Cashiers

Self Checkout is a beautiful thing.

I had a moment with a cashier a few years ago, we where on holidays and I had been without diapers for a week. My wife could tell I was in diaper withdrawal state and the next day told me to be a good boy and head into a pharmacy and get some special pants. My head raced, I asked if she was going to come in and help and she said no go and be a good boy. I walked in and when straight to the depends area, I found some diapers and headed for the counter. I put the large pack on the counter and a young lady rang them up. I paid and she smiled. She explained are they ok as they are I don't have a store bag they will fit into. She was very polite.
I when bright red and could hardly walk. I smiled and said ok. I turned and headed out to my wife who lucky had purchased some things in Macy's and the bag was big enough to put my diapers in. My wife told me She was so proud of me.
I was shaking with embarrassment.

The cashier was very polite and sympathetic for not having a bag.

ABdrew said:
I had a moment with a cashier a few years ago, we where on holidays and I had been without diapers for a week. My wife could tell I was in diaper withdrawal state and the next day told me to be a good boy and head into a pharmacy and get some special pants. My head raced, I asked if she was going to come in and help and she said no go and be a good boy. I walked in and when straight to the depends area, I found some diapers and headed for the counter. I put the large pack on the counter and a young lady rang them up. I paid and she smiled. She explained are they ok as they are I don't have a store bag they will fit into. She was very polite.
I when bright red and could hardly walk. I smiled and said ok. I turned and headed out to my wife who lucky had purchased some things in Macy's and the bag was big enough to put my diapers in. My wife told me She was so proud of me.

The cashier was very polite and sympathetic for not having a bag.
Depends often come with a strap on the package. Who needs an extra bag?

/smirk

Reactions: Deleted member 47221
Trevor said:
Depends often come with a strap on the package. Who needs an extra bag?

/smirk
Lol, That's how I carried it out of the store, my face was burning from how redo turned.

ABdrew said:
Lol, That's how I carried it out of the store, my face was burning from how redo turned.
I wouldn't want to have to ride a bus that way but when I was still buying Depends, I had stopped asking for a bag. Everyone has their own comfort level but I just didn't care anymore at least as far as walking to the car.

Trevor said:
I wouldn't want to have to ride a bus that way but when I was still buying Depends, I had stopped asking for a bag. Everyone has their own comfort level but I just didn't care anymore at least as far as walking to the car.

I agree now I'm used to buying them. I recently went to Littles Down Under and purchased two packs of diapers, crinklz aquanauts and little monsters, their packs giveaway that they abdl diapers. I left the store with my mommy diapers in hand and walked to the car, people in the area could see and I was like proud to be carrying what I like. I am AB so I need diapers or it's wet toddler pants for me. Lol

I was ask how old the baby was when I bought Pampers as a teenager

Last edited:
Yup, have to agree with the general statements here. Cashiers really don't care. Years ago, when I was a cashier at a pharmacy, people would come in all the time to buy condoms, and so many of them were embarrassed. Now, I certainly didn't care what they were buying (good for them, hope they had a fun night, lol) but the moments that stick out (I don't specially remember the customers) were the ones who brought more attention on themselves. Like if they came up to the counter, slowly passing the package to me while concealing it under their hand and then said something like "Oh my gosh, Kit Kat bars? I had NO IDEA they still made these!" and then threw one up on the counter. like it was supposed to be a distraction..well, yea, I'm going to think about that.

Most of the time, I was too busy being yelled at by my jerk of a boss to care.

Reactions: Trevor
DiaperedMoo said:
Self Checkout is a beautiful thing.
All three times I've used self checkout to buy diapers, something has always gone wrong with the scanner, or my card :ROFLMAO: It never happens when I buy a drink, a snack... so regular lines for me! I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else, cause it really is the best thing for an anxious buyer.

• Wow
Reactions: rdadvb59
ABdrew said:
... I put the large pack on the counter and a young lady rang them up. I paid and she smiled. She explained are they ok as they are I don't have a store bag they will fit into. She was very polite.

