Brick and mortor store startup.

Dlforpurity

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Do you think a brick and motor diaper store would have a market following in the Lancaster , PA area?

• Love
Reactions: Piefox and TheWolfEmperor
Dlforpurity said:
Do you think a brick and motor diaper store would have a market following in the Lancaster , PA area?
I'd go. Live near phila and I've been to ABU in Baltimore. Lancaster is closer.

Reactions: TheWolfEmperor
I might go as I live in Montgomery County outside Philly but...

would there be enough business to sustain the store - I don't know.

BabyDenise said:
would there be enough business to sustain the store - I don't know.

You'd be surprised.

Beth, who runs the ABDL boutique in Albany, NY initially only made one order of Rearz and sold out in less than a week after she advertised.

She sells out of stock constantly now. But she has a business degree and she has the backing of the store owners.

Believe me, it's something I am considering starting up here in Vermont, or even in Massachusetts. But I would need way more business savvy than I possess.

I could probably work in an ABDL shop but starting one would be another kettle of fish.

Reactions: Piefox
Do it in mass

Reactions: Deleted member 47370 and TheWolfEmperor
It's too close to the one in new York you need one in Boston

Reactions: Deleted member 47370
Lancaster is way too out in the boonies with the cows to attract a real market. Somewhere in Philly would probably work better due to population and location. I’d much rather drive like 1hr 30mins than like 5hrs, no offense.

If you're aiming for the East coast then Lynn or Swampscott would be better. Maybe Everett or Revere. Boston is too high profile and parking alone would be forbidding.

Lynn would be great because you could rent shop space at the flea market near Wal-Mart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 47370
LilxFawn said:
Lancaster is way too out in the boonies with the cows to attract a real market. Somewhere in Philly would probably work better due to population and location. I’d much rather drive like 1hr 30mins than like 5hrs, no offense.

I highly disagree there are a lot of densely populated areas near and around Lancaster i.e. York, Harrisburg, Lebanon, Reading even Lancaster itself. It is not just all amish an cows between Philly and Pittsburgh and a decent little/ABDL population as well. I be damned if you get me going down the Schuylkill expressway in that traffic into Philly for diapers. I also think in Philly there is a small shop but I don't think its well put out there.

I live right above Lancaster in Lebanon PA and I have gone 2 hours to ABU in Baltimore and even to Rearz in Canada in my travels and would love a local brick an mortar store that sells more than just Depends and medical grade protection. The thing I like about these places is they are around populated areas without being in the heart. There is hardly anything conveniently close. I think if it is advertised to the right market like Beth does with Supply Solutions/ABDL Boutique in Albany NY but that is 4 hours for me, it would do well. It would get my attention that is for sure. I think it would be all in how the store is perceived. As long as the store caters to both people that need diapers and people that want diapers it should do fine. There is totally a market and a want in that area that is between other shops that are a good distance away.

I don't just speak for myself just from what I have noticed and heard from others as well.

Last edited:
Do you think you copied my post?

I live in Lancaster and I would be there weekly lol. Let's be business partners lol

Would love to see one in striking distance of NYC for once. A city like this you'd think you could find anything. Yes... theres tons of adult stores around but its all adult toys and lingerie. really no ABDL type stuff. If there is its usually just silly novelty or costumes items.

You could look at the areas that do have stores like that and check out the population in their vicinity etc....

Back