Can people tell?

Can people tell when you are wearing a diaper under normal clothes in public?

• Total voters
HalMidLife said:
I’m sort of not sure, but my wife has definitely mentioned to me at least twice that “those ones you’re wearing today are very loud - you probably should use the quiet ones”…or something like that.

So yes, I guess people do notice :)

In my case I think she cares a lot more than I do ;-) It doesn’t really bug me if I’m giving off crinkle sounds, but I guess she is worried that if someone notices, I will be embarrassed. Nope!
Very kind of you dear wife!!

When I was in grammar school almost everyone knew. And when I was in Jr. high school, there was more teasing ("hey, diaper boy"), including in high school (including one particularly guy who was more physical). By the time in Jr. high I tried to hide my diaper but the damage was already been done. College was easier (solo dorm room) including grad school (had an apartment). Most of my friends knew but rarely discussed it. Since I was a young adult I didn't go out on dates (few). As a responsible and successful adult I'm pretty good at hiding it though I had a long time friend that I thought she was clueless. Wrong. She finally asked me ("Are you wearing a diaper?). I had to admit it. Long story short she's been my partner for 1 and a half years. Obviously she knows and frequently comments. But nothing about teasing (except for lovely fun).

I typically wear normal clothing (a bit looser and darker), even if I'm wearing a thicker diaper (with a quality booster/doubler). Love compression shorts. I've only had a couple of comments over the years but I simply ignore them. I did had a comment from a young mother (with a laugh) after her child mentioned my leaked plants while I was shopping. I told her "Sorry, my bad...I'm incontinent." It shut her down and in a second she felt embarrassed. Most adults are respectful if they noticed.

School wasn't my favorite place. After college I was more comfortable wearing a diaper. Still, sometimes I wonder if someone hears, sees or smells something. It's doesn't really stress me but sometimes, yeah, I think about it.

I think the 100% correct answer to this question is the good ol' "it depends". But for the majority of the time, no, I don't think a diaper under normal clothes is noticeable and even if it is, unless it's blatantly obvious, most people still won't notice.

If you're wearing thin tight fitting, low rising pants with a thick very wet extra crinkly diaper, then ya, it might be noticeable. But with most "normally" fitting clothes or even with the slightest effort to wear concealing clothes, it'll most likely be unnoticeable and in most public places there's enough background noise to cover any crinkling and people won't always equate crinkling to wearing a diaper. Right after diapering up in private though, I swear, the crinkling sounds like it's amplified by like 1000 xD

Last edited:
HalMidLife said:
I’m sort of not sure, but my wife has definitely mentioned to me at least twice that “those ones you’re wearing today are very loud - you probably should use the quiet ones”…or something like that.

So yes, I guess people do notice :)

In my case I think she cares a lot more than I do ;-) It doesn’t really bug me if I’m giving off crinkle sounds, but I guess she is worried that if someone notices, I will be embarrassed. Nope!
Thing is - your wife already knows. There is no need for much guessing from her side. A random NPC on the streets? You probably have a plastic bag in your pouch - the absolute 99,99% higher probability than a diaper. Perspective and knowledge. You have to have diapers already in you mind to connect the dots and even then the majority of that is just wishful thinking.

Cheers

Reactions: HalMidLife
Elros said:
So, I know I am very self conscious about being "discovered" when I'm wearing diapers in Public. I typically go all out in my attempts to hide my diaper. My girlfriend claims I'm ridiculous and nobody will notice even I wear under my normal clothes. So, I ask your opinion; can people tell you are wearing under normal clothes in public?
Certainly hope not though I suspect people can if they look hard enough

95% of the time people cannot tell, they might just think you have a big butt sometimes. If you just act like they're not there then they're not there.

No and who cares. But If a person puts just a little effort into what they wear then no one will ever notice. I have worn 30 plus years and now use mega max daily. I wear jeans a bit big with a stretch belt to hold them up and a loose fit untucked shirt. Once we realize we are biggest enemy at judging our self it is too easy to be confident. Sure we all have moments but I honestly never really fear someone is going to notice from my imprint. Now fecal IC in public scares me abit still but nothing I can do it is what it is.

