diaperfooties

🍼
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I am wondering if anyone has expirnce with coming out to a close friend. I have a good friend that I know very well and we live in different states but message each other a lot.

I have thought of this many times but I just done know if it is just too wierd.

I think it depends on the friend and circumstances. My default response is that the only people who need to know about this are other ABDLs and your SO. The reality is a little more nuanced. I have a friend I have considered telling. I'm not particularly worried about his reaction. He is sex-positive and well-experienced. The only reason I would bring it up is because he might have some interesting insights and he might be intrigued to question a live one.

The point is that it varies and you know your friends best. I think the important thing is to think about what you expect to gain from telling and what the effects might be for your friend. If, after looking at it as objectively as you can, you think it would be beneficial, go for it.

I think the biggest thing to question is why you want them to know and what their response will be. After you tell them do you think they'll see you in the same light or whenever you talk to them will you feel like they're judging you. Personally the reason I always decide not to tell my parents about it even though it remains a major stressor for me since I have to hide it, I just think of sitting down for dinner with them or having a friendly conversation, and I just don't think it would be the same after, and I would not be okay with it.

Remember that once you've told them you can never take it back, so if there's any real chance it could backfire, you may lose that friend for good

Personal things should be on a need to know basis.

I did to my best friend. I had just joined ADISC and on the phone I mentioned I was on a blog site. He asked me which one and then I paused. Since he was my SO in college, I knew I could tell him so I did. The last time I talked to him, he asked me if I was still involved with ADISC. I wondered if he wanted to know if I was still on the site, or still into diapers. Anyway, I said yes.

All of my friends except for a few none really care if I am wearing diapers

I ended up telling a number of my close and trusted friends in the past year or so, and each time it was met with acceptance. I've also told my siblings and ended up telling my parents (not something I planned on but it happened) -- I was fortunate: acceptance there, too. With my sibs and parents, I kind of knew they would ultimately be okay with it because of how accepting they were towards one of my brothers who came out as a gay about 15 years back. Heck, the whole family went to his wedding! I think if you know and trust the people, it is likely to be okay. That said, be wise about who you tell in the same way you'd be wise about who you share other vulnerable parts of yourself with.

Topex said:
I think the biggest thing to question is why you want them to know and what their response will be. After you tell them do you think they'll see you in the same light or whenever you talk to them will you feel like they're judging you. Personally the reason I always decide not to tell my parents about it even though it remains a major stressor for me since I have to hide it, I just think of sitting down for dinner with them or having a friendly conversation, and I just don't think it would be the same after, and I would not be okay with it.

Remember that once you've told them you can never take it back, so if there's any real chance it could backfire, you may lose that friend for good
I am not sure exactly why we have been very close and told each other many very personal things. I am not sure if it would bring us closer or not. I think as well another reason I want to is to kind of get it off my chest so to speak. Most likely I will never tell anyone unless it is needed.

You know your own situation and friend the best.

Just really think of the reason you need to come out to him

On the best side of things you could end up having a caregive/Daddy/Big brother figger.

That is actually up for hoping you into little space.

A worst case scenario is that you lose a long-term friend.

And he tells everybody else that's your abdl.

Just really think things through before you do it kiddo.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
siysiy said:
You know your own situation and friend the best.

Just really think of the reason you need to come out to him

On the best side of things you could end up having a caregive/Daddy/Big brother figger.

That is actually up for hoping you into little space.

A worst case scenario is that you lose a long-term friend.

And he tells everybody else that's your abdl.

Just really think things through before you do it kiddo.
Naw she is a really great person she would never tell anyone and I don't think I would lose her as a friend. I know she is not into abdl at all.

Two of my friends have most probably guessed I'm into diapers. One commented to me when I vague-posted about receiving a huge package "It's probably diapers" (and they were right!!?!? lmao!) and other one suggested I put on diapers when I complained being late for stomach problems (I was wearing that day, and had an accident in fact and was late for cleaning myself up)
They seemed to be very lighthearted about this matter, and I'm sure they would not mind if I told them, but I'm choosing not to. I want to keep this thing personal, since I'm known in my friend circles as a bit of a wild guy, and I'm afraid people's thoughts about me would be, that I do this for a fetish or sexual gratification.. which I do not do. I've had to wear around ppl I know because of my health problems and I don't want them to think I'm wearing around them for sexual purposes, ever.
I don't involve ppl into anything they don't want to be a part of..

