Containing #2

L2Sci

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Which diapers best contain the #2 in your experience?

I know taller leak guards tend to be better like megamax but what has work best/matters more for you?

Reactions: Jorelaxed
From my experience, either Tall or full cut coverage diapers will contain any bowel movement.
Trest, NRU, Megamax, Rearz, Incontrol, basically any premium abdl diaper will be good for it.🙂

Most higher end diapers will hold fecal quite well
but if you have diarrhea most are useless
I am full time U-IC but do have the occasional BM accident and my Abena L4 holds it just fine

remember to change & clean as quickly as possible after a BM accident as sitting in fecal mater isn't very good for your skin

Reactions: Jonnythepony, greatlake5 and Jorelaxed
SparkyDog said:
... but if you have diarrhea most are useless
I so wish that wasn't the case! That's the only F-IC I have to worry about.

I've got away with pull-ups so far, but I've never had to drive home after the accident. When away from home for 3+ hours, I'll wear a plastic backed brief, plastic pants and a compression pant just in case. I feel like the Michelin Man that way but that's about all I can do if the worst should happen.

Any ABDL diaper such as Tykables and ABU are the best for containing poop because those babyish designs makes me feel like I pooped in a big baby diaper.

A diaper, not a pull up.

Pull-ups are meant for bladder incontinence where a full coverage tape on diaper is meant for both bladder and bowel incontinence.

Reactions: bigtoddler96 and SparkyDog
SparkyDog said:
Most higher end diapers will hold fecal quite well
but if you have diarrhea most are useless
I am full time U-IC but do have the occasional BM accident and my Abena L4 holds it just fine

remember to change & clean as quickly as possible after a BM accident as sitting in fecal mater isn't very good for your skin
I still have a few cases of Confidry 24/7's but for my "go-to" diaper is now Abena 4L. Most of my BM's happen while sleeping or the morning. When I'm sleeping I also wear a Eternadry contour booster (2 XL / 27" x 10.5"). I wish Abena made an XL diaper. But to be honest they work fine. BM's when sleeping, the diaper and my booster contains the load (I use psyllium husk fiber supplement and I usually have a fairly large poop). Often I will have another in the morning (and sometimes I haven't had one yet while sleeping). Either way the diaper along with that large booster, they usually contain the mess. I wet pretty heavy during sleep (and during the day) so during bedtime I always add the booster.

Nowididit said:
A diaper, not a pull up.

Pull-ups are meant for bladder incontinence where a full coverage tape on diaper is meant for both bladder and bowel incontinence.
I agree and I know that. But I find the pull-up much more convenient since I still make use of the toilet (yes, I have used a toilet with a brief, but it is less convenient). If the F-IC was a more frequent occurrence, I would change that.

I just found out that Abena "premium" diaper (cloth back) makes them in XL (extra large). I think this "slip" in XL, they might fit better when I use my favorite booster (2 XL Eternadry contour booster). I always use plastic pants when I get into bed. So it doesn't really matter if they are cloth back. I think with an XL diaper and XL booster, I will know that my diaper will always be contained.

Reactions: SparkyDog
greatlake5 said:
I just found out that Abena "premium" diaper (cloth back) makes them in XL (extra large). ... So it doesn't really matter if they are cloth back.
I use the TENA (NA) Super cloth-backed with plastic pants overnight. I've occasionally tried various plastic backed diapers over time and always returned to the TENA Supers. Not only are these most economical (Wallmart) but they are comfortable, even when wet. Additionally, I think that the only plastic in them is in the tabs.

I know most folks sing the praises of the plastic backed diaper, but for bedtime use, I just don't get it. There is perhaps more of an issue with them loosening in the day time, but compression pants can solve that issue.

bigtoddler96 said:
Any ABDL diaper such as Tykables and ABU are the best for containing poop because those babyish designs makes me feel like I pooped in a big baby diaper.
I agree 100%. The cute prints are extra-comforting.

• Love
Reactions: bigtoddler96
Nowididit said:
A diaper, not a pull up.

This is why we need full coverage adult pull-ups so we can finally get some ABDL pull-ups that can hold both pee and poop.