A little over a week ago, I went shopping again to buy a package of diapers at Kawachi (see my post with pictures below).
ieyasu said:
the local "Kawachi" Drug Store in northern Japan

I only intended to purchase a single package but ended up buying two because one of them was being liquidated and was 50% off. When I was paying the cashier decided to simply place a "purchased" strip of tape on each package rather than bag them. Every other time, they had bagged them so needless to say I was surprised. I was not mentally prepared to walk the nearly 1-1/2 kilometers to the hotel with the diapers readily visible to everyone that I passed. Fortunately was almost dark so it wasn't as extreme as it would have been if it had been in the middle of the day.

-Ieyasu

Reactions: rdadvb59
My most interesting cashier experience was not related to buying diapers but rather having to make an emergency purchase and badly needing a change, had bought a computer, chair at good will ended up dealing with stomach issues that day, had an accident when trying to fit the chair in the car. Had to make an emergency screwdriver at rite aid, the cashier noticed the smell of the diaper didn't realize it was me though commented "Some baby must have messed his diaper"

• Wow
Reactions: TyphaHare
I brought everything all at once with my friend, we went to the self check out. I didn't want to be asked, "where's the little girl?" lol, It's me stupid! I'm the little girl! :) I have brought a random pacifier, a toy or sippy along with other groceries, but no one asks, no one cares. They would never dream it was for myself, and even if they did, I don't care.

Reactions: TyphaHare
I've bought a bunch of baby diapers, youth diapers, baby powder etc.. but no one has ever asked me about it.
Smalltalk is not a thing in my country anyway. We don't engage each other in mindless, meaningless chit-chat for the most part. I am rarely talkative for my nationality in fact, and sometimes stand out for how outgoing/social I am.
People over here tend to give each other a lot of space, the country is lived in sparsely, too.

I've went twice to buy diapers from a specialized store which sells all sort of disability, health and medical help tools and they have diapers behind a curtain on a wall. They are the only store around here which sells tape-on diapers instead of the ruddy pull-ups, and I've went there instead of ordering online since they were in the same town as my boyfriend used to live, so I could stash some nappies over at his place.

First time I went there to buy the nappies, the cashier sized me up with her look and went like "The M size must be your fit, right?" and I kinda flinched, almost jumped back from it 8D I don't know why I was so.. taken aback... she was just doing her job and being good about it, too.
Then the package would not fit in the shopping bag, so we covered it with two and I went on my way. I decided to split the bag in a toilet stall, so it doesn't show. When it's in two bags, it would not peek out BUT OH MAN I made so much noise when splitting the pack!!
When I pushed half of the bag down into the plastic bag there was A LOT OF AIR TRAPPED IN THE BAG AND IT MADE A HUGE, LONG SQUEAK-FART NOISE and it was too tight to pull out anymore so I just had to push it down, making the stupid comedy squeak noise. It was horrible! I was just trying to get LESS attention, not more XD

I learned from that and next time I went to buy the nappies with a properly sized bag at the ready...

I’ve never had an odd look from a cashier. They know what items are in the store so they know what to expect. If you are really worried, find a place with self checkouts :)

Last edited:
You'll probably never see them again and if you do, they'll probably just assume you need them.

Reactions: DrummerDL
I’ve only had a couple experiences where I have actually had to check out with a cashier but every time I’ve done it the cashier never given me an odd look or said anything. I know there are horror stories but generally I don’t think cashiers care. I have had people standing in line behind me before which was nerve wracking but I just focused on minding my own business and not caring if anyone else sees. Generally self checkout is the way to go (or even better buying online) but in my experience checking out with a cashier is not as bad it sounds. There was one time I decided to try goodnites bed mats and used the self checkout and I swear I saw the attendant trying not to laugh as I left. I don’t know for sure as I just walked out as fast as I could and tried not to think about it but I’m pretty sure she was. That’s probably the only experience ive had of people making faces or even acknowledging what I was buying

Last edited:
i for one love it when the clerk or cashier is male, and they give you that second look, like they know what you are up to. i call it the smirk. i love to chat with them an do the dance, like they are expecting you to lose it right there in front of them. i will ask if there is a restroom close cause i might have an accident. by then the cashier is pointing out where bathroom is sporting a big erection. guys are strange that way,, but life goes on and i give a couple of wet farts and move on.. life's rough lol

Reactions: rdadvb59 and ChocChip
He must really be horny!

Back