Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 5 guest views remaining

Can someone teach me?

BearTale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Ok so I have cerebral palsy and I am starting to get frustrated with tabbed diapers! I love them but they are so tough for me to get a correct fit on my body. Here is how I have been changing into diapers am I missing something because they fit either great or weird.

1.stretch the diaper out all the way activating leak guards and fluffiness :)

2. Put the diaper down as flat as I can with the wings of the diaper out and the tapes aligned with each other

3.lie down on my back and put my bottom on top of the diaper making sure I don’t sit on the wings of the diaper

4.pull up the front of the diaper for a secure fit

5.put togather the wings of the diaper without engaging the tapes so they overlap

6.engage the tapes to the landing zone (hook loop system)

7. Adjust for a snug fit

Either I feel like the front of my diaper is loose a lot or the back is loose and the front is tight

Any suggestions fellow little ones please 🤗🤗🤗

Are you using diapers with one tape or two tapes per side? I find for two-tape diapers doing up the bottom tapes helps get a better fit and didn't do so until reading it here and it makes a big difference. In terms of one-tape diapers I find them pretty finicky. I also find sometimes that when doing the top tapes rolling onto each side to do up the top tapes helps get a tighter fit in the front. On the other hand, have you considered maybe trying a size smaller? Hope this helps. (Also unrelated but since you didn't mention it in your steps, make sure to fold the diaper in half length-wise to get a v-channel which will help absorb better if you aren't already)

Reactions: Dinotopian2002 and Trevor
Every diaper fits differently. I was excited to try the hook and loops on the Bambino Magnificos, but it turns out, they feel really loose on me as well. I think in that case it might be the fact that the two tapes are attached together on each side, but it can't help but feel like it sags immediately and no matter how I stretch and place the top tapes, it stays loose :( what diaper do you wear? For me, Crinklz/BetterDry fit me a lot better, the NorthShore MegaMax fit wonderfully, and all of the Rearz fit me okay.

When you pull up the front of the diaper, are you making sure the top of the front, and top of the back are about even? If one is a little higher than the other then that could lead to an improper fit. And that could explain why sometimes it feels tight and other times it feels loose.

It takes some trial and error with every different diaper and every person

It took me a long time to figure out a particular taping style for each type of diaper I wear, and even then sometimes I don’t get it 100%

there's another article here under 'ABDL Community' on how to put a diaper on properly.

What I do most of the time with my 4 Tape Diapers (2 per side) is get the Diaper ready to put on (I often stuff it for higher capacity, do The Fold trick, and then put the front and back level with each other) , then I put the bottom tapes in place loosely (just enough on the Landing Zone) allowing me to slide the Diaper on

after it is properly placed I put the top tapes on tighter (not too tight), and then tighten the bottom tapes tighter so the diaper is nice and snug

If this method doesn't work, then I guess it's a matter of practicing a different method (like laying down, or standing against a wall if it helps) enough times to get the fit just right.

But it should eventually become easy if you find the right model of Diaper and size for a proper fit (you can usually put a larger diaper on a little tighter if you find yourself between sizes; but you wont get good results with diapers that are way too small, even if you can get them on)

I like to start by first sprinkling a bit of baby powder in my diaper then I will put my butt on it and even it out and tape the bottom of the diaper first then adjust until I have the top of the diapers where I want it not to tight or loose enough to be able to bend over with out popping the tape

I've been changing standing up for a while (leaning on the the wall). I found that if I try to do it lying down now, I tend to do a bad job of it. I don't know why.

willnotwill said:
I've been changing standing up for a while (leaning on the the wall). I found that if I try to do it lying down now, I tend to do a bad job of it. I don't know why.

For starters your muscle tone is different when laying down than when standing/ But I think the bigger problem is leaning forward to see where you're placing a tape. This causes a BIG change in your abs, which are going to relax quite a big when you lay back or stand up, and that's going to loosen up your top tapes quite a bit. The effect seems to be a lot worse when I'm laying on something soft like a bed.

I only tape up my diapers standing up now. (I prefer pretaping some of the time) It's a good skill to have if you need to change away from home where laying down on the floor may not be an option!

It is all about tightness. Even the best diaper will fail if it is too loose.

Wow. Thank you for this. Changing standing up really did help me.

Back