TBH, any diaper will be able to contain a mess just fine. I’ve never had a problem with leaks from a BM. But also keep in mind I only buy Abdl diapers, not anything cheap.

If it has leak guards, you’ll be fine.

Reactions: espectro
I think most diapers with leak guards work. plastic back is slightly better at containing odor, what is referred to as "waddle cut" (wider crotch) helps, but a diaper blow-out is always possible with a substantially loaded diaper with soft poopy. Currently my morning Abena M4 plastic back diaper is very wet and messy with no leaks. I am sitting here with a delightfully warm, lumpy, squishy mess in my diaper that is remaining nicely contained in my diaper for several hours of pleasurable sensations before I change.

Reactions: James1234
If I still want to move around and play in it I need to use magamex

I can also use a go Supreme and just sit in it but in a big load I'll need to stand until I clean my self up

For a normal BM I can use my goodnites xl but not always can I sit in it, BTW goodnites is doing a very good job by controlling the odor

Any diaper in my experience holds good for number 2s. It doesn’t flow like urine so never had trouble containing it. You will be better off getting plastic backed diapers, they seem to have better odor control and generally better. I guess a higher waisted one would help if you’re worried about it rising up and I find it helps if the diaper is a little loose at the back so there’s space for your mess to go. I would avoid pull-ups though, I have gone in them without any problem but changed straight away, they never feel very secure

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude
I'm 24/7 and use my diaper 100%, and I've found MegaMax diapers work best for me. I could wear medium due to their sizing, but I prefer the large, so my diaper goes further up my back, wider crotch, and larger seat area. All of these reasons have helped me contain some rather large #2 loads, and sometimes for an extended period of time. And I've tried other diapers such as Rearz, ABU, Tykeables, and never had a #2 blowout.
I think if one is going to run a marathon, or do strenuous activities and wear for a long period, no diaper would be able to contain a huge mess in some situations. Also, it seems some ABDLs like to wear a messy diaper for long periods of time, that could case issues for sure. For me, 2-3 hours is max I can wear my messy diaper.

Reactions: CrossfireHurricane
NorthwestDiaperDude said:
For me, 2-3 hours is max I can wear my messy diaper.
Typically I use Abena (plastic backed) but MegaMax are good and I've used them before. My BM's are usually when I'm in bed or the morning (~50% to 50%). Because I also take Metamucil (fiber supplement), they often make fairly large messes, But to be honest, I can't remember the last time I had a blowout. I also use Tranquility contour booster when sleeping (and sometimes during the day when I can't change). Whether I wear my usual Abena with or without a booster, they contain any big mess. Especially when bedtime. During the day I try to change my diaper when they are dirty. But sometimes I'm unable to change (I'm a teacher) so sometimes I end up sitting in a messy load for a couple of hours (thanks for Nullo and plastic pants). I've never been called out with a dirty diaper. Still, I prefer to change when I can.

Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude
My Sunday morning diaper is very wet and would also qualify as a massive messy diaper. During the George W. Bush administration and the Iraq War there was mistaken information on weapons of mass destruction (WMD) but there is no mistake that I have a massive messy diaper (MMD). The diaper is a AB Universe Cushies Ultra plastic back diaper that if I believe is/was a limited production. As I said, I was fortunate to have a massive poopy this morning and now that I am sitting here I have a super squish in my diaper. All is good, everything is contained without a diaper blowout. As long as my mess remains in the bottom and back of my diaper I won't change for several hours, and will even get my morning exercise in my wet and verrrry poopy diapee. If, however, my poopy squishes to the front of my diaper, I will have to change. I am very cautious about the risks of contracting a UTI from Escherichia coli bacteria. I am hoping that the mess in my diaper does not squish to the front so that I can enjoy my warm squishy diaper for several hours.

Last edited:
I think any will do the trick, but get a bulky one if thou triest to move a lot or sit down.

In my case, I hardly ever had any problem and I use pull-on nappies. If so, I started to leak a little bit down my leg, but I could clean it very easily and rush to the restroom.

Back