Cloth cushies vs. Cloth preschools

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleyreva

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Looking for inputs on the cloth preschools compared to the cushies I've tried the cushies and just ordered the preschools and curious for some input

Why cloth backed? Wouldn't you prefer something that actually works? After all "a thick plastic diaper that has done its job is WAY less noticeable than a thin one that has leaked".

I haven't used the cloth backed Cushies, but I have used the cloth backed Preschools. I had a problem with them, but it was in the fact that the landing strip doesn't go out far enough so even if you're well within the sizing, you can still end up having trouble reaching the landing strip.

That said though, they're plenty absorbent for their price, I compare them to the old Abena L3s if you remember those, and unlike the standard supermarket cloth backed(which anyone experienced with adult diapers will tell you is just plain garbage), they use one that is closer to current baby diapers which is quite functional and comfortable, imo. Didn't have any problem with leakage or performance within the range ABU advertises, just don't expect it to equal the L4s or other more expensive "Premium" adult diapers, as that's not their intended niche.

Last edited:
Mauxx said:
I haven't used the cloth backed Cushies, but I have used the cloth backed Preschools. I had a problem with them, but it was in the fact that the landing strip doesn't go out far enough so even if you're well within the sizing, you can still end up having trouble reachign the landing strip.

That said though, they're plenty absorbent for their price, I compare them to the old Abena L3s if you remember those, and unlike the standard supermarket cloth backed(which anyone experienced with adult diapers will tell you is just plain garbage), they use one that is closer to current baby diapers which is quite functional and comfortable, imo. Didn't have any problem with leakage or performance within the range ABU advertises, just don't expect it to equal the L4s or other more expensive "Premium" adult diapers, as that's not their intended niche.

That right there is just a sizing problem. Of which, you need to "change" (pun intended). Still doesn't help them actually not having a snug fit around the legs though. Always too loose around the legs- when properly sized that is.

Slomo said:
That right there is just a sizing problem. Of which, you need to "change" (pun intended). Still doesn't help them actually not having a snug fit around the legs though. Always too loose around the legs- when properly sized that is.

Yeah, it was just in particular with the Preschools for some reason ABU leaves a lot of "wing"-to-landing strip ratio, I made a post about it a while ago comparing it to the Tykables landing strip:

size comparison.jpg

It's probably not a big deal for most people, but if you're a bigger guy like me then I feel like one oughta know.

And the difference is noticeable even compared to other ABU diapers, for example the Space/Simples have a better fit, imo, with bigger landing strips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back