Changes to tena slip active fit (ultima)

Where are these problematic Tena slip packs coming from? Any from incontrol diapers?

LePew, have you just had a bad batch yourself?

Last edited:
I have had a bad batch of Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi from (German) Save Express that a fairly bad pinhole leak issue; the outer shell started to get really wet when the diaper was nearing capacity, especially if you massaged the outer shell of it.

I haven't had any major issues with the batches from (Canadian) incontrol diapers yet. I mean sure, they've had minor pinhole leaks when they reached capacity but we all know that's 'normal' for Tena Slips

Last edited:
I just got a batch 231104 (so 4th November), in Medium and there are no changes. The print is still faint and the thickness feels the same. They were from incontinencechoice in the UK. Now I am confused, unless they have just changed the large at this point....

Cherrypie said:
Got my latest delivery of Ultimas, production date September 2023. And I notice they’ve made significant changes to them.

First thing I immediately noticed is the grey dots design on the plastic back sheet is a lot darker in colour. The plastic is also smoother than before.
View attachment 120695

Second thing I noticed is they are a lot thinner. The only way to describe them is it feels like wearing the maxi and not the ultima. But they still seem to have the same ultima absorbency even tho they are now thinner. I haven’t had a chance to fully test them tho. I changed them after 3 wettings as I’ve been out all day and didn’t want to chance it when I was out.

And they no longer seem to have the pinhole leaks which I guess is why they’ve made these changes..
I maxed out a Tena Maxi L with no problems 🥰

duey said:
I just got a batch 231104 (so 4th November), in Medium and there are no changes. The print is still faint and the thickness feels the same. They were from incontinencechoice in the UK. Now I am confused, unless they have just changed the large at this point....
Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed it’s just been a bad batch I had then

Reactions: bobbilly
Today I have received two packs of active fit maxis and two of active fit ultimas.

The various packs were manufactured between 02/11/2023 and 07/11/2023 and they appear to be the same as the batch I have been using recently and the maxi I’m wearing right now.

I shall be trying them this weekend, but I’ve every confidence that they are the same as the previous ones.

Tena have assured me they haven't made any changes.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193
I’ve noticed minor variations between Tena batches like with one batch, the padding sits more between the legs and flatter on the crotch while a previous batch had more bulk at the crotch.

I’m thinking this is more of an issue with a lack of precision calibration of their many production machines leading to batch-to-batch variations.

Reactions: duey and Deleted member 39193
Haha now I'm super curious what I'll be getting in my recent order.
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised, every product iteration by Tena got worse. Loved the tiny tape with landing zone one from a couple of years ago :(

It’s a relief to know that it’s likely been a bad batch rather than product change. I’m due to order more next week, so fingers crossed they are back to being their best.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193
Cherrypie said:
Got my latest delivery of Ultimas, production date September 2023. And I notice they’ve made significant changes to them.

First thing I immediately noticed is the grey dots design on the plastic back sheet is a lot darker in colour. The plastic is also smoother than before.
View attachment 120695

Second thing I noticed is they are a lot thinner. The only way to describe them is it feels like wearing the maxi and not the ultima. But they still seem to have the same ultima absorbency even tho they are now thinner. I haven’t had a chance to fully test them tho. I changed them after 3 wettings as I’ve been out all day and didn’t want to chance it when I was out.

And they no longer seem to have the pinhole leaks which I guess is why they’ve made these changes..
Would you say they have made changes to the SAP, i.e. they absorb faster?

xxPampersBoyxx said:
Would you say they have made changes to the SAP, i.e. they absorb faster?
Nope, I’d say they took longer to absorb.

I just got another delivery and it’s the same batch🙈 gonna need to give it a while before I order them again. They are terrible. I hate to cause a fuss but I feel like I should send them back. I’m probably not going to use them.

Do send them back. Tena would want to know there is a bad batch surely!

Cherrypie said:
Nope, I’d say they took longer to absorb.

I just got another delivery and it’s the same batch🙈 gonna need to give it a while before I order them again. They are terrible. I hate to cause a fuss but I feel like I should send them back. I’m probably not going to use them.
Cherrypie, have you also found your legs sticking to the plastic more than usual too?

I am a 24/7 user of the Ultima. Yes i noticed the changes to the Ultima as well, however i could not discover any negative issues about them. They still absorb as much as they did before, they fit the same way, but i noticed fewer pin leaks. So the conclusion on my side is that they ARE thinner but still satisfactory.

Lordy said:
Cherrypie, have you also found your legs sticking to the plastic more than usual too?
Can’t say I have, though I have noticed a bit of irritation around my hips where the wings sit.

Ratjes said:
I am a 24/7 user of the Ultima. Yes i noticed the changes to the Ultima as well, however i could not discover any negative issues about them. They still absorb as much as they did before, they fit the same way, but i noticed fewer pin leaks. So the conclusion on my side is that they ARE thinner but still satisfactory.
I’ve noticed they don’t leak much, as long as I take them out the packet and let them fluff out a bit. Guessing the compression of the packet has got something to do with it.

Reactions: xxPampersBoyxx
wow, the quality seems to be going more downhill. If you combine that with the infrequent restock of these from InControl, then I might have to stop relying on these as an alternative to using safari and alpaca. I didn’t really wear these out and about but around my apartment and at night they were fine. my frequent urination has gone down because I’m off one of my diabetes meds, but the possibility of bowel accidents has gone up a bit because of another one. So in that respect, I don’t mind needing to use these diapers for that possibility. It looks like I might need to actually find a different alternative on InControl . The original or my other go to thinner diaper, but it seems as though they have changed those now and they’ve gotten a bit thicker, which is fine. Those might be my new go to.

Back