Cloth Diapers

HappilyDiapered03

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Is there a guide somewhere on like a everything you need to know about trying cloth diapers?

Reactions: GeorgeG, Seasonedcitizen, ChristianDiaperLover and 1 other person
HappilyDiapered03 said:
Is there a guide somewhere on like a everything you need to know about trying cloth diapers?

I Like some of the info on this site

Reactions: Babyjohn57, Belarin and Wolfman69
If you’re new to cloth diapers and are used to disposable I’ll give you this advice. I myself grew up in disposable diapers and prefer disposable diapers over cloth diapers. I tried using cloth diapers and they are way different than disposable diapers. You’re gonna like one better than the other. If you’re like me you’ll probably prefer disposables. Good luck!

The two links so far are good, the Adisc one has some basic info to get started and littleonion is a great site with good info.

There is also some great beginner "101's" here and Here

And then there is the Nappy Lady and Padded Tush. Which have some really amazing guides, articles and advice.

They are mostly meant for baby nappies but pretty much all of it applies to adults too.

There is also a lot of great info hidden around on here as well just do a search for "Cloth diaper" and browse through any post that grabs your attention.

Failing all of that feel free to just ask away any questions you may have, I'm always happy to answer and discuss cloth nappies and encourage others to try them, and there are several other really knowledgeable people here on the topic of cloth nappies who would be glad to offer help/advice.

It is a pretty huge subject though so it really does help if you have some idea of what it is you want to know first and just learn more over time as you need to.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Not many people wear cloth diapers here

HappilyDiapered03 said:
The "inhouse" everything cloth diapering expert is @Cottontail . PM Him he can tell you everything you need to know.

HappilyDiapered03 said:
I wear and like them, however I do not actually go in them. Large part why I use cloth instead of disposable. If I'm just wearing and nothing else disposable is a waste of money. Inserts are what make or break cloths though if you're gonna use them, and they are less absorbent than regular diapers. So if you plan on going in them plastic pants may be good to pair with

littlemoosey said:
The "inhouse" everything cloth diapering expert is @Cottontail . PM Him he can tell you everything you need to know.
Agreed cottontail is definitely a good person to talk to for info and advice there, I'm possibly not far behind but he definitely has more experience than me.

I wear cloth diapers in a pull up style for night time incontinence and around the house, I find them comfortable and absorbant. Also very economical.I wear rubber pants or plastic over top. When I have to be out I will wear a quality pair of disposibles |rubberpants,just in case I need to change

Reactions: littlemoosey
Pyromaniac said:
Not many people wear cloth diapers here
I think you would be surprised how many of us older people use cloth diapers. That's what we grew up with. I think Pampers came into use in the sixty's. But most people still used cloth. It was cheaper then throw away. Back then you had big family's and little money.

For some information gathering you can basically go to any cloth diaper page for kids. Stuff like handling of diapers, types of diapers or tips on how to fit them properly aren't that different

I know that there are plenty of incontinent adults who wear cloth diapers. I think most who use cloth, they wear snap-on cloth. Similar as baby cloth snap-on's. If you're looking for cloth, just look at google. All kinds, including prefolds, flat, pull-on and snap-on's. Of course plastic pants will have them necessary.

Last edited:
Let yourself be your guide, there is no better way to know whether you will enjoy them unless you give it a whirl. Myself, I've worn prefold cloth diapers that I pin on for many years. The only downside is they need to be laundered, but I have a washing machine and drier so no problem here. I use one or two cloth inserts inside my diaper for more absorbency and to make it easier to clean up when I mess. I wear cloth diapers at home and when I'm out. There are other types of cloth diapers and they could be better for you-I just giving my own experience.

Thank you all so much for the responses!!

I like to wear a cloth diaper (protected brief) over a thin disposable pull-up when I go out with friends or family gatherings. If you decide you're interested in cloth diapers, I recommend Threaded Armor. They have some really good quality adult cloth diapers and not just briefs. They also have the ones with the snap buttons on the sides. The inserts for more absorbency can be tricky to put in, though.

Reactions: ShyBoo81, HappilyDiapered03 and PatrickDL
sunprincess said:
I like to wear a cloth diaper (protected brief) over a thin disposable pull-up when I go out with friends or family gatherings. If you decide you're interested in cloth diapers, I recommend Threaded Armor. They have some really good quality adult cloth diapers and not just briefs. They also have the ones with the snap buttons on the sides. The inserts for more absorbency can be tricky to put in, though.

I'll 2nd the Threaded Armour's, they are not cheap but very well made and designed and have some nice prints as well (can't say for sure but I reckon they might be abdl aware/friendly because of some of the prints they've had). I actually did a big 3 part review if them on here a while back.

I never had problems putting fresh pads in though even without take the briefs off, but I can see why some people might.

Reactions: HappilyDiapered03 and sunprincess
sunprincess said:
When wearing side snapped plastic panty or diapers, i leak when on my side.

Reactions: sunprincess and HappilyDiapered03
Fireball44 said:
When wearing side snapped plastic panty or diapers, i leak when on my side.
Yeah, I heard that the side-snap cloth diapers can leak more. That's why I wear briefs.

sunprincess said:
Yeah, I heard that the side-snap cloth diapers can leak more. That's why I wear briefs.
ever control top pantyhose over your diaper panty?

Back