So yeah, that's my two cents, maybe even five.
Like, do you know how they think of ABDL people in general? Would they judge you or misunderstand? What would you gain or lose by telling?
I don't think it's very constructive to tell people about being into this lifestyle if there is not a meaningful connection to be made, there's just too much to misunderstand.

I told my best friend, and it opened up a whole new door for me. She encouraged me to live my lifestyle no matter what others may think. She even offered to help me buy a bottle and even feed it to me ten minutes into our talk. Actually, a few months later, she did give me my first bottle and helped me buy all my toys, pacifiers and diapers. I still have a little anxiety about what other people think, but all have been loving and understanding. Telling people has been very helpful for me. Katie

I disagree with most peoples views here; most members have more experience and knowledge than I do but I look at my DL/Little lifestyle as... wait for it.... a lifestyle .... it's not a sex fetish that I engage in a few days a week for a few minutes in my bedroom.

Every week there is someone new to ADISC seeking advice on how to come out; but tenured and new members here always say "why tell anyone" "diapers are a sex fetish keep it secret" "do you tell you mom what colour your underwear is?" etc...

CLEARLY AND EVIDENTLY ABDLs WANT TO COME OUT - ABDL is different than a sex fetish and there is a natural desire for many of us to want to let our friends and family know about our little side, it helps friends and family understand us and view us the way we want to be understood and viewed. It also opens the door for us to openly be who we are around them (wear a diaper, wear toddler'ish clothes, carry a pacifier...).

I love my lifestyle, I want to wear 24/7. It's more than just a diaper it's a lifestyle. Why is it a bad idea for me to tell my friends/family? Fear that a best friend will not accept it and will break off the friendship?

My only advice is... if you're new to ABDL and want to come out of the ABDL closet, then you should wait at least 4-6 months before you tell anyone, make sure ABDL is a long term thing for you before you tell anyone. You need time to understand, develop, and figure everything out for yourself before you can try to explain your lifestyle to someone else.

Now: If you're not ABDL and you do only use diapers in your bedroom for sexual activity then you should keep it to yourself you freak. (kidding).

Reactions: diaperfooties and Seasonedcitizen
neophyte said:
I love my lifestyle, I want to wear 24/7. It's more than just a diaper it's a lifestyle.

Hmm, I get it now :--o
I've had to come out for LGBT-reasons before, because who I date etc.. it really shows outward and I wanted to make it clear this is how I live and who I am.

Last edited:
My best friend knows but he doesn’t care with is fine but I’m glad he I just I could tell everyone else does any one feel that way

neophyte said:
I disagree with most peoples views here; most members have more experience and knowledge than I do but I look at my DL/Little lifestyle as... wait for it.... a lifestyle .... it's not a sex fetish that I engage in a few days a week for a few minutes in my bedroom.

Every week there is someone new to ADISC seeking advice on how to come out; but tenured and new members here always say "why tell anyone" "diapers are a sex fetish keep it secret" "do you tell you mom what colour your underwear is?" etc...

CLEARLY AND EVIDENTLY ABDLs WANT TO COME OUT - ABDL is different than a sex fetish and there is a natural desire for many of us to want to let our friends and family know about our little side, it helps friends and family understand us and view us the way we want to be understood and viewed. It also opens the door for us to openly be who we are around them (wear a diaper, wear toddler'ish clothes, carry a pacifier...).

I love my lifestyle, I want to wear 24/7. It's more than just a diaper it's a lifestyle. Why is it a bad idea for me to tell my friends/family? Fear that a best friend will not accept it and will break off the friendship?

My only advice is... if you're new to ABDL and want to come out of the ABDL closet, then you should wait at least 4-6 months before you tell anyone, make sure ABDL is a long term thing for you before you tell anyone. You need time to understand, develop, and figure everything out for yourself before you can try to explain your lifestyle to someone else.

Now: If you're not ABDL and you do only use diapers in your bedroom for sexual activity then you should keep it to yourself you freak. (kidding).
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Reactions: neophyte
Back