diaperfooties

🍼
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
So I have one cloth diaper and two plastic pants. I think it's a leak master anyway I was thinking of getting more into cloth diapers to use while at home or maybe even put in public.

What are some essentials I need?
What do you wish you knew when you first started?
How often should I change my cloth diaper after wetting?
What process do you use to wash cloth diapers?

Hello, the most important thing is, you have to be aware that cloth diapers are of course thicker than inco briefs. They must be thick enough to store about the same amount of urine as an Inco slip. Cloth diapers, of course, do not have a superabsorbent that immediately converts the fluid to gel. That's why something from urine can smell.

And of course you also need a waterproof pants, but as you have already written, it is already there. That's the basic thing about cloth diapers. Of course, I do not know if your skin is sensitive, at least you should first cream with a good protection cream. Because from the first wet, to undress you stay in the wet wet diaper.

It started with me of course after I was born. Since I was developmentally delayed, I needed day and night very long diapers. I could hold anything back, I made everything in the diapers. Of course I knew that it was unusual, but there was no help other than diapers. That stopped during the day, but at night I still needed the diapers until I was about 14. Then it finally stopped, but I always thought that I was missing something. At about 25 I bought diapers again, and I knew what I was missing. It was the salvation that gave me the diapers, and I missed that as a young too often.

At the time I was wearing the diapers just for pleasure, but that changed when I got a bad bladder infection, I did not heal them, and then it also led to a prostate surgery. Since then I have a weak bladder, and I wear diapers every night not only as a pleasure, but also for safety. But the passion becomes more and more a necessity for me. especially when I'm in town, and do not go to the bathroom fast enough. The increasing pressure of the bladder becomes so painful that it is unbearable. But then I leave little urine, and that's no comparison to the pain in the bladder. Because actually much more urine should be in the bladder.

Anyway, I only use cloth diapers day and night, because they are a bit more expensive to buy, but with constant use they are getting cheaper, because you do not always have to buy new ones like in Inco-slips. The cloth diapers remind me of the times of yore when I had to wear diapers all the time. At that time we also only had cloth diapers, and the yellow PVC diaper pants with press studs. Pampers came later, and they were still expensive. It was cheaper to wash the diapers. Of course that was not always easy, if one laughed because of the diapers of others in my age, and has been ridiculed. But even if my diapers, and the PvC diaper pants after washing hung on the clothesline. Everyone knew exactly who needed them, but there was no other way. Nevertheless, this passion has developed with me, perhaps because I have accepted the diapers as protection, and they have also helped me.

You can wash the cloth diapers in the washing machine, with the normal washing program, and sometimes I choose the program to boil off.

Only the PVC pants I do not wash in the washing machine, but I just clean them damp, and hang them to dry.
For fixing in the PVC pants I have some preformed cloth diapers, which look similar to the inco briefs. These cloth diapers are closed with Velcro, or with snaps. In these diapers, I put as needed in different thick rectangular folded cloth diapers inside, put everything tight and tight to the body, and close it carefully.
Then the PVC pants over, which also has snaps for easier change. So I am well and safely packed for a few hours.

For starters, I recommend that you first try it out at home, how thick the diapers should be to be able to carry them longer. Change more often during the day, about three or four times. It always depends on how much you have wetted. If you are still unsure about the night in the beginning, maybe use cloth diapers, with an inco slip.
You must also remember that you need to wear slightly larger trousers if you want to put on cloth diapers in public. Because they are, as already said, thicker, and if the pants are too tight, the diapers can be noticed.
It's all a learning process, but you quickly realize how to do it. For me it was like that, in the beginning I also thought that everyone was staring at me, as if everyone knew that I was wearing diapers. But that's just the uncertainty in the beginning, with rising self-awareness it will only be normality for you. Anyway, I wish you much success.

Greeting Windelboy4

• Love
Reactions: DOT, diaperfooties and Trevor
windelboy4 said:
Hello, the most important thing is, you have to be aware that cloth diapers are of course thicker than inco briefs. They must be thick enough to store about the same amount of urine as an Inco slip. Cloth diapers, of course, do not have a superabsorbent that immediately converts the fluid to gel. That's why something from urine can smell.

And of course you also need a waterproof pants, but as you have already written, it is already there. That's the basic thing about cloth diapers. Of course, I do not know if your skin is sensitive, at least you should first cream with a good protection cream. Because from the first wet, to undress you stay in the wet wet diaper.

It started with me of course after I was born. Since I was developmentally delayed, I needed day and night very long diapers. I could hold anything back, I made everything in the diapers. Of course I knew that it was unusual, but there was no help other than diapers. That stopped during the day, but at night I still needed the diapers until I was about 14. Then it finally stopped, but I always thought that I was missing something. At about 25 I bought diapers again, and I knew what I was missing. It was the salvation that gave me the diapers, and I missed that as a young too often.

At the time I was wearing the diapers just for pleasure, but that changed when I got a bad bladder infection, I did not heal them, and then it also led to a prostate surgery. Since then I have a weak bladder, and I wear diapers every night not only as a pleasure, but also for safety. But the passion becomes more and more a necessity for me. especially when I'm in town, and do not go to the bathroom fast enough. The increasing pressure of the bladder becomes so painful that it is unbearable. But then I leave little urine, and that's no comparison to the pain in the bladder. Because actually much more urine should be in the bladder.

Anyway, I only use cloth diapers day and night, because they are a bit more expensive to buy, but with constant use they are getting cheaper, because you do not always have to buy new ones like in Inco-slips. The cloth diapers remind me of the times of yore when I had to wear diapers all the time. At that time we also only had cloth diapers, and the yellow PVC diaper pants with press studs. Pampers came later, and they were still expensive. It was cheaper to wash the diapers. Of course that was not always easy, if one laughed because of the diapers of others in my age, and has been ridiculed. But even if my diapers, and the PvC diaper pants after washing hung on the clothesline. Everyone knew exactly who needed them, but there was no other way. Nevertheless, this passion has developed with me, perhaps because I have accepted the diapers as protection, and they have also helped me.

