Controversial but I don't like BetterDry.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Am I alone?

The wetness doesn't distribute to the back of the pad so you end up with all the wetness at the front and this makes it oversaturated and likely to leak. The back stays totally dry. I don't think they wick good either.

The cosmetics I don't like. They are too much like AB nappies and they are expensive.

Give me something like Molicare Slip Maxi. I love the stuffing in these as the wetness goes to the back and gives me a damp bottom which I love.

I just tried Forma-Care Comfort Slip Supers. Boy, these are amazing. Made in Germany. Says not to ruffle them up, just fold them length ways. The stuffing soft and nice juts like Molicare Slip Supers. I ordered 3 more cases. And they are cheap too.

Reactions: Quanon and Diaperedsparky
I'm not going to say you're all alone in your opinions, but I respectfully disagree - I really like BetterDry diapers. I love their crinkle and how much they swell up front when wet. I am not sure how I have accomplished it, but I have been able to get the wetness to spread to the back. Have you worn them to the point that they actually leak but are still dry in the back? If so, that has not been my experience.

Reactions: BJsTyLeZ, 2012Stroke, ElPulpo and 2 others
I never really have issues with wicking, perhaps your wearing the wrong size or taping to tight? I find with almost all adult diapers the bottom tapes should never land on the padding portion of the plastic, they should only really stay on the wing, the top tapes can be tighten down straight across your hip bone / pelvis. If the diaper is slightly to big then the bottom tapes should be angled up and the top tapes should cover the bottom tapes completely.

Reactions: chrischrischris
I guess if its a problem depends on your anatomy. Its true that the Betterdry doesnt distribute the wetness as good as other diapers (Molicare was a good example because I think it is really good at this) but for me it is enough because my pee comes far down and not in the front so the wetness can go in both directions.

Reactions: chrischrischris
I wanted to like betterdry/crinklz but they just don't work for me, the medium size is too small for me and cuts into my legs and the large size is so big on me it's impossible to tape it tight enough to get a good enough seal on the leg gathers where they don't leak. Not really the diapers fault but I definitely wish they made a size between medium and large (size regular) like some other diaper brands do. Other than that I like the materials, quality and feel of them as well as the prints on the crinklz. Hopefully with this mainly plant based diet I'm on I can one day fit into the medium size and give them a fair shake!

Reactions: Babydoc
I don’t mind Betterdry at all and still buy them from time to time but I do much prefer Formacare Comfort Slip Supers and Drylife XPlus (L4) precisely because they have the right capacity for me and they wick.

I also prefer the plastic and they’re more comfortable.

I think it’s a matter of personal preference. Some people prefer swelling to wicking.

I prefer wicking for that 80s style “slightly wet bottom” feeling.

Reactions: tiny and BigKid25
BetterDry is one of my preferred diapers. But it's not my absolute favorite. I like the fit and feel of it, both inside and out. Don't think I've had a problem with the wicking, but I also try not to flood any of my diapers too much anyway. My biggest letdown is how thick it is. It has great performance and the waist bands are awesome, but I like being able to feel myself through the diaper which is where Tranquility ATN is my preferred plastic backed play diaper.

Molicaire Super Plus is a great balance for performance, fit, feel and thickness but the lack of the elastic waistband let's leaks happen often. Never a perfect diaper to be found, just ones that serve different purposes for different moods.

I have been using Crinklz/Betterdry for the past 2 years. Most of the wetness distribution is a function of how tight you tape the diaper on and what position you are in when peeing.

I've got the back saturated plenty of times and that's mostly when I'm actively doing something. If I'm just sitting while wearing one it just doesn't happen, but it DOES hold at least 3-4 large wettings just from the front alone.

Last edited:
quartz200420012 said:
I have been using Crinklz/Betterdry for the past 2 years. Most of the wetness distribution is a function of how tight you tape the diaper on and what position you are in when peeing.

I've got the back saturated plenty of times and that's mostly when I'm actively doing something. If I'm just sitting while wearing one it just doesn't happen, but it DOES hold at least 3-4 large wettings just from the front alone.

Yeah, the Crinklz are pretty great. The best I've gotten from one (Aquanaut) is 2,940 ml / 99 fl oz.

BigKid25 said:
BetterDry is one of my preferred diapers. But it's not my absolute favorite. I like the fit and feel of it, both inside and out. Don't think I've had a problem with the wicking, but I also try not to flood any of my diapers too much anyway. My biggest letdown is how thick it is. It has great performance and the waist bands are awesome, but I like being able to feel myself through the diaper which is where Tranquility ATN is my preferred plastic backed play diaper.

