Bought a size too big, HELP!

Spadon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hey all, I (think) that I made a mistake in underestimating sizes...

I finally said OK and bought a pack of ABU little kings which I was super HYPED for.

I got it in today and decided to put one on and made a sad discovery, it was too big...

I picked a size L because it got from 94-107cm (I have diapers from a local store which went from 70-110cm and fit perfectly) and the ABU's are WAY bigger then I expected.

They go way too high over my belly button so they feel a bit uncomfortable and they are not secure on my crotch so the leak guards feel like they will leak at the smallest of wetting.

Did I underestimate sizing or are there sizing differences between brands (because the store bought are perfect and they are even bigger)?

• Sad
Reactions: todderhr
They are definitely different between brands. What waist size are you?
having said that there are ways to tape bigger diapers to make them fit. Abena do some good guides maybe like this
essentially tape the bottom tapes upwards and the top tapes downwards and then you can also fold over the top. I am a medium, but occasionally like large to make me feel very babyish. Good luck and I hope you make them fit after being so excited.

Reactions: ReluctantAdult and todderhr
PyjamaBoyBlue said:
They are definitely different between brands. What waist size are you?
having said that there are ways to tape bigger diapers to make them fit. Abena do some good guides maybe like this
essentially tape the bottom tapes upwards and the top tapes downwards and then you can also fold over the top. I am a medium, but occasionally like large to make me feel very babyish. Good luck and I hope you make them fit after being so excited.
Damn, should have taken the smaller ones then. Thanks for the video though, will definitely check it out and see if this works.

I'm sorry that sucks, but less disastrous as buying a size too small. TBH, I like them roomier; it makes me feel small.

But, I'm a little different with the tabs. I like to use the bottom tabs to secure a nice seal around my legs. I sort of tape it along the leg opening.

Last edited:
todderhr said:
I'm sorry that sucks, but less disastrous as buying a size too small. TBH, I like them roomier; it makes me feel small.

But, I'm a little different with the tabs. I like to use the bottom tabs to secure a nice seal around my legs. I sort of tape it along the leg opening.
Yeah that's true. It just sucks that the leg hole feel not secure so I am scared for using them...

Also them being above my belly button feels a bit annoying as well but i can fix that I guess.

Maybe this'll help.
Hot glue gun and scissors.
1. Cut the rear waistband off and possibly the front, start with the rear as this should help with the rise.

2. For the side panel with the tapes fold it back and glue it together. That should help with the tapes landing too far on the front. I'd start with about an inch on each side.

3. If the front wings are too long cut them down.

4. Order a new bag of diapers in the proper size.

Easy peasy.

Nowididit said:
Maybe this'll help.
Hot glue gun and scissors.
1. Cut the rear waistband off and possibly the front, start with the rear as this should help with the rise.

2. For the side panel with the tapes fold it back and glue it together. That should help with the tapes landing too far on the front. I'd start with about an inch on each side.

3. If the front wings are too long cut them down.

4. Order a new bag of diapers in the proper size.

Easy peasy.
Sorry, but it does sound a bit confusing to be honest...

I would love to buy new ones but I don't have another €60 lying around just for one pack...

Spadon said:

I finally said OK and bought a pack of ABU little kings which I was super HYPED for.

I got it in today and decided to put one on and made a sad discovery, it was too big...

I picked a size L because it got from 94-107cm (I have diapers from a local store which went from 70-110cm and fit perfectly) and the ABU's are WAY bigger then I expected.

They go way too high over my belly button so they feel a bit uncomfortable and they are not secure on my crotch so the leak guards feel like they will leak at the smallest of wetting.

Did I underestimate sizing or are there sizing differences between brands (because the store bought are perfect and they are even bigger)?
As has been said they definitely differ in size between brands, but another observation. The minimum size on the brand that fit you well was 70 cm while the Little Kings is 94 cm so while their upper size limit is similar, you are probably sized for the lower limit and since the lower limit for the Little Kings is considerably larger, that may also be the issue.

It might be worth it to order a size medium while they're still in stock and save the size large for days you want to double diaper. I did this with the alpha gator and it works well. (Just dont go outside you're house becsuse its super noticeable under clothes lol)

Hate that when it happens !!
One good thing about it - Now you know for sure what size you need !!!

katierichards7777 said:
As has been said they definitely differ in size between brands, but another observation. The minimum size on the brand that fit you well was 70 cm while the Little Kings is 94 cm so while their upper size limit is similar, you are probably sized for the lower limit and since the lower limit for the Little Kings is considerably larger, that may also be the issue.
Yeah while reconsidering it makes sense tbh. I am (and I double checked...) a size 92cm so I was afraid that the medium would be (a tiny bit) too small so I went with the L but that was a bad decision in the end...

I now know to probably stick to my waist line and not my gut when ordering.

Rita said:
Hate that when it happens !!
One good thing about it - Now you know for sure what size you need !!!
Yup that's true.

I do know that one time I wanted to go double diapered for a change so I bought two packs of a store brand (was cheaper...) and got an M and L respectively.

In the end I should have bought two M's because the L was GINORMOUS compared to the L and it sucked. It was even worse then the little kings...

K00paTr00pa said:
It might be worth it to order a size medium while they're still in stock and save the size large for days you want to double diaper. I did this with the alpha gator and it works well. (Just dont go outside you're house becsuse its super noticeable under clothes lol)
That is a good idea indeed. Sadly they are out of stock (and I don't have another €60 lying around.. ). I bought them as a "one time" thing because they looked REALLY nice and I don't usually buy more expensive diapers, but I might need to wait a bit and try one more time after that.

• Sad
Spadon said:
That is a good idea indeed. Sadly they are out of stock (and I don't have another €60 lying around.. ). I bought them as a "one time" thing because they looked REALLY nice and I don't usually buy more expensive diapers, but I might need to wait a bit and try one more time after that.
You might want to search for some ABU specific coupons online, it can at least save you the cost of shipping or tax sometimes.

perhaps try some kind of tape: duct, electrical, alien etc. use the tape like a belt, plus it adds to the kink factor being trapped in diapers. it excites me.

K00paTr00pa said:
You might want to search for some ABU specific coupons online, it can at least save you the cost of shipping or tax sometimes.
Thanks for the advice. I got a coupon with me for a few euro's of so that saves me a bit on shipping once they go back on sale. Might take a couple of weeks but I can wait.

Spadon said:

Late to the party and not helpful for this order but this is one of those things that make me order samples before I spend the money on large packs or cases of premium products.

Back