Can’t pee without pooping too, am I becoming IC?

DiaperedTeddyBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Not asking for medical advice, and at some point I'll probably mention it to my doctor, but I was curious if this happens to anyone else.

For at least the past year I’ve had this issue where when I go to the toilet to pee I start involuntarily pooping too. This doesn’t happen when my bowels are empty, but if I’ve got the slightest amount of poop in my rectum, I’ll start to poop right after I start peeing. I often don’t poop very much, and it comes as a surprise because I won’t feel the need to poop, and then it just starts happening.

It’s gotten to the point where I won’t use urinals anymore and I almost always sit down to pee. I’ve had IBS for years, so I’m familiar with getting a sudden uncontrollable urge to poo, and I’ve had a few accidents where I’ve messed myself, but this is something different. With IBS I know I need to go, and that I won’t be able to hold it for very long. With this other thing, I don’t have any warning I’m about to poop until it happens.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is this a sign that I’m starting to become incontinent?

Reactions: Diprs2, luminescent81 and sport1
I don't think so.

I know some people have a problem with feeling the need, but they don't know if it's going to be number 1 or number 2.

Oh, and something else from my experience. I recently had a catheter put in for a few months for medical reasons. So I was only going to poop. I have to say that after that it was quite challenging to figure out how to control the bladder muscles and the rectal muscles. However, I also have partial urinary incontinence, so fortunately if there was involuntary leakage I didn't notice any difference and it was always only urine.

Maybe try focusing more on performing the urge and practicing which muscle is which and how to control it properly. Maybe trying to poop without peeing might help.

Good luck.

Reactions: Diprs2
blissfullyquirky said:
Not asking for medical advice, and at some point I'll probably mention it to my doctor, but I was curious if this happens to anyone else.

For at least the past year I’ve had this issue where when I go to the toilet to pee I start involuntarily pooping too. This doesn’t happen when my bowels are empty, but if I’ve got the slightest amount of poop in my rectum, I’ll start to poop right after I start peeing. I often don’t poop very much, and it comes as a surprise because I won’t feel the need to poop, and then it just starts happening.

It’s gotten to the point where I won’t use urinals anymore and I almost always sit down to pee. I’ve had IBS for years, so I’m familiar with getting a sudden uncontrollable urge to poo, and I’ve had a few accidents where I’ve messed myself, but this is something different. With IBS I know I need to go, and that I won’t be able to hold it for very long. With this other thing, I don’t have any warning I’m about to poop until it happens.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is this a sign that I’m starting to become incontinent?
you are not, the most wearing 24/7 will do is train your brain to pee and poop yourself in the short term and in the long term not holding it will cause those muscles to atrophy and weaken. people with IC either have spinal issues or have sensory issues because of nerve damage or brain injury

Last edited:
blissfullyquirky said:

Yes as I got older my incontinence would react and cause me to do #2 so have to be careful.

Back