Full Time U-IC DL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Every 2 months I place my diaper order
240 Abena L4 (plastic version)
Last few years it seems like every order the price continues to increase.
Not just at my medical supply store I order from but everywhere I look.
Sometimes it's just a couple dollars per order but it's not stopping.
I am paying $40 more per order now than this exact same time last year 🙁

Its getting ridiculous

Reactions: Diprs2, Canadianfalls, PadPhilosopher and 6 others
Which is why I'm using cloth more and more often. I also have a Tesla sitting in my driveway. Same premise; I dislike paying again and again for things I need. The initial outlay may hurt, but it's a one-time thing.

Reactions: mistykitty, PadPhilosopher, EcoIncon and 2 others
That's definitely a way to go. Buy once cry once.
Though where I am in my life right now I can't do cloth. Not from a cost aspect. With my job I can be gone 1-2 weeks with no access to washing that just doesn't work with cloth.
So I will keep paying the inflation monster

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, artemisenterri and Jonnythepony
You might consider a pocket diaper and disposable inserts. You can rinse the pocket diaper cover out in a hotel room, and inserts are much cheaper than buying diapers ... about half the price, in most cases.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and EcoIncon
I notice some diaper bundles are now 10 or even 8 in a pack now...as they say shrinkflation.

• Sad
Reactions: mistykitty, PadPhilosopher, artemisenterri and 1 other person
it's more ridiculous , the abri form X plus in made in Europe , in Danemark , but you can't buy the plastic version in Europe
The brand said : The plastic version is discontinued

Also the price of the Diapers is based on the Pulp papper stock exchange

• Wow
Reactions: Rezzu, PadPhilosopher, Pino and 1 other person
diaperminister said:
it's more ridiculous , the abri form X plus in made in Europe , in Danemark , but you can't buy the plastic version in Europe
The brand said : The plastic version is discontinued

Also the price of the Diapers is based on the Pulp papper stock exchange
well im so ever thankful that in Canada we can still buy Abena plastic version

Intresting that the price has jumped due to pulp prices yet Tena & Depends are still the same price 🤔

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Pino
MikeDJ said:
I notice some diaper bundles are now 10 or even 8 in a pack now...as they say shrinkflation.
Thankfully mine are still 12 in a pack (for now)
hopefully doesn't change

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Could be related to importation taxes or fees. Everything is going up in price theses days. I miss 2018.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, artemisenterri and SparkyDog
I am ordering over my insurance tomorrow, i will see what the prices did in the last six month.
Betterdry already got up from 0,95 Euro to 1,54 a piece from my last order (6m) to now. That's a lot.
The Canadian brand InCorntrol is now very close in pricing to the Betterdry for me, at 1,94 Euro a piece.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and EcoIncon
sbmccue said:
You might consider a pocket diaper and disposable inserts. You can rinse the pocket diaper cover out in a hotel room, and inserts are much cheaper than buying diapers ... about half the price, in most cases.
I also have a Tesla sitting in my driveway and have converted to cloth (mostly).

@SparkyDog, my last business trip was a 3 week affair. I took the same approach @sbmccue mentions here. I took 7 pocket diaper covers, 52 disposable inserts and 4 reusable inserts. I wore MegaMax at night that I had delivered to the hotel. Each night I rinsed the cover and 2 of the reusable inserts (I did use some shampoo to help wash the cloth inserts once a week) in the sink and hung them in the closet on those clothes pin style hangers they have at hotels. The covers never smelled funky and I saved about $80 versus what I would have used in disposables.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
Yeah I noticed this too. Crinklz used to be my favorite affordable alternative and are now about the same price as more premium diapers.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and Pino
everything in life goes up. very little ever goes down in price. the only thing one can do is look out for the special offers and stock up then. same as I do with beer!

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
EcoIncon said:
I also have a Tesla sitting in my driveway and have converted to cloth (mostly).

@SparkyDog, my last business trip was a 3 week affair. I took the same approach @sbmccue mentions here. I took 7 pocket diaper covers, 52 disposable inserts and 4 reusable inserts. I wore MegaMax at night that I had delivered to the hotel. Each night I rinsed the cover and 2 of the reusable inserts (I did use some shampoo to help wash the cloth inserts once a week) in the sink and hung them in the closet on those clothes pin style hangers they have at hotels. The covers never smelled funky and I saved about $80 versus what I would have used in disposables.
Definitely appreciate the tips good system you have
Hopefully can do that one day
unfortunately it can't work for my current situation when I am away but could work at home

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and EcoIncon
I've been able to rely on Wallmart (Canada) so far. The price of the TENA Super briefs and the TENA Ultimate Extra pull-ups seem to have remained at the lowest costs in my area for quite some time now. Someday, it will increase but so far, so good!
  • TENA Super M briefs: $CA 29.97 for 24 ($ 1.25 ea)
  • TENA Ultimate Extra M pull-ups" $CA 29.97 for 28 ($ 1.08 ea)
I've been unable to beat this deal anywhere in Canada. The best part is that I pay no shipping because I can buy them right at the store. And I like the self-checkout feature for reduced embarrassment.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and SparkyDog
slimjiminy said:
I've been able to rely on Wallmart (Canada) so far. The price of the TENA Super briefs and the TENA Ultimate Extra pull-ups seem to have remained at the lowest costs in my area for quite some time now. Someday, it will increase but so far, so good!
I've been unable to beat this deal anywhere in Canada. The best part is that I pay no shipping because I can buy them right at the store. And I like the self-checkout feature for reduced embarrassment.
Here in the US, it is rare to find names other than Depend, Poise, Always, and the Walmart store brand in-store on the shelves... The only time I've seen TENA products has been the women's pads and overnight underwear, never any of their briefs...

Everything is getting up there cost wise even material. When material gets costly the products made from it go up to.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and artemisenterri
slimjiminy said:
Those are good prices for sure
unfortunately Tena has never worked well for me with my level of IC

I just miss the days of paying 1 dollar per Abena L4
but like has been said prices arnt going to come down 😥

mistykitty said:
Everything is getting up there cost wise even material. When material gets costly the products made from it go up to.
But let's not forget the fact that continually adding more currency into circulation devalues each unit (dollar, Euro, pound, franc, etc) that was already IN circulation, and in turn forces an increase in the number of currency units required to complete a purchase...

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and mistykitty
artemisenterri said:
But let's not forget the fact that continually adding more currency into circulation devalues each unit (dollar, Euro, pound, franc, etc) that was already IN circulation, and in turn forces an increase in the number of currency units required to complete a purchase...
Very true

Back