I chose Mexican food today and I jumped off the mower an hour later to a dirty diaper happen running down my hall to the restroom. That in public is my only real fear. But I try to accept it will happen and move on. Life is to good to worry what everyone thinks all the time.

Reactions: CLPP, Tine and chamberpot
Elros said:
So, I know I am very self conscious about being "discovered" when I'm wearing diapers in Public. I typically go all out in my attempts to hide my diaper. My girlfriend claims I'm ridiculous and nobody will notice even I wear under my normal clothes. So, I ask your opinion; can people tell you are wearing under normal clothes in public?
Unless you're donned in a robe, the bulge/bulk of a diaper underneath regular pants/shorts/sweat pants/etc. is going to be noticeable to anyone paying attention. It's just a simple fact of that kind of garment.

I can't let myself be worried about it. I don't wear by choice, and so when I'm out in town I just attend to my business and then return home.

Only once, while standing in a grocery store checkout line, did a (I'll use the word 'Brazen' to be polite) much older woman pat my behind and say something along the lines of "You carry yourself well." Honestly, I was so surprised at the unexpected touching, my brain was too rattled to remember her precise words, but when I turned and looked at her, I detected no slight or insult, ridicule or negativity. I didn't say anything (And I myself couldn't tell by her draping blouse and very baggy leggins (Not sure what to call that kind of 'Pants'), if she wore or not.).

Frankly, I didn't care, and it isn't something I 'Look for' in anyone. Not my business.

Not meaning to seem rude or inconsiderate of your Post. It's simply an uncomfortable topic. Only trying to engage and share thoughts with others.

LifeInPlastic said:
Thing is - your wife already knows. There is no need for much guessing from her side. A random NPC on the streets? You probably have a plastic bag in your pouch - the absolute 99,99% higher probability than a diaper. Perspective and knowledge. You have to have diapers already in you mind to connect the dots and even then the majority of that is just wishful thinking.

Cheers
Very good point!

I wear diapers everyday and while I don’t try to show them off, I’m not going to wear clothes that make me uncomfortable or feel less like myself because of my diapers. So, some days I wear my diapers with leggings over it or I wear a lot of dresses and skirts. I don’t think it’s ok to intentionally be showing off your diaper to strangers, but there’s nothing wrong with wearing clothes that make you more comfortable.

I am fairly certain that very few people know or even care if you are wearing a Nappy unless you are doing something overtly to display the fact.
There are so many people out there who do wear and even a Nappy lover might be pushed to recognise a fellow wearer.
I have been wearing Nappies for almost 30 years now and very much doubt anyone knows.

I was always worried someone would notice when I started wearing in public. I started doing so more often and don’t worry about it much anymore. I wear think and noisy diapers sometimes but everyone is too involved in their own stuff to care about what kind of underwear you are wearing. As long as you don’t draw attention to it and do your best to conceal it (ie lose fitting clothes, changing before you leak, manage odors, and not mess your diaper in a public space.)

If you are noticed, only children or immature adults are going to say anything. Usually if an adult is wearing a diaper, it’s for a reason. 99% of people wouldn’t notice a well concealed diaper, and if they do, they assume it isn’t by choice. That 1% is others who wear or enjoy to wear diapers too.

Reactions: HalMidLife and Napincolove
Most people don’t even notice each other at all, they’re too busy fixated by something on their phone!

Reactions: Tine, Napincolove and CLPP
MikeyInNappies said:
Most people don’t even notice each other at all, they’re too busy fixated by something on their phone!
Last time I was eating at a restaurant, a family of five (Mother, Father, three kids near the 'Teenage' years), were all sitting at the same table, and every one of their faces was stuffed into their cell phones.

I just smdh at the state of the world and society.

Tine said:
Last time I was eating at a restaurant, a family of five (Mother, Father, three kids near the 'Teenage' years), were all sitting at the same table, and every one of their faces was stuffed into their cell phones.

I just smdh at the state of the world and society.
To be fair I've been on family trips, stuck in the car for hours and hours, and the last thing I want to do at dinner is continue talking to them! :eek:

Back