Best way to use baby diapers as stuffers?

Cottontail said:
The glorious thing about using Pampers and Luvs as boosters is that they come right apart. You don't need scissors or anything. Once you've done it a few times, you can turn one of these diapers into a simple pad in literally five seconds. The actual padding is not compromised, so you won't have SAP grains going everywhere.

Start by tearing along the outer welds on both sides. This removes the wings and leg cuff elastics. It's easiest if you do it quickly.
View attachment 135959

Then just grab the leak guards and pull them out:
View attachment 135960

Same thing with the waistband elastic:
View attachment 135961

And then you'll having something like this:
View attachment 135962

If you want, though it's not necessary, you can go even further, pulling the top sheet off and then peeling the actually padding off the cover. I don't usually do this:
View attachment 135963

To be honest, I don't usually bother poking holes or making slices in the back of the padding. That makes a lot more sense if you leave the leakguards on the baby diaper, but there's just no good reason to do that IMO. They can be removed super quickly, and any elastics that you leave on the baby diaper are going to make it sort of shrivel up into an uncomfortable wad between your legs.
So I did try this without poking holes, but it seems it’s a necessary step if putting them in Goodnites, maybe because the padding is narrower than a typical adult diaper. It leaked without the luvs transferring that much wetness to the Goodnite.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and Cottontail
I’ve got some pampers that I’ e been using as doublers. I will have to try taking them apart first

I have a few Huggies but apparently they don’t come apart the same way Luvs do.

I’ve noticed that I use a smaller or cheaper adult diaper such as an assurance and fold it up to act as a stuffer. I can then go through multiple wettings before needing a change

When and if I use baby diapers as stuffers I'll use a push pin to poke holes (never slits) in the baby diaper. Then I'll cut off the rear wings and hot glue the diaper inside of my adult diaper so it stays in place and doesn't bunch up.

Btw, poking holes is better than cutting slits because the tiny holes keep the pulp inside the baby diaper yet still allowing the pee to flow through.

Last edited:
Nowididit said:
When and if I use baby diapers as stuffers I'll use a push pin to poke holes (never slits) in the baby diaper. Then I'll cut off the rear wings and hot glue the diaper inside of my adult diaper so it stays in place and doesn't bunch up.

Btw, poking holes is better than cutting slits because the tiny holes keep the pulp inside the baby diaper yet still allowing the pee to flow through.
How did you get liquid to transfer to the bigger diaper? I've tried using them as suffers and they usually just overflow to the sides of the main diaper, but not through to the front.

Back