BM accidents, whether they're solid or sloppy -

CrossfireHurricane

longtime complete incontinent
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Nobody likes to discuss BM accidents. Lets face it, it's always an accident (unless it's on purpose - visit other sub-forums). I'm complete IC since I was a kid.
I simply accepted it. I have no other option because I can't control my bowels (or wetting). I admit it's not totally uncomfortable. I don't like it but I don't hate it either. Longtime IC people have come to the point where we still have to live. You can't stop living.

I have daily BM accident (sometimes twice). At least half of the BM's happen when I'm sleeping. The rest of the time they're in the early morning. Every once in while I have one during the day. Not my favorite thing. I try to eat and exercise on schedule. It limits daytime accidents. When I get up in the morning I always wonder what type of accident I got. Almost all of my BM's are solid. By this I mean they aren't really messy. Sometimes they are firm and other times they're soft. But they're mostly solid. Rare I have a ''sloppy" one. If it did it's because I ate something odd which I normally don't eat. Loose stool are the worst. It takes more time to clean up. I do take Nullo everyday but it doesn't completely get rid of the odor. If I get the "runs" I just go home. Like I said most of my BM accidents are solid. Sometimes firm and some soft but rarely sloppy.

What kind of stool do you get? If they're really messy, how do you deal with it? Where do you change after a BM accident? Do you use a public bathroom or do you simply go home? I know we don't like discussing it. But maybe it will help other members who have IC like me.

I have stool smear and can no longer hold liquid stool and intestinal winds. However, I have the right diet well under control and it happens only rarely that I lose large amounts. If that happens then it is actually a pretty disgusting thing.

The stool smearing is actually the most annoying thing about incontinence and almost more unpleasant than harn incontinence. When I move around a lot, I have to go to the bathroom more often to clean myself up because there are always small amounts coming out that start to itch and in the worst case cause inflammation.

I think I've been F-IC four times, all of them diarrhea. Another time was in the middle of a large store where I barely made it home without mishap. The accidents all happened just outside the house. I have since figured out a diet of what to avoid and a few things to help being regular (cheese). I've never had a solid accident but do believe that diarrhea has to be the worst. I really hate not knowing in advance when it might strike again.

I hate loose stool. Thankfully it's rare. If I have this I just go home. I have my personal bathroom in my own office but I can never feel clean enough without a shower. Almost of my BM accidents happen when I'm asleep. When I get up I always feel the bottom of my diaper to feel how big it might be.
And if I can feel how messy it is. I know how that feels. By the time I get up I'll know if it's soft or solid. I rarely have sloppy BM's. They're solid but not completely firm. Sometimes I get one of those big ones that are really firm. Which I would call a hard turd (ouch). I know they are easier for cleaning but I don't sleep well when I have one. During the day it always surprises me. I don't feel it until the last few minutes. Then I feel a strong urge. I look around to see if anyone is there. If someone is near I might try to hold it. But it usually doesn't work. As for the condition of the stool, I think solid but somewhat soft are easier.

With my IBS , my stool varies wildly, before it would be liquidy and now it has been very difficult due to extreme constipation.
I have tried eating more fruit and veggies.
My gut has a mind of its own.🤔

It typically only have urinary issues.

I had several fecal accidents a few months ago when I had a stomach bug. I was so sick it just have up getting out of bed to run to the bathroom. It was mostly liquid. I just changed and attempted to clean up when I could muster enough energy. Never trust a fart when you have diarrhea.

I do sometimes have “skid marks” in my diaper. This causes my bum to be very itchy. I believe it’s related to stress and pour diet at the time. When it happens, it only lasts a couple of days. Then it’s back to no more leakage. In these situations I clean up wherever I happen to be at the time I need to change.

Reactions: kenndlk
I think I may be onto something with my diet to beat IBS-d: since I've been consuming probiotic yogurt (Activa) for lunch instead of my usual yogurts, I seem to be getting regular. Only time will tell, if this lasts.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
BM’s accidents seem to always happen early in the morning and are always diarrhea and I hate it! It’s why I always wear nighttime diapers. Occasional urinary incontinence doesn’t effect me the same way.

I was constipated when I went to a Cinco de Mayo celebration on a different floor in my nursing home. However it was very uncomfortable. To stink up the party room couldn't be considered. I returned to my room. I used my potty because it was faster than soiling my diapers. That way I could rejoin the celebration sooner.

Back