Camping in nappies !

Davvyboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi, hope everyone is well. I’ve just been camping and hiking for 2 days. Never have I worn a nappy in a tent before……..but it is blissful!! Whilst out both nights having a few beers I was so much looking forward to getting in the tent, getting a nappy and plastic pants on and not caring about a thing. The thing is that even if the nappy leaks the tent floor is plastic! Gone are the days of getting dressed and fumbling about in the dark to find the toilets. It has been an amazing experience.

Reactions: Angelapinks, abdlchristian12, Serendiapity and 7 others
i sure do appreciate not having to get up to pee and freeze my butt off while camping XD

Reactions: Lumos, Davvyboy and Deleted member 57387
I have been torn on this, and have to camp while wearing. I guess it would have to depend on if the camp site had showers or not and who I was with.

Reactions: Davvyboy and Deleted member 57387
Last year during a camping trip I rented one of those pop up campers.
Since it wasn't mine, of course I wore a diaper to bed every night.

The first night it proved itself to be the right choice.
A major thunderstorm came through and dumped rain
on the campsite for hours.
Wonder how much the other guys had to scoot around
in their tents because they had to pee but couldn't
get out without getting totally drenched.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Deleted member 57387, barkd74 and 1 other person
I haven’t gone on any camping trips as an adult.

I remember camping with my parents and my sister once (back in the late 70s or early 80s) when I was much younger. I was still in Pampers back then. I think I was around four years old (at the oldest). I only remember bits and pieces of that trip, but from what I remember it wasn’t that bad (aside from some mosquito bites).

I might eventually do it again if I ever decide to date, get married, etc.

Reactions: Davvyboy
Using diaper during camping is good when outside temps are colder and you do not want to freeze outside. But it is good only when diaper is used for wetting because messing include cleanning which in this kind of set-up without bathroom is quite a complicated affair.

I used diaper for camping when I was staing in ice hotel in Norway. Bathroom and restaurant facilities where in “normal” hotter parts of hotel.
It was convinient to have diaper for wet and mess ( I just wet) because you do not need to get out of sleeping back, out of your igloo-room to connecting corridor to bathrrom.

Also used diaper when I had winter camping in hot tent with stove. Also good experience.

Reactions: Davvyboy and Deleted member 57387
I've done a little glamping. Just be sure that you make a provision for disposal. If you're glamping, you most likely have trash/dumpsters available. In more primative areas, you'll have to make provisions to pack out your used ones.

Gay clothing optional campgrounds (read, there's no such thing as ruffing it at the drive up to your powered campsite and offload), this pup runs around in just it's diaper. It's a very accepting place...

My family used to go camping a lot when I was young. Every time we went before I started school I was wearing diapers. I think I may have even wore them a few times after I was potty trained. I was more likely to poop my pants then stop what I was doing and walk all the way to the camp bathrooms. My Mom wasn’t too keen on cleaning up accidents.
We had a pop up camper that we bought from someone. It had all kinds of stickers on the back from places those people had gone. I would sneak back there and look at all the stickers while I pooped my diaper. Then I’d go find my Mom and tell her I needed changed.
It’s funny because I remember everyone complaining about the gross camp bathrooms. I would never even see them. I would just go in my pampers and get changed on the bed in the camper. So I was lucky in that regard.
I remember my sister complaining my dirty diapers were stinking up the place. Especially when I was older. A five year old does a pretty big mess obviously. I remember walking down to the dumpster with my Mom in the middle of the camp and feeling a little embarrassed. She was carrying a see through bag of my dirty diapers, and I had on a very obvious diaper under my shorts. Good memories. Never wore one camping as an adult, but I would like to.

Reactions: pampersguy827, Serendiapity, TigerDL and 1 other person
Just got back Friday m a break camping in the New Forest and how I wish I’d have taken some night time disposables with me.
The hassle of leaving a warm sleeping bag to go pee in the bushes was the worst part of the trip.

It’s so quiet at night you can hear every tent zip movement, such a giveaway.

My G/F (who’s a keen camper) wants to visit again for a long weekend before the Summer is over here in the UK so I will definitely make sure I’m padded for those three days

Reactions: Lyric, Angelapinks and Davvyboy
Prime69 said:
My family used to go camping a lot when I was young. Every time we went before I started school I was wearing diapers. I think I may have even wore them a few times after I was potty trained. I was more likely to poop my pants then stop what I was doing and walk all the way to the camp bathrooms. My Mom wasn’t too keen on cleaning up accidents.
We had a pop up camper that we bought from someone. It had all kinds of stickers on the back from places those people had gone. I would sneak back there and look at all the stickers while I pooped my diaper. Then I’d go find my Mom and tell her I needed changed.
It’s funny because I remember everyone complaining about the gross camp bathrooms. I would never even see them. I would just go in my pampers and get changed on the bed in the camper. So I was lucky in that regard.
I remember my sister complaining my dirty diapers were stinking up the place. Especially when I was older. A five year old does a pretty big mess obviously. I remember walking down to the dumpster with my Mom in the middle of the camp and feeling a little embarrassed. She was carrying a see through bag of my dirty diapers, and I had on a very obvious diaper under my shorts. Good memories. Never wore one camping as an adult, but I would like to.
I have similar memories from when I was younger. My family loves to camp. It’s really hot here in the summer and without air conditioning in our tent I usually just slept in my diaper. I would usually wake up before my parents and get out of the tent. I remember on a few occasions overhearing people next to us talking about my diaper. We haven’t gone camping since I have gone back to diapers at night.

Reactions: Prime69
I love pull-ups for camping. They are great when I gotta peepee during the night. I don’t have to get out of my sleeping bag / tent especially if it’s raining. More importantly rain makes me have to pee ALOT. If I’m getting full than I can change a pull-up right in my sleeping bag (I bring two gallon zip lock bags for storage). If you use the non plastic cloth type disposables you can just burn them in the fire. If the camping is more hotel then they have garbage containers we’re I throw them out. As for number two, a pull-up is great for squatting in the woods or using a latrine. They move down easily if I wanna pee against a tree while hiking. If my family is with me then we keep a male urinal in the tent … my son and daughter can either use that or a diaper in the middle of the night. For the diaper I just hold it over them without even taping it so they can peepee fast on short notice. My daughter usually prefers the make urinal with a diaper under her bottom in case she leaks a bit. They both like a diaper sometimes when they need to toot but are scared they might poo by accident just in case.

I’m actually camping all of this week and brought along my ConfiDry diapers.

Back