair of leggings (to leave room for padding hehe).. you get exactly my style. These are some pretty discreet ways to dress up for public, I love the look and feel of a good "masculine dress"!

IView attachment 87666View attachment 87665
I had not heard the term "masculine dress" before. I like it! I wear garments not too dissimilar from these because they are comfortable. It would be nice to be able to wear something like this, perhaps with a slightly lower hem, in public. But I don't know that our culture will ever be ready to accept that.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua
GatoChihuahua said:
Most of these clothes come from 2nd hand shops so I cannot be too picky regarding size. I am 6'3" so even most of my men's pants end up too short in the inseam as well.
You're not 6' 3"... you're 5' 15" :LOL:

I've found dress pants in 35" inseams, and jeans even in 37" inseams. It's out there. :)))
I know having a long torso makes shirt and sweater buying tricky too, but you're not the only very tall woman on the planet. ;)

TrickCyclist said:
I'd have a hard time passing as a female as I'm tall, hairy and have a deep voice. Last night I went out with knickers, bodysuit and leggings under my 'normal' man's clothes. Nobody knew so not really public. I have a pair of women's lycra leggings that I wear when cycling and that's just about the only public cross dressing I do. Not very daring, I know.
It's a start as they say :) & is very daring until such a time as your comfortable with it. takes times, but good on you :)

GatoChihuahua said:

Sometimes I wear this sweater with a white turtleneck underneath. It does look better! Sometimes I show a bit of skin too, but today it is frigid and windy so keeping warm is more important ☺️.

I will eventually invest in some tall size pants, I promise! 😁

I am not a very fashionable person, in general. Maybe in due time. Honestly everyone who knows me knows I am dorky and just having fun being me. I appreciate your candid thoughts and critiques. 😁
Consider crossing the cross-dress catalog aisle and order in the TALL sizing (Lane Byrant - Catherines - Roamans - Women Within etc.).

YES you will have to watch the proportions in sizing -
tops having shorter arms and hem lines -
pants trousers some skirts may not accommodate bulky diapers pads other soakers -
Know your measurements and use the sizing charts
AND then the prices and shipping & handling - may NOT be within budget !

I used to cross dress when I was in my teens. my sis used to help me with my make n stuff.

• Thinking
Reactions: Ali123, GatoChihuahua, rbm and 5 others
I cross dress pretty much every day. I identify as non-binary or genderqueer. Wearing "feminine" clothes makes me feel comfortable in my own skin. My typical daily wear is leggings with knee high boots and a t-shirt and either a jacket or hoodie over the top. I'm also fond of "handkerchief skirts" with nylons. Most people don't care. The occasional older man will sneer. Beyond clothing, I don't do much to present femme. I wear my hair long, but still wear a beard.

I'm going to break with the advice of some of the other folks in this thread: don't hesitate or feel ashamed of dressing the way you want to dress. Assert your right to wear what you want. Others will try to instill fear into you--that not conforming to gendered clothing expectations is inappropriate. I disagree. If it's what you want to do, and you live in a country where you are free to, try it out and see if you like it.

Being out and proud is powerful.

• Love
Reactions: RachelOlivia, LittleMaya, GatoChihuahua and 6 others
ben0510 said:
I used to cross dress when I was in my teens. my sis used to help me with my make n stuff.
thanks for the likes. I can give more info if you message me.

I only dress at home, would love to have the courage to go out dressed. I went out on my balcony the other night in full fem mode, i have a full on beard so if anyone saw they would instantly know and that was terrifying. Im going to shave the beard and try my hand at some makeup this thanks giving weekend.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, PinkDiaperSissy, OriginalWetone and 5 others
Kilt for public when wearing, it goes without trouble in my neck of the woods. Uh, leggings under shorts, like on a cold day, sports-like biking ones, real easy. Pantyhose under jeans, but very itchy. Sports bras for my flab and I get away with it!!! (I'm really not "fat", just could drop some pounds. lol.)
But everyone has grand ideas. The funny thing is, I have been wearing so many different gender clothes all my life, I forgot what side based on gender the zippers and buttons are supposed to stand for. I better google it so I get the right stuff on during the right garb, or really does it matter? I just put on what I'm in the mood for.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Seasonedcitizen and Happy2BeInNappies2
ben0510 said:
thanks for the likes. I can give more info if you message me.
My sister helped me dress up once for Halloween. Almost all her clothes accept for my tights and panties. She never asked where I got them from but knew they were not hers.

• Love
Reactions: GatoChihuahua, TrickCyclist and Seasonedcitizen
DownLow said:
I only dress at home, would love to have the courage to go out dressed. I went out on my balcony the other night in full fem mode, i have a full on beard so if anyone saw they would instantly know and that was terrifying. Im going to shave the beard and try my hand at some makeup this thanks giving weekend.
At one time, in California of course, there was a group that would dress as drag queens but wear beards. They called it "gender-fuck" and it didn't last long. It was long before the gender tolerance of today and I'm surprised someone hasn't brought it back. Maybe we could add another letter to the alphabet zoo LGBT has turned into.

DownLow said:

Circa 1996 I was made up in "drag" to attend a midnight screening of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" by some lovely ladies at Smith College. I shaved my legs for the fishnets and velour minidress, but kept my goatee. I insisted! My makeup artist was not happy, but I was supposed to be attending as a guy in drag, not another woman with five other women.

The ladies wore slips, negligees, night gowns, etc. We rode the bus to the theater, mingled for an hour, watched the show, after-partied, and rode the bus home right before the cracking dawn.
I had no idea what gender fluid meant back then, and had been a long time "partial" crossdresser (since maybe 7 or 8 ) where I might wear heels/shoes, or lipstick, or a blouse, etc. but not all together to "pass".

That was my first public obviously cross-dressed experience. There was some heckling, and I was called the F-word by some teenagers . There's always disapproving glares, where the person prolongs their scowl to make sure you have noticed them glaring, and that you are aware of their "very important" opinion.

This sort of thing will never go away completely (even though it's so much better now), but what has changed are the increased numbers of smiles I see every day. I notice them more and more over the malcontents, and maybe it's because I am more content and comfortable than ever.

I used to be considered a kook, queer, or pervert, but now my ID says non-binary like it's always been an accepted thing.

• Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Seasonedcitizen, PinkDiaperSissy and 3 others
Back