cuteingly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Does anyone here have some favourite computer game highlights from their childhood?
It can be on any platform (PC, Mac, C64, console, etc.).
Perhaps you managed to do something really difficult, or that there was a funny glitch that you discovered by accident, or perhaps something happened in real life while you were playing on your machine?
Basically I am asking about specific moments that you had while playing computer games that you enjoyed and remembered, particularly during childhood.

Example:
"I was on Minecraft yesterday and noticed that the character on the title screen looks at the cursor. It reminded me when I first saw Freecell on Windows 98!"

I remember going to my grandparents house all the time and playing on her Windows 98 computer, and it always felt like a special time because I was able to play games that I didn't own. Games like Humongous games I grew up playing because they had those games. physically

Reactions: wetaccident and cuteingly
PaigeCherubiel said:
There is already a recent thread on this subject.
My answers to your question are already there. I don't mean to sound gruff, but I'm partially paralyzed and typing takes effort. :geek:
Yes, I did see this thread in the forum.
Note that I asked about favourite highlights, not favourite titles.
Apologies for any confusion between these threads.
Thank you for the prompt.
I will edit my question to distinguish this more.

Reactions: CertifiedCrinklerTodd
cuteingly said:
Yes, I did see this thread in the forum.
Note that I asked about favourite highlights, not favourite titles.
Apologies for any confusion between these threads.
Thank you for the prompt.
I will edit my question to distinguish this more.
Hmm... looks like the edit button has disappeared for the original post... oh deer-y me!

This just brought up a really nice memory for me, actually.

I remember being a kid, pretty young - around 7 or 8, I was with my mum and we were visiting her good friend in Brighton (we lived a ways away, roughly an hour or so by car).
Mum's friend was so lovely, I still see her occasionally even now. She's one of them people who are just so positive in life, you know? Like, she's happy and 'full of light' all the time. She was so good with kids, despite not having any of her own (and still doesn't have any to this day). She was kind of like a 'god-parent' to me growing up, she'd buy me presents and send money and stuff (birthdays, Christmas etc).

Anyway, whilst we were round her place in Brighton - it was a lovely 'Victorian' style apartment, quite big inside and high up. It was cosy and warm inside, decorated really well. She had this rally old late 90's computer in the living room. She could see I was getting a bit bored of playing with my colouring book on the floor, even though I was just happily and quietly colouring away. She asked me if I wanted to go on her old computer and try 'painting on the computer'. I was intrigued and elated. 'Painting ON A COMPUTER?' I jumped up on the chair and she turned the computer on. I still remember the sound it made - that old late 90's PC BEEP BEEPING sound, it sounded like a jet engine 😅

She loaded up MS Paint and I just had at it. I was creating many cool designs, cartoon characters, drawing, even making a colourful collage. The best part was she let me print it off too! And keep it! I remember I gave one of the pictures to her to put on her fridge. I remember the praise she gave me and that I was a great artist lol.

Not really a game, I know. But it's computer-related and nostalgic as hell for me 😊

I have loads of 'gaming memories' from being a kid, mostly achieving stuff that took me ages. When I was 12/13 I started my Runescape adventure and since then I've put in over 4000 hours lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: cuteingly and PaigeCherubiel
Ok, my bad. Beyond beating the "End Boss" of any game, let's go with:
1) Pokemon Emerald: The "cloning glitch" in Battle Frontier
2) Pokemon X & Y: Building a "Thunderdance" team around a Politoed with the Drizzle ability
3) Super Mario 64: Finding ways to collect stars other than the method in the Nintendo Power guide

Reactions: cuteingly and Akura
It took me years to remember the name and I thought it was all in my imagination. I could never find screenshots or evidence such a game ever existed. It drove me mad over many years.

It was an one of those graphic text adventure games but with very thought provoking puzzles. All I could remember is starting out in an orange desert and entering a phone booth. And the revelation I had in bed one night that I couldn't wait to try the next time I played.

There was this poison room nobody could get past and any attempts to drink what we thought would protect you would result in an overdose and death. There was a flask you could pour the serum into but that was also too much and killed you. Then the math to get the right dose left over hit me. "fill flask, with serum, empty flask, fill flask, with serum, empty flask, drink serum". It was for example something like 80 ml of serum and if you read the label the safe dose was 20 and the flask was 30. There was another beaker or something that was 10 ml that was just there to throw you off. We kept trying every possible way to measure out 20 ml with the 2 containers pouring them back and forth but none of them would cooperate, eg it would spill the remainder on the ground or something. Even searching these commands years later hoping to find a FAQ or something revealing the name produced nothing.

It was called Adventure Alpha on Apple II. It was one of the things we got to "play" in this gifted program. I was the first kid ever to solve it and beat it and proceed to the next installment from the same company, Islands of Beta.

I'd always wanted to go back to them and try them again with a new perspective and experience. Some of these puzzles are super mindfucks and would still stump most adults who arent engineers. Like the Euler puzzle of visiting every island crossing each and every bridge only once.

And the time a friend convinced me to rent Final Fantasy Mystic Quest on SNES. After our sleepover I continued to remain glued to the screen and finished it. This was a gateway drug that led me to Final Fantasy II (IV) which changed my life forever. I'm still a huge JRPG addict, most recently 100%ed Sea of Stars.

I have many prior and later memories of games too, including sleepovers and coop games on NES like Rescue Rangers or long weekends up all night playing Street Fighter II on SNES out under the night sky at a friend's house with 3 or 4 of us camping in the back yard.

Last edited:
Reactions: cuteingly and wetaccident
I remember playing spyro on PlayStation 2 and some of the early happy Potter games on computer and ps2. One of my favourites was virtual villigers on pc.

Reactions: cuteingly
My only video game claim to fame is nailing my buddy with a head shot from across the map on Halo 2, Blood Gultch

I’m not a very good gamer so I stick to RPGs and strategy games that let me bully the computer.

Most of the big SNES and PS1 JRPGs will instantly take me back to being a kid though, Lots of good memories with those games.

Reactions: cuteingly and LittleAndAlone
I can remember when I was about 11/12 years old back in 1979/80 when I was playing an old arcade classic, Galaxians. I was doing really well drawing in quite a large crowd watching me in the arcade. I was so absorbed in the game that I hadn't noticed the crowd forming behind me.

The enemy ships and bombs were showering my ship like crazy all over the screen. It was insane.

At one point I thought my ship had been destroyed but there was no explosion sound to indicate this much to my surprise.

The arcade machine screen was such that I couldn't see my ship so I had to lean into the screen to see what had happened.

I could see that my ship had somehow survived the onslaught much to my astonishment and the crowd.

I was quite chuffed by it and carried on to get my personal best score. I can't remember what that score was but it was quite high and topped the high score table at the time. I loved that game.

A classic moment from the classic age of gaming.

Last edited:
Reactions: cuteingly
Back