You can wash the cloth diapers in the washing machine, with the normal washing program, and sometimes I choose the program to boil off.

Only the PVC pants I do not wash in the washing machine, but I just clean them damp, and hang them to dry.
For fixing in the PVC pants I have some preformed cloth diapers, which look similar to the inco briefs. These cloth diapers are closed with Velcro, or with snaps. In these diapers, I put as needed in different thick rectangular folded cloth diapers inside, put everything tight and tight to the body, and close it carefully.
Then the PVC pants over, which also has snaps for easier change. So I am well and safely packed for a few hours.

For starters, I recommend that you first try it out at home, how thick the diapers should be to be able to carry them longer. Change more often during the day, about three or four times. It always depends on how much you have wetted. If you are still unsure about the night in the beginning, maybe use cloth diapers, with an inco slip.
You must also remember that you need to wear slightly larger trousers if you want to put on cloth diapers in public. Because they are, as already said, thicker, and if the pants are too tight, the diapers can be noticed.
It's all a learning process, but you quickly realize how to do it. For me it was like that, in the beginning I also thought that everyone was staring at me, as if everyone knew that I was wearing diapers. But that's just the uncertainty in the beginning, with rising self-awareness it will only be normality for you. Anyway, I wish you much success.

Greeting Windelboy4
Thank you for the detailed information.

diaperfooties said:
So I have one cloth diaper and two plastic pants. I think it's a leak master anyway I was thinking of getting more into cloth diapers to use while at home or maybe even put in public.

What are some essentials I need?
What do you wish you knew when you first started?
How often should I change my cloth diaper after wetting?
What process do you use to wash cloth diapers?

Hey, diaperfooties -- Lots of great info from windelboy... Some questions for you: Do you have easy (and private!) access to laundry equipment? That's a crucial consideration. Also, do you have room for a diaper pail, or how often would you be able/willing to wash your diapers? The specifics of diaper laundry are going to depend a lot on what diapers you have/want, too. Care to share you inclinations? Most manufacturers will provide some advice, and most of the advice boils down to: Don't use fabric softener (it hinders absorbency), and don't melt your plastic pants/covers in the dryer (for obvious reasons).

Likewise, when you shop for diapers, you should consider whether the care instructions are practical for you. An all-in-one (AIO) cloth diaper with a PVC cover, for example, can't be dried with any heat, and so is going to take a stupidly long time to dry. Consequently, it's going to spend far more time on the line (or rack) than on your butt, which is obviously not great. It's a personal thing, really, but I'd recommend staying away from any cloth diapers that you can't machine-dry, with heat.

All-plastic diaper covers without a lining are a different story. You're often advised not to dry these with heat, but then they don't really need to be dried anyway. As an example: I have some pull-on vinyl pants from Changing Times. I put them in the wash with my diapers (on warm), and after that I just vigorously shake the water droplets off. They're mostly dry at that point, and will be completely dry in a few hours if allowed to sit out. If it's important that you be able to quickly dry and immediately stash your covers, though, you can find PUL and other covers that can go in the dryer with heat. I have some dryer-safe covers from DependEco, for example.

Anyway, ... Will wait for your answers before typing more.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: diaperfooties
yes, I can wash my diapers myself, and it is also right, you must not add a softener to wash. I then let the diapers air dry, and that does not take very long, now in the summer. Of course in the winter longer, but I have a room that is heated. It is also right, you should not wash the PVC pants too hot, and not in the tumble dryer, as they are broken then. only wet wipe enough. In the past, I also used diapers that have a water-repellent outer layer. but that did not make sense, as it often came to wet accidents. they are not really tight. it was also recommended to wear a PVC pant over it. but if a PVC pants anyway needed, then I do not need such all in one diapers.

Reactions: diaperfooties
Cottontail said:
Hey, diaperfooties -- Lots of great info from windelboy... Some questions for you: Do you have easy (and private!) access to laundry equipment? That's a crucial consideration. Also, do you have room for a diaper pail, or how often would you be able/willing to wash your diapers? The specifics of diaper laundry are going to depend a lot on what diapers you have/want, too. Care to share you inclinations? Most manufacturers will provide some advice, and most of the advice boils down to: Don't use fabric softener (it hinders absorbency), and don't melt your plastic pants/covers in the dryer (for obvious reasons).

Likewise, when you shop for diapers, you should consider whether the care instructions are practical for you. An all-in-one (AIO) cloth diaper with a PVC cover, for example, can't be dried with any heat, and so is going to take a stupidly long time to dry. Consequently, it's going to spend far more time on the line (or rack) than on your butt, which is obviously not great. It's a personal thing, really, but I'd recommend staying away from any cloth diapers that you can't machine-dry, with heat.

All-plastic diaper covers without a lining are a different story. You're often advised not to dry these with heat, but then they don't really need to be dried anyway. As an example: I have some pull-on vinyl pants from Changing Times. I put them in the wash with my diapers (on warm), and after that I just vigorously shake the water droplets off. They're mostly dry at that point, and will be completely dry in a few hours if allowed to sit out. If it's important that you be able to quickly dry and immediately stash your covers, though, you can find PUL and other covers that can go in the dryer with heat. I have some dryer-safe covers from DependEco, for example.

Anyway, ... Will wait for your answers before typing more.
Yes I have my own washer and dryer that is part of the reason I thought hey I can do cloth diapers now.

Back