Best way to dispose of dirty diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiaperLui

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I love with one roommate who will be working late all next week and the week after. I won’t be working since it’s my off week so I plan on getting some diapers. But how should I dispose of my used diapers? If I just put them in the trash in the house they’ll smell and since our neighborhood requires us to have clear trash bags (for recycling purposes) they’ll be seen. What should I do?

Is there anything you can put the Diapers in to hide them at all?

Something nobody would think about Recycling?

Would aluminum foil work? You know acting like it's been used to cook with and all

Reactions: TigerDL and Deleted member 51008
Just take them to a local store or appartement complex and throw them in the dumpster.

Reactions: RunButDontHide, TigerDL and Deleted member 51008
I suggest a Black look and odor proof plastic bag,
if you have a pooped diaper maybe two, seal them
with a tight knot and put them in a official Trashcan
somewhere outside.

I have small garbage bags and wrap tight, then put into another bag usually the wal-mart bags and that hides them plus doubles up smell control

Reactions: RunButDontHide
I use grocery bags. I tie them up tight and dispose of them in my outside garbage cans or sometimes in my indoor trash can. I don’t mess them so smell has never been an issue....at least not that I have noticed.

For obscuring the visual, I have used paper towels, wrapped around the used diaper. It also helps if there are more paper towels, tissues, and/or other stuff around in the garbage that prevents the blob of a diaper from being pressed up against the sides. As others have said, plastic grocery bags can somewhat help block the sight, but more so provide a barrier against the smell. Combining these 2 methods could help block both the sight and smell. Even with plastic bags though, some air/smell might be able to leak out, so it would be beneficial to minimize how long they sit with pee before disposing or the trash is taken out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back