Check out my YouTube channel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will give you some constructive criticism but I don't want to offend you in any way, just to help.

When you speak you speak very slowly and in a monotonous way, when people watch YouTube videos they like a bit of enthusiasm and for it to be quick and to the point, making the video shorter and keeping people entertained, don't get me wrong, I still watch your video and still enjoy them, just others might not. Also I don't know if it is because of autism that you speak slowly that's why I said I don't want to offend you. Also maybe have something on screen that is moving or changing as it will keep people entertained.

I used to do YouTube myself and was growing well but I decided to stop when I got a job, in the end if I had kept growing I might have made it my job as I did earn some money from YouTube partnership just not often.

Oh and lastly to make your videos longer, it's in your settings, usually they ask you to link your mobile to your account.

I don't know, I was trying to sound clear, I can talk faster but since I am hard of hearing, I am trying to make it so I can hear myself, therefore I speak slower, I am not sure if this will improve once I get hearing aids but I apologise for having a strange way of speaking, although I didn't think it was so much of a problem.

About the screen moving, I set up a backdrop and in my last video I was more interactive and not speaking so monotonly, I was just shy in my first 2 videos as well. Thanks for the heads up anyway, no offence taken

Angelic said:
I don't know, I was trying to sound clear, I can talk faster but since I am hard of hearing, I am trying to make it so I can hear myself, therefore I speak slower, I am not sure if this will improve once I get hearing aids but I apologise for having a strange way of speaking, although I didn't think it was so much of a problem.

About the screen moving, I set up a backdrop and in my last video I was more interactive and not speaking so monotonly, I was just shy in my first 2 videos as well. Thanks for the heads up anyway, no offence taken

Oh yeah I forgot you mentioned you are hard of hearing, I totally understand

CookieMonstah said:
I will give you some constructive criticism but I don't want to offend you in any way, just to help.

When you speak you speak very slowly and in a monotonous way, when people watch YouTube videos they like a bit of enthusiasm and for it to be quick and to the point, making the video shorter and keeping people entertained, don't get me wrong, I still watch your video and still enjoy them, just others might not. Also I don't know if it is because of autism that you speak slowly that's why I said I don't want to offend you. Also maybe have something on screen that is moving or changing as it will keep people entertained.

I used to do YouTube myself and was growing well but I decided to stop when I got a job, in the end if I had kept growing I might have made it my job as I did earn some money from YouTube partnership just not often.

Oh and lastly to make your videos longer, it's in your settings, usually they ask you to link your mobile to your account.
Actually I disagree.

I don't remember where I read about it, but it made sense, that when giving speeches you shouldn't rush it or people won't be engaged, making pauses and emphasizing gives a sense of confidence and that you know what you're talking about. The example given was president Obama.

And I find that to be true, I pay much more attention when that's the case.

However, bear in mind that being concise and to the point is key, or else you won't sound sure about what you're talking and/or you take a long time to make a point, and that, obviously, makes people become disinterested and bored.

Zendot said:
However, bear in mind that being concise and to the point is key, or else you won't sound sure about what you're talking and/or you take a long time to make a point, and that, obviously, makes people become disinterested and bored.
Very true. I've caught myself rambling on way too much while that was never the point of the video. I'm getting better at it, but still not there yet.

What's your YouTube channel called, cottonbird?

Anyway I can't make a video until Thursday because my brother is in and I have college tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled on Thursday, I hope...

Perhaps you can suggest videos that I can make whilst I wait for Thursday.

Angelic said:
What's your YouTube channel called, cottonbird?
I make YouTube videos on different subject matter i.e. studio and live gear (I'm a musician), but same principles apply that's why I brought it up. ;)

FluffyMastiff said:
Indeed a very cute voice :)

You've done, at least, one thing that I haven't been able to do... make a video public with my voice on it. :D

Eyup... I'm also way to afraid, to make a video with my own voice or put a pic of me online.

Your voice is verry verry kind and really a little bit like a ?girl?

Would be lovely, to hear mor from you on Youtube!

Zendot said:
Actually I disagree.

I don't remember where I read about it, but it made sense, that when giving speeches you shouldn't rush it or people won't be engaged, making pauses and emphasizing gives a sense of confidence and that you know what you're talking about. The example given was president Obama.

And I find that to be true, I pay much more attention when that's the case.

Youtube really isn't like that. Just take a look at all the popular vlogers and other youtube channels. It's extremely rare, you find someone whom is successful at youtube while also talking slow without some sort of enthusiasm, and short videos. It's a very different platform than say if you where giving a speech to the general public.

Youtube is more about entertainment in other words.

My videos will get better and I get the message, I will try and make them more entertaining, don't expect background music though, I won't hear myself over it and it will make my videos worse if I start stuttering every sentence.

Angelic said:
My videos will get better and I get the message, I will try and make them more entertaining, don't expect background music though, I won't hear myself over it and it will make my videos worse if I start stuttering every sentence.

No worries. Take your time. Most importantly is your audience. So if they do like longer videos, then it's all good. I did youtube for a few years before I started developing a game, and became to busy to continue.

Angelic said:

The background music goes in after you record, in the editing process

I got a new video uploaded, "introduction to my little side" talking about my little personality and you can meet my cat ziggy and see my toys!

Btw the next video might be on Saturday but definatly on Sunday, I will introduce my middle and the person behind the child. I can't make a video tomorrow since I have college again.

Judging by my routines, you should expect videos every Thursday's, Saturday's and Sunday's. Maybe Tuesday's if I am lucky.

brabbit1987 said:
Youtube really isn't like that. Just take a look at all the popular vlogers and other youtube channels. It's extremely rare, you find someone whom is successful at youtube while also talking slow without some sort of enthusiasm, and short videos. It's a very different platform than say if you where giving a speech to the general public.

Youtube is more about entertainment in other words.
I know and most youtubers that make short, quick and extremely "energetic" videos like that I don't care for. Too flashy but few content or not deep enough. Take for example Philip Defranco, it's a bit unfair to him because he actually seems intelligent and interesting and I can appreciate some of his content, but he's just spewing words while editing the hell out of his videos and that is for the most part tiresome and doesn't hold my attention.

Like I mentioned you need energy and enthusiasm in your speech or dialogue of course, but too much can be problematic, a balance is what's needed.

I just watched the first two vids you made.
Indeed the volume is a bit low.
Sometimes it is a bit hard to understand what you say for me because I'm French and I always have difficulties with the English accent.
Your voice sound very childish but it's very cute.
And finally I hope to hear from you soon about your disability because I have Cerebral Palsy and maybe I could find some inspiration in your words.
Go ahead!!

I will talk about Asperger's syndrome in later videos in the future and yes I understand I talk quiet but I talk like I hear everybody talking but I am hard of hearing so I can't tell the difference, I should make a version of my videos with subtitles or something because I also talk about being hard of hearing relating to being a little.

As in other posts, I like your voice it's beautiful. I've only seen the " what it means to be AB" but you are very articulate and have well thought out views. Keep up the good work.

As far as pedophiles go, rounding them up and shooting them is too good for them. They need to be given to me for a slow torturous death. They need to suffer.

I like your thinking crinklebutt!:worshippy::educate::wts6Ar:

Angelic, thank you for posting your videos. You are honest, courageous, and thoughtful. I really enjoy watching them and hearing your point of view. Please keep it up!

I have a update: expect videos everyday or almost everyday, on the days my brother is I will make asubtitled version of my videos because my brother is hearing and he would hear what I am saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back