Can someone explain why 2+ gallon capacity diapers exist...?

Rusher said:
Some have over active bladders I could see them for that especially for night use. I personally couldn’t stand that much weight myself
2 gallons though? That the equivalent of 10$ in gas in california... unless theyre getting a gallong of iv during the night idk how they could produce enough to fill up 2 gals

Last edited:
Aren't the hi compactly thicker.
Some ab/dl love the feel of thicker diapers. For a lot it's feel of what we are wearing that matters most to a person. Depends on what diapers we were wearing time period.
For me it's was pin on diapers plastic pants. now as a kid in my teens it was 70s pampers and kimbies which I would tape together to fit me the feeling and smell were haven.

Reactions: jcwilliams343
It's fun 🫠

Reactions: TigerDL, Woncrinklz and jcwilliams343
I wear diapers pretty much 24 seven I like the large capacity ones because it only requires about two changes a day. Sure they get pretty heavy and full but I like the feel of a full diaper. With that said, I’m not out in public in them if I’m in public, I prefer a thinner more discrete diaper

Because the diapers are tested by dunking them in saline and pulling them up and weighing them before and after. This is called the Roth well method. Basically it sucks and makes most diaper appear better as to why they use it. But most people only piss a gal to 1 1/2 gal a day. But having diapers that can absorb multiple settings without having to change was a big game changer in my life. I love my megaax max!

Reactions: Woncrinklz and Demonbabywearspamps
There's a lot of reasons behind the super high (advertised) capacity diapers, and their desirability is different depending on what your after. Here's my layman's perspective as a 24/7 diaper dependent pup - much of which has already been covered.

3 benefits of high capacity diapers:

1. capacity wars by the manufacturers. "ours holds more than the competition!" sounds great, but doesn't mean a thing if it leaks when you weren't expecting it...
2. Security in not needing a change for longer periods without fear of leaking - over the counter / found in store brands tend to be barely capable of one full void if your lucky... As frequently mentioned, the capacity numbers can and should be cut in half at a minimum in terms of practical/ usable capacity, and many higher end diapers don't even reach 1/3 before leaking even when plenty of dry padding is still present. Many of us that need or wear diaper 24/7 aren't ever going to do gymnastics to wet every square inch of padding, we expect our diapers to absorb and not leak as we use them during our regular activities.
3. for many, the feeling of BULK been the legs and diaper area is an important physical attribute when enjoying being diapered. The bulk itself (wet or dry) scratches an important Itch.

Drawbacks of crazy absorbency:
1. often lack of discretion under clothing
2. for full time wearers, generally soaking in heavy diaper isn't a priority, and urine breakdown can cause ammonia buildup and skin issues so we'll generally never get the filled close to practical capacity.
3. price is a factor especially for 24/7 use - I'll indulge on occasion, but my normal daily wear tends to be around 5,000 ml (advertised) capacity.
4. mobility issues when subjected to bulky padding (and potentially friction rash)

This puppy is personally not interested in the current capacity wars - I want good dependable protection, and i expect to and even enjoy getting changed at least 3 times a day. Wearing the same diaper for 24+ hours simply isn't appealing to me. The recreational wearer however has different priorities and itches to scratch, and I totally get and respect that.

its not actually that much. its usually half the posted capacity actually.

KeepCalmAndDiaperOn said:
I'm new and am interested in understanding as much about AB/DL as much as possible. So you'll probably see a couple more threads from me 😆

The large capacity of some of these diapers perplexes me because while I love the fact that they can hold so much, carrying it around is a whole 'nother thing.

Are there AB/DLs who will wear these large capacity diapers until they have 2-3 gallons of wettings in there? Is it for the roleplay aspect where they're maybe rolling around on the floor or in a crib where movement isn't necessary?

Thank you for your insights :)
So I ware one diaper all day

KeepCalmAndDiaperOn said:
Are there AB/DLs who will wear these large capacity diapers until they have 2-3 gallons of wettings in there?
There are no diapers that truly function to that capacity in the real world. As someone that is actually incont, the more absorbent the better. I need to be able to function as a normal person would through out the day without the fear of leaking. Any reputable urologist will tell you that you need to drink more to avoid smelling like a retirement home/community. That dilates your urine so that it doesn't smell bad. The people asking for less only do an injustice for people like me and it's not appreciated.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
Back