Changing Diaper when Sick

Pokogirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I'm pretty skillful & discreet when it comes to diaper changes. But there are times when I'm out of the weather and can't do everything perfectly.
Just recently, I was sick after getting my booster shot. My right arm was almost paralyzed. It was very difficult for me to change my diapers with just one hand. Besides, I also had high fever. As a a result my diapers leaked at night.

I still live with my parents, and they aren't very fond of my diaper wearing stuff.
Having the accident made me a bit concerned about my future. If I ever get sick again how do I manage? Any tips and ideas. How do you guys manage changes when you are sick?
Thanks in advance.

Yesterday, my stomach was bothering me quite a bit, but I had to get to the store to buy food and what not. I've had a few ulcers before, which feels like you're constantly about to puke, hungry but you can't eat, and stabbing like pain. It felt close to that, but I live alone and if I need anything, I have to do it for myself no matter how I feel.

If you are unable to get your diaper on securely, try wearing plastic pants over top of them. That way if they leak a bit the plastic pants will keep it from your bed or your pants, depending on how much leakage there is. All the best to you!

I tend to wet more when I am sick. And sometimes I think I can't control myself when I am super sick

Pokogirl said:
I'm pretty skillful & discreet when it comes to diaper changes. But there are times when I'm out of the weather and can't do everything perfectly.
Just recently, I was sick after getting my booster shot. My right arm was almost paralyzed. It was very difficult for me to change my diapers with just one hand. Besides, I also had high fever. As a a result my diapers leaked at night.

I still live with my parents, and they aren't very fond of my diaper wearing stuff.
Having the accident made me a bit concerned about my future. If I ever get sick again how do I manage? Any tips and ideas. How do you guys manage changes when you are sick?
Thanks in advance.
Is the booster shot moderna type? Because i got almost that exact same feeling, but not that worse

Shingo said:
Is the booster shot moderna type? Because i got almost that exact same feeling, but not that worse
Yes friend. It was moderna

I am incontinent and have many health issues. I have had to depend on my wife a few times to help me do to illness or post surgery. When my shoulder was operated on the first time I had my doctor do a foley for a week or so because I knew it would be easier. I have also used condom catheters some in these cases too as a I am a male. I do feel for you because I understand totally what is like to not be able to hold my bladder and need help changing. I have had nurses a few times in the hospital help me but to be honest most of the time I try and do it myself if I can and if not my wife helps even when I am in the hospital. But it sucks because she does not get them on very good either. Like never! To be honest most nurses suck at it too so that is why I prefer to do it myself.

Why are your parents so anti diapers? I mean if you can not hold it then it is not your fault at all. I mean if my daughter had issues while she still lived at home I would of helped anyway I could. I mean as the dad I would encourage my wife because after a certain age fathers do not want do not want to see their kids naked especially their baby girl but I would not want her to suffer humiliations of loosing her bladder or bowels on herself either. I mean it is not like they have not changed you before? I don't know the details of your situation but I would say if they are not medical diapers then they may not be willing to take it serious. I mean If it was just a fetish I would hope you could put it off until you feel better, But if you are legit having bladder issues you should really visit with them or at least your mom. I do not know your age and it is not my concern but if you are under 18 they should get you to a doctor to find out why. If you are of age and have your own insurance then you should want to get checked out too. incontinence is a symptom of of other medical conditions. It is smart to check it out incase it is something serious causing it. You want to get it under control before it causes other more serious issues.

So I guess it would be helpful to know if your parents view it as a medical condition or a fetish and why? I think that would be the first thing I tried to figure out. You put in your info about your self incontinent so I assume that is true, but that may not be what they think.

That said being incontinent is just tough! It sucks the life out of us sometimes because it never stops and it often gets worse when we are sick. Especially bowel IC a upset tummy can make it hell on earth. We just have to do the best we can. But insurance companies and even the government has programs to help people with needs if a illness gets to the point you need help taking care of basic hygiene and health long term.

I wish you the best of luck and if you ever want to talk I am a open book. I have autoimmune disorders and nerve damage, Gastroparesis and a whole bunch of health issues, and incontinence is one of my least concerns. Until I get so sick I cant hold my head up and then it becomes one of my biggest issues. Nothing worse than than being sick and just wanting to hold still with your face in the pillow and then have to roll over or get up and change and then it sets all the vomiting's and symptoms off again. Not to mention it always just seams even more gross when I am sick. Especially #2 and I have really had issues the last 3 years with that #2 also. My heart goes out for you because the last thing I want to see is someone go through this without emotional support. Some people on here think it might sound fun until it just keeps happening over and over and over at the most inconvenient times.

If you ever want to talk just PM me.

Back