Christmas tree sharing and appreciation thread!

PrettyLilPrincess

Advocate for Cloth-Backed Diapers
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Happy Holidays everyone!

As the big day inches closer and closer, I wanted to share a pic of my sister and mine's Christmas tree!

For a little context, in our family, we have something of a tradition where, along with the main big tree, we have a smaller tree somewhere upstairs, or otherwise closer to where sis and I sleep. When we were little, both trees were real, and we went as a family to choose them from a local tree lot. Starting in 2015, we would spend the next 7 Christmases in the sunny Dominican Republic. So, that meant we'd have to get artificial trees. I picked the small one out from amazon, and it has lasted strong through all 7 seasons.

This year, we're spending the holidays at home! Because the trees are still in the DR, I sought out a different tree (again, from amazon)!

Here it is!
1703037585418.jpeg

What do you guys think? I'd love to see all of your trees too!

Reactions: BenNevis, ianwee, mistykitty and 4 others
Feliz Navidad! I can’t say I mind the idea of Christmas in the Dominican Republic. (I understand you’re not there now.) We’ve several times talked about doing a tropical Christmas just to mix things up a little. Next year’s up for consideration. Bunny digits crossed!

Cute tree! Do you make a tradition of buying/making a new ornament each year? And Xbox?! I thought you were a Nintendo kid! Well, I’ll blame your sister since she’s not here. :)

We do two trees: a small one in the kitchen decorated entirely with photos of Christmases past, and a larger one in the living room. They’re both artificial. I love the smell of a real tree though. Anyway, I’ll post a picture of the bigger tree tomorrow when I can take one. I’m out and about tonight.

Fun idea for a topic! :)

• Love
Reactions: mistykitty, BigAl2, BBBen and 1 other person
Cottontail said:
Cute tree! Do you make a tradition of buying/making a new ornament each year? And Xbox?! I thought you were a Nintendo kid! Well, I’ll blame your sister since she’s not here. :)
We bought the ornaments for this specific tree about a month ago. We live right by a somewhat touristy area that has a Christmas themed shop, and they sell "novelty"-esque ornaments (ie, first Christmas ornaments, personalized, etc.). If they had one depicting a Nintendo Switch controller, I'd have snapped it right up! XD

Reactions: BBBen and Cottontail
PrettyLilPrincess said:
If they had one depicting a Nintendo Switch controller, I'd have snapped it right up! XD
Surely somebody must sell one, but it's ok. You're forgiven. (I'm not console-monogamous either, LOL.)

• Haha
Reactions: PrettyLilPrincess
Ok, here's the Big Tree. Little Tree with all its photos is probably a bit too personal, although Big Tree is personal in less obvious ways. About half the ornaments are things we've made over the years, and there's even one I made when I was four years old and in preschool. The tree itself is artificial and this is its eighth Christmas.

1703093742785.png

• Love
Reactions: BenNevis, ianwee, mistykitty and 4 others
Cottontail said:
Ok, here's the Big Tree. Little Tree with all its photos is probably a bit too personal, although Big Tree is personal in less obvious ways. About half the ornaments are things we've made over the years, and there's even one I made when I was four years old and in preschool. The tree itself is artificial and this is its eighth Christmas.

View attachment 125761
How beautiful! A lot of the ornaments for the small tree in the DR were made during sis and mine's elementary school years too :)

• Love
Reactions: Cottontail and BBBen
Merry Christmas

Attachments

• Resized_20231205_172824.jpeg
    Resized_20231205_172824.jpeg
    445.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Love
Reactions: Cottontail, mistykitty, PrettyLilPrincess and 1 other person
We have cats. So no tree.

Here is ours!

1000003150.jpg

• Love
Reactions: DiaperedJoey, PrettyLilPrincess and Cottontail
I had a medium size artificial one the lights topped working though

mistykitty said:
I had a medium size artificial one the lights topped working though
Pro tip: If a guy with green fur shows up in the middle of the night and offers to fix it, say no.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mistykitty
Cottontail said:
Pro tip: If a guy with green fur shows up in the middle of the night and offers to fix it, say no.
I should've known there was something up when they offered to set it up

• Haha
Reactions: Cottontail
PamperedMarine said:
Here is ours!
Bonus points for playful kitty. I hope he/she is tree-friendly.

BigAl1 said:
We have cats. So no tree.
:( I understand though. We have two cats, but they live downstairs and are only allowed on the main/middle floor (where the trees are) when we're there to supervise them. They're both pretty well-behaved, but one of them does like to chew on the tree. We found some barf with plastic needles in it one year and realized we needed to be more careful!

Last edited:
Reactions: mistykitty and BigAl2
Cottontail said:
Bonus points for playful kitty. I hope he/she is tree-friendly.

:( I understand though. We have two cats, but they live downstairs and are only allowed on the main/middle floor (where the trees are) when we're there to supervise them. They're both pretty well-behaved, but one of them does like to chew on the tree. We found some barf with plastic needles in it one year and realized we needed to be more careful!
We have two cats and are watching a third one (the one pictured is the house guest) we do two things 1) Very loud bells on the bottom branches. 2) mom/dad voice if they decide to choose chaos. No issues so far and the oldest is 13

Reactions: Cottontail
My tree

Attachments

• 20231222_070251.jpg
    20231222_070251.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: BenNevis, Cottontail and DiaperedJoey
I will post a picture later but because of my work I don’t get to really have Christmas this year. However I was gifted a little 12” Christmas tree hand decorated by one of our workers for my desk and when I got it I almost cried! It was so sweet

As promised like a good mouse!
IMG_0143.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: PrettyLilPrincess, BenNevis and Cottontail
My wife loves Christmas, me not so much, she does the whole house. She has used the same fake tree for the last 43 years at least maybe more. People never believe it is fake, looking forward to her taking it down.

I can't show my christmas tree as if I touch one I get a bad rash on my hands.

Back