Molicaire Super Plus is a great balance for performance, fit, feel and thickness but the lack of the elastic waistband let's leaks happen often. Never a perfect diaper to be found, just ones that serve different purposes for different moods.
You should try the BetterDry Day diapers. They are totally awesome. Very similar to the ATN but a higher quality. Plus they have the elastic waist in the front and rear.

• Wow
Reactions: EcoIncon, BigKid25 and tails1234
SofiaInPampers said:
You should try the BetterDry Day diapers. They are totally awesome. Very similar to the ATN but a higher quality. Plus they have the elastic waist in the front and rear.

I didn't know these existed. Thanks!

Reactions: SofiaInPampers
I love better dry they're more experience than others . But they tick my boxes .
I have wasted lots of money on cheap nappies that ended up in the bin , to me waisted cheap nappies turn out more expensive . So I stick with better dry can't afford to chuck nappies away .
Hopefully that makes sense

Reactions: SofiaInPampers and 2012Stroke
KenworthW900b said:
I wanted to like betterdry/crinklz but they just don't work for me, the medium size is too small for me and cuts into my legs and the large size is so big on me it's impossible to tape it tight enough to get a good enough seal on the leg gathers where they don't leak. Not really the diapers fault but I definitely wish they made a size between medium and large (size regular) like some other diaper brands do. Other than that I like the materials, quality and feel of them as well as the prints on the crinklz. Hopefully with this mainly plant based diet I'm on I can one day fit into the medium size and give them a fair shake!
Agreed. I can just about make medium work. I think anyone with larger thighs has a problem.

Reactions: SofiaInPampers and chrischrischris
Betterdry are my preferred nappies. I used to have a problem with wicking to the rear. However since using a booster which gives me even more capacity, it wicks to the rear.

Reactions: SofiaInPampers and chrischrischris
I like BetteryDry/Crinklz but I can confirm all the negatives I've read in this thread do apply. They don't wick well, but I also agree they wick better if I wear them looser. The medium is almost too small but it also fits like a glove and feels like good fitting underwear, so that's good but bad when I want to feel securely diapered. The large is way too large so I agree with that too, but I've found a way to tape it such that it works out pretty well while I'm in bed but it leaks if I'm up or sitting down. The Crinklz prints are nice and overall I've found these tend NOT to leak whereas many others will and it doesn't matter if you flood or trickle especially on the first wetting. I get real utility out my diapers sitting on conference calls and in that setting leaks are difficult to deal with so I appreciate that BD/Crinklz really try hard not to leak. In the end I don't think there's a single diaper that would fit everybody well, too many body variations. It's a pain spending the money and effort to find a brand that works but it's worth it.

I was not super impressed with them for the cost. The plastic back is soft but it stretches and loosens it is not a horrible diaper but Mega Max is still my go too. It reminded me a lot of a dry 24/7. I like the reinforced landing strip on my MM though and the fit . The Better Dry feels like they are wet before full to me. I mean when they are almost full they start to feel wet next to the skin. The same issue I have with the rearz I bought this month. Not a bad diaper just not as good as Northshores flagship diaper. But they all fit us different and I have used way way worse.

I’ve never had an issue with wicking. I suppose that could be due to the difference in anatomy.

• Thinking
Reactions: EcoIncon and chrischrischris
SofiaInPampers said:
I’ve never had an issue with wicking. I suppose that could be due to the difference in anatomy.
Diapers are so much better designed for women.

• Haha
Reactions: BJsTyLeZ, EcoIncon, Diaperman95 and 2 others
bobbilly said:
Am I alone?

The wetness doesn't distribute to the back of the pad so you end up with all the wetness at the front and this makes it oversaturated and likely to leak. The back stays totally dry. I don't think they wick good either.

The cosmetics I don't like. They are too much like AB nappies and they are expensive.

Give me something like Molicare Slip Maxi. I love the stuffing in these as the wetness goes to the back and gives me a damp bottom which I love.

I just tried Forma-Care Comfort Slip Supers. Boy, these are amazing. Made in Germany. Says not to ruffle them up, just fold them length ways. The stuffing soft and nice juts like Molicare Slip Supers. I ordered 3 more cases. And they are cheap too.
The only betterdry product Ive tried is crinklz I believe. I do not like crinkles mainly because I feel it does not have enough squish when full. Compared to abu and tykables diapers it feels tough

Reactions: bobbilly
I'm not a fan of better dry or crinkles. I almost always pull a tape off. Also the absorbent core pulls loose when well used. I always use a booster so the capacity is never an issue.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Back